Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #76  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Dr B's is a good deal if you go into a clinic, they are happy to sell products to you and the price is right.

But if you order online the shipping is just the same as if you ordered from Nashua is the US. So not a good deal at all.
But their clinics are easy to find in most cities.

Pat
I think it depends on where you live and how far Dr. B's (or Nashua for that matter) has to ship the order. I'm in a city in Central Ontario, north-east of Toronto, and the order came from somewhere around Toronto - in my situation the shipping charges were pretty decent. Out west from TO, not so good. I've 'tested' an order on the Nashua website a couple of times to see what their shipping costs would be for me... they're considerably more than from Dr. B's. (ie triple). So it's something each person has to investigate personally.

Last edited by evepet; 05-18-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I think it depends on where you live and how far Dr. B's (or Nashua for that matter) has to ship the order. I'm in a city in Central Ontario, north-east of Toronto, and the order came from somewhere around Toronto - in my situation the shipping charges were pretty decent. Out west from TO, not so good. I've 'tested' an order on the Nashua website a couple of times to see what their shipping costs would be for me... they're considerably more than from Dr. B's. (ie triple). So it's something each person has to investigate personally.
Mine was $30 for 4 boxes. Not a very large parcel.Edmonton is not all that far away. But I guess that's how they do it. Most places have a flat rate for inside the country.
I never thought of this before but does Canada Post charge more to ship to different provinces?
Old 05-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I paid $46 in shipping to Alberta from Nashua. Then uvfortunately had to pay a customers charge of $20. Took about 1.5 weeks.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartas View Post
I paid $46 in shipping to Alberta from Nashua. Then uvfortunately had to pay a customers charge of $20. Took about 1.5 weeks.
Customs, not customers.... Sorry.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #80  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

I received this week my first order from Nashua and it cost me 35$ shipping + 30$ customs (I have 1 month worth of products). Compared to products I buy at my clinic, I save at least 60$ (if not buying the RTD as they are more expensive). I know shipping is expensive but thought it was still worth it for a wide variety of products.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #81  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud007 View Post
I received this week my first order from Nashua and it cost me 35$ shipping + 30$ customs (I have 1 month worth of products). Compared to products I buy at my clinic, I save at least 60$ (if not buying the RTD as they are more expensive). I know shipping is expensive but thought it was still worth it for a wide variety of products.
That's about the same as the shipping & customs fees I paid for an order from DoctorsBestWeightLoss.com. Like you, I ordered about a 1 month supply of a variety of things.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #82  

I guess what I was comparing Dr. B's to was proteinwell.ca. They are both Canadian companies and both shipping from Ontario. Proteinwell was free shipping over $100.

Pat
Old 05-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #83  

I was just reading the end of yesterday's daily thread.

lKP888 had asked me where was a good place to buy WF products in Edmonton.
I had recommed Sweet Tweets which I loved and planned to drop in next week when I had to go to that part of the city.

But then Trinique posted that Sweet Tweets had closed. Oh no!!

Does anyone know of another place to get them in Edmonton?

I know there is a good sugar free store in Red Deer but don't want to drive down there just for that.

Pat
Old 05-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #84  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
I guess what I was comparing Dr. B's to was proteinwell.ca. They are both Canadian companies and both shipping from Ontario. Proteinwell was free shipping over $100.

Pat
Proteinwell.ca is definitely going to get my next alternate product business. I'm just waiting at present until I use up a bit more of my 'stock'. I love the places that offer free shipping - even if you have to order $100's worth. Lowcarbcanadagrocery.com is like that too. I think I'll pretty much limit my orders to those two from here on in, and supplement that with what I can buy locally - Pure Protein shakes and bars, etc. (If I recall correctly, the shipping on my Dr. B's order - also 4 of the little 7-pack boxes - was around $13.00.) My order from them was around $80... can't recall now whether they offered any incentive re lower cost shipping for a bigger order... I think not though, otherwise I'm sure I would have upped my order a bit to reach it.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #85  

This thread had slide way down. I'm bumping it to ask again if anyone knows where to get WF products in or near Edmonton since Sweet Tweets has closed?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #86  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
This thread had slide way down. I'm bumping it to ask again if anyone knows where to get WF products in or near Edmonton since Sweet Tweets has closed?

