3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

The Canada Thread

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #46

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartas View Post
Hello. Thanks for the welcome! It looks like packets will Bo approx. $1.90 each including shipping. I chose them based on advice from others in the alternative stickies. Hope they come this week!
that's a good price! Thanks Zartas!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #47
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 265/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Like you, I've had a problem trying to find good alternative puddings. And I've also yet to find a protein powder that produces a thick consistency in a drink/shake... the product(s) I'm using are definitely more watery than the IP shakes.

I haven't yet ordered from proteinwell.ca - but will probably do so by the end of the month. They've got several items I'm interested in, but I want to use up some of my current alternative supply of products before bringing in more. If anybody has tried their puddings or shakes, I'd appreciate a review! Ditto the spaghettini.

http://www.proteinwell.ca/diet-foods

Hello there,

I ordered more than once from proteinwell.ca, their pudding is good, but they only have chocolate, vanilla and butterscotch, all of them are very good, tasty and the texture is excellent, but you don't have as much variety, I really wish they had a strawberry pudding for example.

They usually ship within 2 days, but good luck finding a way to contact them, I mean, I never had a problem with them at all, but if anyone has a problem with their shipping, there is no way to contact them except by an e-mail to which they never answer.

Started IP 06-30-11 @250lbs - Started alternatives mid Oct. 2011 - Stopped on Christmas 2011 (biggest mistake of my life) Lost 50lbs by then. Gained back all the weight I lost + 15 more lbs after IVF in 2013.
Many re-starts failed miserably. I stopped IP as I wasn't sticking to the plan but always try to re-start.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #48
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello there,

I ordered more than once from proteinwell.ca, their pudding is good, but they only have chocolate, vanilla and butterscotch, all of them are very good, tasty and the texture is excellent, but you don't have as much variety, I really wish they had a strawberry pudding for example.

They usually ship within 2 days, but good luck finding a way to contact them, I mean, I never had a problem with them at all, but if anyone has a problem with their shipping, there is no way to contact them except by an e-mail to which they never answer.
Thx sandra - at least I'll know not to freak when I don't hear from them. I appreciate your review of their puddings. I'll definitely try some of them.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #49

S/C/G: 286/170/150

Height: 5'7"

Default ProtiDiet vs Proti-thin products

I am wondering if Protidiet is the same as protithin products? I get protidiet items from proteinwell.ca and I see that Nashua sells proti-thin products.
Are they the same thing? Have you bought from Nashua? Is the shipping and duty very high?
Also, has anyone found the Julian bread in Canada? It looks good for when
moving to the next phase comes along.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #50
Agir pour ne pas subir...

Height: 5' 5"

Hi again :]
Although I've never tried anything other than IP products, upon a bit of sleuthing, I can tell you that they are two different product lines, but similar in a high protein-way... Comparing apples to apples (or in this case vanilla pudding) it's clear that IP is the best on the nutritional front, no sugar, less carbs higher protein:

Proti Diet: http://www.proteinwell.ca/protidiet-...udding-vanilla
vs.
Ideal Protein: http://www.idealtogo.com/pop13.html
vs.
Proti-thin:http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...lla-7-box.html

There are many other products on the Nashua site.. but the shipping fees and custom are definitely a deterrent from placing an oder via the US.

Last edited by Ei8ht : 05-16-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #51
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 265/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everybody,

Just want to let you know that yesterday I bought a box of soy nuts from Maxie & Cie, it 650g for $3.

So, I did a little bit of calculation and compared:

650g divided by 30g (which is what a pack of IP soy nuts weigh) = 21.66

So, if I were to buy the same quantity with the IP package, it would have costed me $81.22, I calculated the price of $3.75/pack which is what it used to be when I started IP, but I understood that these prices have gone way up now, so not sure how much they are selling a pack of IP nowadays.

Anyway, so happy with my purchase, I used my digital kitchen scale to weigh a portion of 30g today and I seasoned them with some seasoning salt and enjoyed them for lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

Started IP 06-30-11 @250lbs - Started alternatives mid Oct. 2011 - Stopped on Christmas 2011 (biggest mistake of my life) Lost 50lbs by then. Gained back all the weight I lost + 15 more lbs after IVF in 2013.
Many re-starts failed miserably. I stopped IP as I wasn't sticking to the plan but always try to re-start.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #52

That's a good buy Sandra!

I'm seriously thinking of going alternative, "maybe" after a couple of more weigh in's. I know all the phases and pretty sure I can do it on my own and all the coaching from this site We are in the process of buying a new 5th wheel and $ is going to be tight for the summer, especially with the price of gas in Canada too!

When I was doing Atkins I was using Natural Factors Whey Protein. http://www.canadianvitaminshop.com/P...colate-Flavour
This product would work out to be about .62 cents a serving!
1 scoop:
Calories 90
Fat 2g
Sodium 30mg
Carbs 2g
Protein 16g

Any of you used Natural Factors doing IP Alternatives?

