Do you like pina colada?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I love the real ones, so I bought 2 boxes of them. Ehh -they're ok - anyone have any good recipes to use with them? I'd love to hear what you have used them with.
  • I haven't tried them but all I can do is sing the song! Do you like piņa coladas...or getting caught in the rain!
  • Quote: I love the real ones, so I bought 2 boxes of them. Ehh -they're ok - anyone have any good recipes to use with them? I'd love to hear what you have used them with.
    Yuck! That's all I can say about them. I tried making a pina colada mug cake . . . again yuck! I bought a box of them and have had them around for 5 months. I'm selling what I have left on ebay! BTW I like the real ones too! I haven't had one since going OP, but they are tasty.
  • I didn't really know what to expect and I actually thought it was great. I didn't do much with it though, I simply crushed some ice and added it and it felt like summer ;-)
  • I just blendered one with 4-5 big ice cubes and some water...turned into a thick slush that I ate with a spoon. Loved it!!! I like anything coconut so plan to buy some more for a mocktail at the cottage this summer!
  • I just added some ice to it tonight. While I was drinking it I had the idea to add WF marshmallow to it for a more creamy mix...
  • I like them, but I don't do anything to them except put them in the freezer to get really cold.
  • I went to a cooking seminar at my clinic a while back. The chef made cauliflower rice with the pina colada.
    Here is what i do.
    I steam the cauliflower until almost soft. Then add to skillet to crisp. I break it up into small pieces to look like rice. Then I mix the pina colada and water together (less water to start.) and add. It is lke a hawain rice. It is good.
    I don't mind the drink by itself but definetely not one of my favorites.
  • I love this drink, best way is to add crushed ice to it to make it icy cold and shake it up really good.
  • Eeew sorry can't stand it! And I normally like coconutty things....
  • Quote: I love the real ones, so I bought 2 boxes of them. Ehh -they're ok - anyone have any good recipes to use with them? I'd love to hear what you have used them with.
    I accidentally used Pina Colada drink mix rather than Lemon pudding to make pancakes using the recipe I found here. It was delicious! You do have to be careful not to add too much water. The pancakes are more difficult to cook with drink mix rather than pudding mix but, I loved it! However, I also like blending Pina Colada with ice, almond milk, water, and vanilla stevia.
  • I tried it today and did not like it! It kinda has a sour taste. I was wondering if I added some slpenda, if it might help. I have a whole box to use so I have to figure out what to do myself.
  • I add a bit of ice and rum extract and blend it up in the blender. It's a nice change from my usual stuff and I figure it'll be added into the rotation more as the weather gets warmer.
  • Quote: I add a bit of ice and rum extract and blend it up in the blender. It's a nice change from my usual stuff and I figure it'll be added into the rotation more as the weather gets warmer.
    The rum sounds good - I'll try that with lots of ice - It's finally heating up tomorrow here in North Jersey
    Thanks ladies
  • I just finished one. Made it and drank it nothing fancy. I think it taste good. Its kinda on the sour side I didnt taste a lot of coconut in it. Its ok. The chocolate drink is my favorite