Thanks
Hi Patns, the store in Red Deer is Sugar Free and More. Very good selection there, she is also an IP coach. Her website wasn't current when I last talked to her, but she is willing to ship if you contact her.
Do you have any Nutter's stores nearby? The Nutter's in LLoydminster just started selling WF products so that might be a place to try if you have any stores close by.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #87  

Thanks, I will check out Nutter's. I know the store in Red Deer is very good, I should check that online too.
If worse comes to worse I can go to Red Deer but would rather not.
I loved Sweet Tweet but it was not in an area with much shopping around it, you would have to know about it to find it.

Actually I didn't know that the owner in Red deer was an IP coach. That is likely the best bet. I had talked to her by phone before but that was before IP. She was very helpful about shipping things out then.
Thanks again!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #88  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello Canadians,

I am learning about some other alternatives than what I usually use, but I still find everything mentioned in here to be more expensive than what I usually buy.

For example, the simply bar on well.ca, I see it is $40 for 15 bars, while this is still a good price comparing to the original IP products, I still find it kind of expensive (to my budget) to pay more than $2.50 for a bar. I buy my bars from Costco, the best priced ones are the Detours one, $15 a box of 15 so, it is $1 per bar. Also, for a period of time, I was lucky to get the Jamieson slim down bars discounted to $0.99 at Walmart and at Jean-Coutu. For my RTD drink, I am buying the muscle milk light from Costco and it is about $28 I think, for a box of 24. Also I bought from Costco the big Jars of 2kg of chocolate and vanilla powder for about $40 a box and these go a long way since a serving is less than 30g.

Thank you everyone for sharing
Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #89  
Agir pour ne pas subir...

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
1. I buy my bars from Costco, the best priced ones are the Detours ones.
2. I am buying the muscle milk light from Costco
3. Also I bought from Costco the big Jars of 2kg of chocolate and vanilla powder
Hey Sandra! Thanks for that :]
I'm an avid Costco shopper and was contemplating some of their protein products the other day but wanted to do some analysis first on their nutritional values (which is probably a good idea for anyone considering alternative products).

I'm not clear with the breakdown of daily allotted values on IP protocol, but from my limited understanding, IP allocates between 20-30 net carbs per day. I have NO idea about calories, or fat but it's pretty low!

At least for protein, you can follow Dr. Tran's equation regarding the amount of daily protein required by multiplying 1.2 to your ideal weight (in kilos)
For example, if your ideal weight is 140lbs aka 63Kg X 1.2 = 76 grams of protein per day

1. You mentioned the "Detours" Bars
Comparing the low sugar bars only, they seem quite reasonable in terms of calories vs. protein but no idea what the carb total is (?) Also, not sure which ones are available at Costco - which ones do you use/recommend?
http://www.detourbar.com/catalog/pro...ompare/index/#

2. Here is the nutritional info for Muscle Milk Light
http://www.cytosport.com/wp-content/...TE-14oz-NF.jpg

Are you concerned with the carb count of this product?

3. Costco protein powder
There are a few to chose from at Costco, below is nutritional value of the kind that my SO buys, which is quite good if you're looking for a wicked protein boost! Which powder are you referring to?

per 40g servings
  • 150 calories
  • 0.3g fat
  • 1g carb
  • 0.5g sugars
  • 35g protein
Old 05-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #90  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
Thanks, I will check out Nutter's. I know the store in Red Deer is very good, I should check that online too.
If worse comes to worse I can go to Red Deer but would rather not.
I loved Sweet Tweet but it was not in an area with much shopping around it, you would have to know about it to find it.

Actually I didn't know that the owner in Red deer was an IP coach. That is likely the best bet. I had talked to her by phone before but that was before IP. She was very helpful about shipping things out then.
Thanks again!
Hi Pat

I have checked out the Nutters in Lloyd as well, just looking for some products that they don't have yet. I will good the Red Deer store and maybe see if they can ship some things out. Thank you for all your help!!!
Closed Thread