Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #76  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
NSV today.
Tough day at work, working with two of people who want to do the BARE MINIMUM. Thankfully most people I work with are great, but these two making it tough......
We had a team lunch today so I had to eat with everyone together in the cafeteria. Everyone got fries, chicken fingers, curly fries, onion rings, sandwhiches, burgers...... I ate a big salad with vinegar and oil, egg whites, veggies, and some tuna salad. And, I didn't eat or really even want the cake. I hate eating in a group anyway. I feel like when people see my obviously watching what I eat, they think I think I'm fat. Then, if they didn't already, they think I'm fat/weak/sloppy/unhappy. Guh.
BUT I didn't give in today! And actually writing that on this board helped with my motivations. So thanks everyone!
You are a strong woman. You made excellent choices and showed discipline. I bet people are actually impressed by your planning and determination. I know I am.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #77  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
I found fresh rhubarb at my local grocery this morning. I've never cooked it before, so I'm off now to search the forum for rhubarb recipes and how-tos!
Here's what I've collected for rhubarb recipes. This should help you with your search.
Molly

Rhubarb Jello
• 1/2 c. stevia
• 1 c. water
• A few drops red food coloring
• 4 c. rhubarb, peeled and diced
• 1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jello, dry
Boil 5 minutes. Peel and dice the rhubarb. Put in the stevia and water. Let come to a boil (I like my rhubarb cooked soft). Then add one 3 ounce package dry Jello right out of the box. Stir and let cool and set.

Rhubarb gelatin
boiled up some frozen rhubarb and let most of the water evaporate, then added some strawberries and cooked until tender, mashed it with a fork until blended. I think the correct ratio is 1 whole tbsp gelatin per two cups liquid, so try 1 cup cold rhubarb/strawberry mash to 1 tbsp gelatin, let it dissolve, then 1 cup of the warm mash, plus some sweetener. I used stevia packets. The flavor combo of rhubarb and strawberry is amazing... I'm going to try it with the WF strawberry jam

Rhubarb/Strawberry Desert
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch
Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread
You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

Rhubarb Jello

Ingredients description
100 ml of water

500 ml of rhubarb

3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)

1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello

Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Welcome back Journey

whoo hoooo congrats on the loss atho.

Good Morning Everybody!

So, my firm closed down last December and since then I have been a stay at home domestic Goddess. DH called out of work today for a mental health day, so I am gonna have to make myself look busy. I surely dont want him to see me enjoying being home instead of working. LOL

Have a wonderful day.
Your pictures are awesome! Keep up the good work, and make sure he knows how hard you work at home, lol
Old 05-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #79  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlusaf View Post
I was wondering (and I have searched a lot of threads) is anyone here supplementing with an atkins bar here and there? I am not a fan of IP bars. I basically drink the RTD Choc and Van drinks. Sometimes I have a dark Choc pudding, but I am not a fan of the other foods. I find that 1/2 an atkins bar has less carbs, & sugar than the IP bar and taste so close to a Reeces PB cup. I am the type who takes off the chocoalte on the edge of the Reeces and throws it away, I like a lot of PB and little choc. So this is just like that!! Anyways I am hoping that 1/2 a bar 1-2 times a week and maybe 2 egg whites to add protein with no fat/sugar/carbs will work for me. That would actually give me better nutrition stats than just the IP bar alone. I have done so well, but I would like to supplemant a tad because the RTD drinks are more spendy. I plan on doing it on my own when I feel like I have found a good alt plan of action. I have heard that New Lifestyles RTD shakes are exactly the same product as the IP ones just in a different package??? Anyone know for sure?? Thanks!!
I really like the lure protien bars I've tried. I bought them at Walmart. The numbers looked good and they were about a dollar each.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #80  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Here's what I've collected for rhubarb recipes. This should help you with your search.
Molly

Rhubarb Jello
• 1/2 c. stevia
• 1 c. water
• A few drops red food coloring
• 4 c. rhubarb, peeled and diced
• 1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jello, dry
Boil 5 minutes. Peel and dice the rhubarb. Put in the stevia and water. Let come to a boil (I like my rhubarb cooked soft). Then add one 3 ounce package dry Jello right out of the box. Stir and let cool and set.

