3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

The Canada Thread

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #31
Agir pour ne pas subir...

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Greetings Fellow Canadians from the East Coast. I live in PEI and have to get everything online. I started with a Coach in Halifax (3hr drive), so now doing alternatives
Hi PEI - welcome!
I was just wondering if you could tell us which online site you go to, and also, provide a list of the alternate products you've been using...

I wish I could make suggestions on protein powder at this time, but haven't ventured there yet. Definitely thinking about it seeing as I'm not a fan of IP drinks..or much of their products actually.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #32

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ei8ht View Post
Hi PEI - welcome!
I was just wondering if you could tell us which online site you go to, and also, provide a list of the alternate products you've been using...

I wish I could make suggestions on protein powder at this time, but haven't ventured there yet. Definitely thinking about it seeing as I'm not a fan of IP drinks..or much of their products actually.
I have ordered from Low Carb Canada. I can by the following locally Pure Protein Peanut bars for my restricted each day and then I have used different drinks including the GNC Lean Muscle Meal RTD, Pure Protein drinks and also from Costco Muscle Milk light RTD. I still have some IP products left so have been mixing them in as well. As long as you watch the carbs, fat, sugars and calories there are options. Just have found something to replace my puddings
Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #33

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ei8ht View Post
Just to make mention of another recent thread on purchasing IP products from the Protein Store http://shopforprotein.com

1. Purchasing their products online is the same cost as purchasing from my coach, except their price is $USD;
2. After contacting their customer service with respect to shipping costs to Canada, I received a vague answer revolving around the cost shipping to Anchorage, Alaska ($16) plus the cost of shipping to a Canadian address.

Anyway - I just wanted to mention that their site is garbage, at least in relation to Canadian customers.

I ordered from them and found their service excellent. It is quite a new site; I was in fact their first Canadian customer. So until they got the shipping costs figured out they absorbed the shipping costs for my order.

Then they checked shipping costs and realized for a parcel to go to Alaska it had to go by here and they had free shipping to Alaska. So they they said for future orders I would pay the difference between what it would cost to ship to Alaska and to here.

That said I still got dinged with duty.It is quite annoying to pay duty and then all the packages say made in Quebec on them.

But then again we have no way of buying IP products in Canada without going to a clinic. That is too time consuming for me due to distance and hectic work schedule. Americans can use IPtogo.
So my experience with this company's products and service was very positive but as always the cost adds up quickly when ordering out of Canada.

I am not sure what the deal is with this company, they said they "used" to offer IP and are selling off excess stock put they are offering the new products as soon as they are available in the clinics.

Pat

Make choices today that your future self will thank you for!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #34
Started IP 3/26/12

S/C/G: 209.5/162/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I have ordered from Low Carb Canada. I can by the following locally Pure Protein Peanut bars for my restricted each day and then I have used different drinks including the GNC Lean Muscle Meal RTD, Pure Protein drinks and also from Costco Muscle Milk light RTD. I still have some IP products left so have been mixing them in as well. As long as you watch the carbs, fat, sugars and calories there are options. Just have found something to replace my puddings
Like you, I've had a problem trying to find good alternative puddings. And I've also yet to find a protein powder that produces a thick consistency in a drink/shake... the product(s) I'm using are definitely more watery than the IP shakes.

I haven't yet ordered from proteinwell.ca - but will probably do so by the end of the month. They've got several items I'm interested in, but I want to use up some of my current alternative supply of products before bringing in more. If anybody has tried their puddings or shakes, I'd appreciate a review! Ditto the spaghettini.

http://www.proteinwell.ca/diet-foods

I invite you to visit my blog at http://diettalktoday.com It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products.

Started P3: March 18/2013
Started Maintenance: April 1/2013
Reboot Started 1/2014
Old 05-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #35

Forgot to mention MIO is on sale at Superstore for $2.99 - still the same 4 flavors as Walmart but almost $1.00 cheaper. Stock up.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #36

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

Default Hello my Canadian friends

This is actually my first post but I have been reading most of the IP threads since the end of January. I am from Central Alberta as well. I have lost 56 lbs since Christmas and I am feeling awesome! I am starting to use some alternatives as I get closer to goal. I did my first Nashua order last week. Got 19 boxes of various IP comparable products for 219$, 46$ shipping. Will let u all know in the Alternative thread how it is when it comes. I go to sugar free and more in Red Deer about once a month for WF stuff, pure protein at Walmart or superstore and lite muscle milk at Costco.
You are all so inspiring to me and when I am feeling the wind leave my sails I just start reading posts.
Thanks! Hope I am doing this post right....
Old 05-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #37