Last edited by ProteinGal : 05-16-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #53
Agir pour ne pas subir...

Height: 5' 5"

Woah. In a conversation with my coach where I was complaining about the taste of the IP food, and refusing to believe that the French would EVER eat anything like this, she told me that IP is Canadian - and that the the products are made in Quebec! The packages do say Made in Canada but I thought that every country made their own or something.. I was under the complete impression that this was a French company - does anyone know?
Old 05-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #54

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ei8ht View Post
Woah. In a conversation with my coach where I was complaining about the taste of the IP food, and refusing to believe that the French would EVER eat anything like this, she told me that IP is Canadian - and that the the products are made in Quebec! The packages do say Made in Canada but I thought that every country made their own or something.. I was under the complete impression that this was a French company - does anyone know?
When I ordered IP products from the Protein store in the US I had to pay duty when I picked up the parcel. Then I noticed on the packages they all said Made in Quebec. So they sent them to the US and then we pay duty when they send them back.

Pat
Old 05-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #55
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
When I ordered IP products from the Protein store in the US I had to pay duty when I picked up the parcel. Then I noticed on the packages they all said Made in Quebec. So they sent them to the US and then we pay duty when they send them back.

Pat
Haha thats nothing....try buy a Skidoo from the US. Yes manufactured in Quebec, gov grants out the wazoo, and 30% cheaper in the states. If you bring one BACK into Canada you pay gst, duty AND void any warranty. So much for free trade.

But back to IP...I have also been told that IP is a Canadian company but the actual diet was developed in europe. Not sure if right or wrong but the packets all come from Quebec for us...maybe there are plants in other countries as well , im not sure.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #56

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everybody,

Just want to let you know that yesterday I bought a box of soy nuts from Maxie & Cie, it 650g for $3.

So, I did a little bit of calculation and compared:

650g divided by 30g (which is what a pack of IP soy nuts weigh) = 21.66

So, if I were to buy the same quantity with the IP package, it would have costed me $81.22, I calculated the price of $3.75/pack which is what it used to be when I started IP, but I understood that these prices have gone way up now, so not sure how much they are selling a pack of IP nowadays.

Anyway, so happy with my purchase, I used my digital kitchen scale to weigh a portion of 30g today and I seasoned them with some seasoning salt and enjoyed them for lunch.

Have a great day everyone!
Good buy. So are they just plain soy nuts? I am thinking that I could probably get them in th bulk area at the grocery store and season them as you did??
Old 05-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #57

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

[quote=Longhorn Energy;4336281]Haha thats nothing....try buy a Skidoo from the US. Yes manufactured in Quebec, gov grants out the wazoo, and 30% cheaper in the states. If you bring one BACK into Canada you pay gst, duty AND void any warranty. So much for free trade.

QUOTE]

Probably the same deal if we wanted to buy a jet!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #58
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinGal View Post
That's a good buy Sandra!

I'm seriously thinking of going alternative, "maybe" after a couple of more weigh in's. I know all the phases and pretty sure I can do it on my own and all the coaching from this site We are in the process of buying a new 5th wheel and $ is going to be tight for the summer, especially with the price of gas in Canada too!

When I was doing Atkins I was using Natural Factors Whey Protein. http://www.canadianvitaminshop.com/P...colate-Flavour
This product would work out to be about .62 cents a serving!
1 scoop:
Calories 90
Fat 2g
Sodium 30mg
Carbs 2g
Protein 16g

Any of you used Natural Factors doing IP Alternatives?
I've been using Natural Factors Whey Factors Protein. I liked the nutritional values it had, and I liked that it's sweetened with stevia. While it doesn't produce as thick and 'shake-like' a drink as I'd prefer, it is quite good. One of the flavors I use is Macha Green Tea... I get a really good dose of green tea powder everytime I use that one. I also got their Vanilla flavor, to which I often add some Capella French Vanilla flavor drops.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #59

Thanks Eve for you review, not sure yet if I will go alternatives, kinda of scared but really like to save money too

I've been reading all about whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate and most of the pros favour isolate. And I see Natural Factors has more concentrate, my mind is boggled with all this
Old 05-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #60

S/C/G: 286/170/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all! Looking forward to a long weekend.
I tried "turkey italian sausage" from Walmart, Red Deer. They are very good.
The counts are good, so I think they fit very well. I did them in a
pan on top of the stove, but I think they would barbecque well.
I posted on the daily, but wanted to mention a book I have been
reading. I am not diabetic, but it is good for anyone to help us understand
the insuling/pancreas connection. "The Diabetes Miracle" by Diane Kress.
I hope to go to Stettler, Alberta tomorrow to visit Lou's ladies wear stores.
They are closing and so everything is greatly reduced. It's time for some smaller clothes.
Have a great day!!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.