Rhubarb gelatin
boiled up some frozen rhubarb and let most of the water evaporate, then added some strawberries and cooked until tender, mashed it with a fork until blended. I think the correct ratio is 1 whole tbsp gelatin per two cups liquid, so try 1 cup cold rhubarb/strawberry mash to 1 tbsp gelatin, let it dissolve, then 1 cup of the warm mash, plus some sweetener. I used stevia packets. The flavor combo of rhubarb and strawberry is amazing... I'm going to try it with the WF strawberry jam

Rhubarb/Strawberry Desert
2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies.
Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch
Rhubarb upside down cake
I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread
You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

Rhubarb Jello

Ingredients description
100 ml of water

500 ml of rhubarb

3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)

1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello

Preparation
In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

You have the best recipes!!!! Thanks for posting them.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #81  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
WI # 5 last night. Down 3.4#, for a total of 19 pounds!
yaaaay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Down another 2 lbs for the week.
Congrats on the WI, you can make that goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
So last night I got my hair done as a treat for making my goal weight.
Cassi you are beautiful.. and your hair looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good news is my liver is fine now, I am no longer borderline diabetic and the doc lowered my BP meds; so I am on the right path and this program is the right one for me!
Thats what it is all about.. being healthy on the inside.. good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Morning all.
I'm still really struggling... so much so that I didn't even post yesterday, but lurked all day. I read every maintainers thread available to see whether or not to move on to p2 - p3, stay on p1, or just give up.
Dakin I would really hate to see you give up. You are so close to goal. Hang in there, like you said one day at a time, you should be able to start phasing off pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
3rd WI last night bye bye 3.5 more lbs, for a total of 17.5 lbs.
Way to go.. you are kicking it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Down 9.2lbs...so excited for next weeks WI.
Whoo hoooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
I'm down 8 lbs. and 8 inches!!
Awesome Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Good day to everyone.

Today's confession time for me.

But - today's another day. I've had an OP breakfast, lots of water, sipping black decaf coffee, and I had a good sleep and feel much better in general this morning. So 'onwards and upwards'. .
Awww Eve Dont beat yourself up over the slip. It was just that... a slip. You have one of the best attitudes I have seen on here. Just get back on and get this done!! I am glad to see that you did not wait to get back on program. Good luck and good vibes being sent your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
WI this morning and was elated to have a 2.4 lb loss! Grand total of 59 lbs down - whoo-hoo. I have been asked to speak at the next IP open house.
Congrats on the loss and on the invite to speak at Open House. That is a huge compliment to you. way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
weigh in day ..wish me luck ha ha
Good luck Haddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Woo hoo! Down another 3#. Total of 25.5 lost in 4 weeks
Congrats!!!!!!!!

AND.... Thank you- Carolirish, Darralyn, CassiR, KitKat, Chloe, Dana, Molly, Evepet, USMCVET, Beckyjo, lisabk, Aud, UpNorthGirl, DianaB for the nice comments about my pics. The first time uploading was a little hard (embarassing) but it helps me to see the difference since I cant really see it looking in the mirror. I suggest all new people take monthly pics, it helps with the mental image. Thanks to Wuv for telling me to do it when I started.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #82  
Began IP 3-29-2012

This one is my favorite

http://www.pureprotein.net/pages/pro...spx?sku=013801
Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Default Lunch - mickey mouse chocolate 'cake' and spinach chips

For lunch today I decided to try the chocolate pancake as a muffin and for fun i used this little mickey mouse muffin pan. Silly but it made me smile during lunch..sometimes its the little things. And I tried spinach 'chips' - rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled salt and garlic powder. they were delish but I have a question - does anyone know if baking them like that removes the nutrients? Did i just negate my 2 cups by doing that? I hope the answer is no cause they were really tasty!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #84  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy folks! I took the day off to spend with my dad before his flight and now the baby is napping after we took an early walk to the park and I have some time to catch up! WI #10 tomorrow, feeling a bit bloated (impending tom) but that's the way it goes. I restarted my bodypump class (after an allergy induced break last week) and I am still sore from Tue class! It was nice having 'The Manny' here and got a lot done!