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartas View Post
This is actually my first post but I have been reading most of the IP threads since the end of January. I am from Central Alberta as well. I have lost 56 lbs since Christmas and I am feeling awesome! I am starting to use some alternatives as I get closer to goal. I did my first Nashua order last week. Got 19 boxes of various IP comparable products for 219$, 46$ shipping. Will let u all know in the Alternative thread how it is when it comes. I go to sugar free and more in Red Deer about once a month for WF stuff, pure protein at Walmart or superstore and lite muscle milk at Costco.
You are all so inspiring to me and when I am feeling the wind leave my sails I just start reading posts.
I LOVE the sugar free and more store in Red Deer (I drive 45 minutes to go there lol). They have a powder drink mix there that is 0/0/0 I can not remeber what its called but the fruit punch one is wicked good! I like them so much better the MIO. MIO gives me killer cramps for some reason and makes me feel like I'm going to throw up about 20 minutes after I drink it. Ask the lady who works at the store, she will know which one.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #38

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartas View Post
Zartas!

So with shipping how much on average is one packet of food?
Old 05-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #39

Hello. Thanks for the welcome! It looks like packets will Bo approx. $1.90 each including shipping. I chose them based on advice from others in the alternative stickies. Hope they come this week!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
I LOVE the sugar free and more store in Red Deer (I drive 45 minutes to go there lol). They have a powder drink mix there that is 0/0/0 I can not remeber what its called but the fruit punch one is wicked good! I like them so much better the MIO. MIO gives me killer cramps for some reason and makes me feel like I'm going to throw up about 20 minutes after I drink it. Ask the lady who works at the store, she will know which one.
I am not sure if this is how to reply to a specific post or not? Where do I find instructions on how to post? I agree on the Mio, it is okay once in a while but sometimes when I drink it I feel very full and a little crampy as well. I see sugar free and more still sells it for about $11 a bottle! It is $2 - $3 in the grocery stores...
Old 05-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #41

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Tried that chocolate peanut butter spread and it's actually pretty good! Put it with the chocolate drink in the blender and it makes it insanely thick and creamy - and adds extra flavour!

Started IP March 1, 2012 Goal 1- 29lbs - March 27. Goal 2- 45lbs - April 25. Goal 3- 65lbs - May 29.
Goal 4- 82lbs - July 3. Goal 5 - 100lbs - August 7. Goal 6 - 129lbs - October 9. Break from October 17 to January 2. FINISH LINE - lose 153lbs - in progress. Forever in progress.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #42

S/C/G: 202.6/199.2/120

Height: 5'0

Iam from BC Canada and was wondering more about this Ip diet? What is it? and do you eat their foods or your own? tried looking it up on the net but dont quite understand it. Can someone pls explain more about this diet Thanks so much! I need to lose about 90lbs and this does sound quite interesting.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabou69 View Post
Iam from BC Canada and was wondering more about this Ip diet? What is it? and do you eat their foods or your own? tried looking it up on the net but dont quite understand it. Can someone pls explain more about this diet Thanks so much! I need to lose about 90lbs and this does sound quite interesting.
If you check out the daily thread for Idea Protein there are stickies that explain everything but in a nut shell you eat 3 IP products, plus 8oz lean protein, 4 cups of veggies, olive oil, sea salt and lots of water. Some people find the products expensive so buy alternatives that have similiar carbs, sugar, etc. Weight varies depending on age, how much weight you have to lose and gender but for women the average is 3-5lbs per week. Once you reach goal (or close to goal) you go to Phase 2, 3 and 4 and then maintence. It is very similar to Atkins but low fat.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #44
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

And...is normally administered through a health professionals office, mostly chiropractors it seems around here anyway. Your progress will be monitored weekly by a 'coach'. And the program while a bit costly seems very effective for everyone I know that has tried it. I have tried many other diets and this is one of the first that has seemed to work for me. Try find a clinic offering the diet in your area and attend an info night, most have them monthly or more often.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #45

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Just a heads up for those that do alternatives and or don't see a weekly coach. Ebay ca has a seller who sells one month supply of IP products.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.