Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 191/187/155

Height: 5'5"

Question

Well, I have been really thinking about beverages here on day 3. I was wondering if I could just have the Diet Tonic Water ( no sugar, no fat, no carb's). Got pretty excited that I would not have any trouble not having a cocktail until I really read the small print... Saccharine, so much for that idea. Anyone try it on IP? I do not want to mess up the plan just to have something that seems normal. On a side note, I am really impressed that the little silver packets turn into some really great tasting food.

Last edited by knot2old; 05-10-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: added lossbar
Old 05-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #122  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knot2old View Post
Well, I have been really thinking about beverages here on day 3. I was wondering if I could just have the Diet Tonic Water ( no sugar, no fat, no carb's). Got pretty excited that I would not have any trouble not having a cocktail until I really read the small print... Saccharine, so much for that idea. Anyone try it on IP? I do not want to mess up the plan just to have something that seems normal. On a side note, I am really impressed that the little silver packets turn into some really great tasting food.
Try plain seltzer water flavored with Mio. Technically, some commercial seltzers use phosphoric acid processes to produce the carbonation and are high in acidity and IP is an alkaline diet. It won't affect your WI, and some IPers (me included, I have a homemade seltzer) find it to be a great mocktail.

ETA: link to seltzer thread..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ter-cheat.html

Last edited by LizRR; 05-10-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 191/187/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Try plain seltzer water flavored with Mio. Technically, some commercial seltzers use phosphoric acid processes to produce the carbonation and are high in acidity and IP is an alkaline diet. It won't affect your WI, and some IPers (me included, I have a homemade seltzer) find it to be a great mocktail.

ETA: link to seltzer thread..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ter-cheat.html
Thanks LizRR, can you get Mio in the grocery store, first I have heard of it.

Last edited by knot2old; 05-10-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #124  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Thanks LizRR, can you get Mio in the grocery store, first I have heard of it.
Yes, Mio should be around the crystal light, kool aid aisle. It is flavored with sucralose and a lot of IPers use it for water flavoring. My favorites are orange-tangerine & berry-pomegranate. It's a small bottle you just squirt in to flavor.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
I'm thankfully doing great with my discipline, especially given how completely stressed out I am the last few days. Like for example: I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday for a realtor and their client who were supposed to show up (they didn't) and while the cookies looked great (just Pillsbury premade cookie dough), I've been just fine with the girls and DH having them all. There's even two still left on the sheet after only baking eight last night! I look at it and I just tell myself it's soooooo not worth it.

But I am so stressed out (major financial related issues, so not anything that can be solved quickly) and it just kind of is starting to feel blah with my food choices. I cooked my first ever pork loin roast the other night, I've been cooking Indian food, Thai food, Italian food.... And it's good stuff, don't get me wrong, it's just a lot more vegetable cooking and preparation than I'm used to. I guess I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and wanting some more satisfaction. Like how satisfying is Indian food when you don't involve potatoes? How satisfying is Thai food without saffron rice to eat with it? And only having tomatoes twice a week, I broke that commandment last night fixing the Chicken Cacciatore.

I guess I'm just wanting to whine.
I can really relate to what you are saying! I tried to make faux California rolls tonight... They wer ok. I think it helps with my craving something to try to make it IP friendly.
Great job at winning against the temptation!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #126  

Quote:

I was really impressed with the flavor of the protien packets too! Which one is your favorite so far?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #127  
start IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 235/195/175

Height: 5'8"

thanks for advise about omlette packages. I am going to try to have them at lunch with lots of veggies and spices,that might help. Well close to day two starting.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #128  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
I can really relate to what you are saying! I tried to make faux California rolls tonight... They wer ok. I think it helps with my craving something to try to make it IP friendly.
Great job at winning against the temptation!
Thanks. I can't even imagine trying to make a california roll. How would that be possible without rice???
Old 05-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Thanks. I can't even imagine trying to make a california roll. How would that be possible without rice???
You make "rice" with cauliflower. Finely chop the cauliflower (I used my PC chopper). Lay it out on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350f for 5 minutes.

I used my chopper to mince up shrimp as well and mixed it with some WF mayo then smeared it and the rice on. I also used cucumber strips inside.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #130  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Well another great day in IP land! I know some of you are having a hard time but it will pass and you will be closer to your goal. I have had moments when I just wanted to eat "normal" but I stayed 100% OP because it works. So when you fall of the wagon jump back on quickly!
Cadu, lovely new pic! I decided to finally post one and Tripmama was kind enough to help me! Wuv, please never disappear! We would all miss you so much!

I keep reminding my children that mother's day is sunday, we have a fun tradition of breakfast in bed for me. However, this year as is turns out no one will be in town so I do not have to worry about it! I think Mother's Day could be fun all by myself!
Keep up the good work!
Salmon look how pretty you are!!! I love being able to put a face to the name

Last edited by Cadu; 05-11-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakecathy View Post
Today was day one and I tried the Herb Omlette and hated it and did not eat it but tossed in the trash. Any help it doctoring it up a bit. No veggies at breakfast. BTW I am not an egg eater so maybe I should just pass on the omlette and try something different.
I couldn't stand the Herb Omelet when I made it. But, I LOVE the Plain Omelet and eat it often...sometimes even for lunch. I'm a very picky eater so the plainer the better with me. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Hi all!

I'm coming out of lurkdom since I'm actually sitting on the computer instead of lurking on my phone. I *hate* typing on my phone!

I had my WI today...down 6 more pounds! I was astonished! That makes a total of 41.6 pounds in 2 months. I am so.so.so. thankful.

I still don't have people rushing up to me, exclaiming over the transformation. I was whining about this to my husband (I mean, doens't the world want to sit up and take notice or anything????) and he said, "You basically have to lose half a person before anyone notices." Okaaaaaay. I know all the affirmation I truly need is how good I feel and how much easier it is to move around and do what I want to do, but darn it, a few compliments here and there do seem to provide some motivation!

I know what you mean. I've lost almost 60 pounds, and there are only 3 people who know I've been doing the program. I don't want to tell others until they notice I look different and say something. I know I feel better and my clothes fit differently which is great. BUT, I am really looking forward to someone saying "Ohmygod, you look great, have you lost weight?"
Closed Thread