So many great updates, y'all stay OP and enjoy the rest of the day...tomorrow is Friday folks! Working for the weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Around 4pm yesterday I had my afternoon bar snack - a new one that is only 35gms and I thought might work as a 'smaller 4th packet' if I continue with my current 4 packets/day meal plan...well, my idea didn't work very well yesterday, as it was definitely a case of 'wanting more' and I caved and then between then and 10pm I ate 8 of them!!! They are smaller high protein/low carb/sugar/fat bars with 'only' 100 cals each (how's that for rationalizing...) - but still...that was 800 cals in bars alone yesterday !! As I type that, I'm sort of both laughing at myself and kicking myself. For me I know it was at least in part because I felt really tired and sort of unwell yesterday, and while I didn't want to admit it (obviously even to myself) I'm frustrated by my sloow weight loss. Yesterday's WI of 'just' -1 lb again got to me. Part of me was ok right up to 4pm, saying that it was fine that I was having slow weight loss... that I'll get there eventually, etc. The other part of me was pissed and frustrated that my loss numbers aren't better. I don't think I'd have caved if I hadn't also been feeling really tired out and lousy in general yesterday... but the combination did it.
I had a similar confession last week, but I guess I was 'lucky' that I was able to hold out the binge until I only had 2 soy puffs left (which I promptly scarfed down). I just can't have them in the house, which I am fine with - I really do enjoy the unrestricteds and the packet hacks. I had a lousy allergy, sick & tired feeling fueling me on. I guess just recognizing our triggers and removing temptation...and Jumping right back on the IP horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
You have the best recipes!!!! Thanks for posting them.
I agree, wingnut has a treasure trove of delicious!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #85  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
yaaaay

Congrats on the WI, you can make that goal.

Cassi you are beautiful.. and your hair looks great.

Thats what it is all about.. being healthy on the inside.. good for you.

Dakin I would really hate to see you give up. You are so close to goal. Hang in there, like you said one day at a time, you should be able to start phasing off pretty soon.

Way to go.. you are kicking it

Whoo hoooooo

Awesome Job

Awww Eve Dont beat yourself up over the slip. It was just that... a slip. You have one of the best attitudes I have seen on here. Just get back on and get this done!! I am glad to see that you did not wait to get back on program. Good luck and good vibes being sent your way

Congrats on the loss and on the invite to speak at Open House. That is a huge compliment to you. way to go.

Good luck Haddy

Congrats!!!!!!!!

AND.... Thank you- Carolirish, Darralyn, CassiR, KitKat, Chloe, Dana, Molly, Evepet, USMCVET, Beckyjo, lisabk, Aud, UpNorthGirl, DianaB for the nice comments about my pics. The first time uploading was a little hard (embarassing) but it helps me to see the difference since I cant really see it looking in the mirror. I suggest all new people take monthly pics, it helps with the mental image. Thanks to Wuv for telling me to do it when I started.

Dankin,
Keep fighting for it. You are worth it.

Cadu,

Wish I took photos, we did one at the clinic a few weeks ago.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

I'm happy to say I've been OP today but it's been a little hard. Got home late from a MOPS meeting and rushed through lunch with my daughter so I could get her down for a nap. It's only been 2 hours since I ate but I'm still feeling hungry, and I need to go grocery shopping before dinner! I plan to have a shake as a snack and hope that keeps the munchies away so I can make good purchasing decisions. It's amazing the things I come home with when I go shopping while hungry.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #87  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I agree, wingnut has a treasure trove of delicious!
Thanks for the compliment. When I first started on the program, I had to have variety and I like to cook, so I spent one whole weekend going through all of this forum's recipe threads to include Finn's. I spent the time to copy and paste everything remotely interesting into a Word document. I've deleted some that just didn't suit my taste buds. Then after I was into the program about a month, I repeated the process after reading and experiencing the fact your tastes change over time on IP and picked up some new ones. Now that I'm reading the forum daily, I pick out things people post sporadically. Hopefully, this is the only habit from my foodaholic days.

Having these recipes to vary my routine makes it seem like a lifestyle. I am afraid if I did the same thing daily, it would seem like just something to get by until goal and then I might go back to my old bad eating habits. Now I have things I can live with. I have a challenge with meals as my DH has never had to deal with weight gain. In fact, now that I'm cooking healthy (and he doesn't always eat with me), he's lost 10 pounds. Not good as he is 5'9, now 135# and 17% body fat. Guess, life if full of challenges.

Thanks to all on this forum for the support you provide each other in all different ways. This is a zillion times better than all support that WW meetings are supposed to provide. Plus seems like some's always here 24/7 for someone's needs.

Love you all
Molly
Old 05-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #88  

Default Week 3 on IP and first week on Phase 2 no weight loss!

I am not sure if I am posting this correctly but hopefully someone will be able to help me out.

I started IP 3 weeks ago to loose 15 lbs. I am 5'11 and started the plan weighing 155.5. Week 1 lost 6.2 lbs/149.3 Week 2 lost 5.5 lbs/ 143.8 Week 3 NADA!!!! the scale actually said 144.

It is not my TOM I have been strictly working IP with no restricted items. My coach told me to start phase 2 because I was close to my goal. My day looks like this:

Breakfast - IP mango peach or pina colada drink
Lunch - first two weeks IP soup (broccoli or mushroom) w/ broccoli or cauliflower and salad week 3 chicken on salad with 2cups cucumber and mushrooms
Snack - IP drink mango peach/ banana pineapple / pina colada had a total of 4/5 bars in first 2 weeks 3rd week no bars (raspberry chocolate caramel/peanut/ chocolate
Dinner - 8 oz meat 2 cups veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus)
salad (sometime with WF dressing other times with olive oil) 3rd week most meat was grilled instead of cooked in pan with veggies.

Drink 64 oz of h2O most days.

My coaches don't help much they don't even measure just take my weight and blood pressure.

I AM NOT a dieter and am just trying to loose the bulk around my belly, waist and inner thighs quickly as I do not have the patients for a long term program. I was so proud of how things were going and could totally see a change in my body and how I felt along with the recognition of how I thought I ate pretty well previously to a reality check of how I need to eat in the future. I am wondering if I should go back to phase 1 until i reach my goal then phase off being I do not have much to loose.

If anyone has any comments that would be great!

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #89  
Baby steps!

S/C/G: 178/178/135

Height: 5'7"

Talking Need HELP

HI! this is my first post (yea meeee!!) I just started my Ideal Protein Diet, had my first session yesterday.. So my question, I just got the sample pack that has a little bit of everything for my first week.. after that she explained to me that I will be getting 3 Boxes of IP a week.. which means in some order or another for that entire week i will be eating the same 3 things.. not fun! My friend is on it in another state and she gets to mix up her weekly order.. I would like to know if this is common enough for me to request to my mentors.. or is the way they are doing it is more the norm?? Also, WF.. can i use any of their products? or just the dressings?

Gracias fellow IP dieters!! yea us!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #90  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatCowgirl View Post
HI! this is my first post (yea meeee!!) I just started my Ideal Protein Diet, had my first session yesterday.. So my question, I just got the sample pack that has a little bit of everything for my first week.. after that she explained to me that I will be getting 3 Boxes of IP a week.. which means in some order or another for that entire week i will be eating the same 3 things.. not fun! My friend is on it in another state and she gets to mix up her weekly order.. I would like to know if this is common enough for me to request to my mentors.. or is the way they are doing it is more the norm?? Also, WF.. can i use any of their products? or just the dressings?

Gracias fellow IP dieters!! yea us!
Hi and welcome.
My coach lets me buy by the packet not the box. but some coaches make their clients buy by the box, I think it is up to the clinic. You can have any and all WF stuff as long as it has 0 cal, 0 fat & 0 sugar. good luck to you.
Closed Thread