Old 05-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #16  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I love green and red peppers, red are restricted to twice a week for me, but I'll buy a bag of the frozen peppers (like $2 at the grocery store) which is about 3 cups, stir fry it with some oil and omg spicy oils that I hve and some red pepper and make it into a snack that I can just kind of munch on mindlessly when I'm at home.
Also, unless I'm mistaken, pickles count towards your daily intake too, so if you have a pickle spear or two at lunch, that's nearly a cup. Turnips are allowed and you can slice them and turn them into 'potato' chips, fries, hashbrowns and all sorts of yumminess (kinda pricey but oh so good) Also green beans is a go-to for me once a week if I need something quick, or tomatos chopped up. Remember, if your coach says you can have the restricted veggies a few times a week, use them to break up the monotony of the diet.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I love green and red peppers, red are restricted to twice a week for me, but I'll buy a bag of the frozen peppers (like $2 at the grocery store) which is about 3 cups, stir fry it with some oil and omg spicy oils that I hve and some red pepper and make it into a snack that I can just kind of munch on mindlessly when I'm at home.
Also, unless I'm mistaken, pickles count towards your daily intake too, so if you have a pickle spear or two at lunch, that's nearly a cup. Turnips are allowed and you can slice them and turn them into 'potato' chips, fries, hashbrowns and all sorts of yumminess (kinda pricey but oh so good) Also green beans is a go-to for me once a week if I need something quick, or tomatos chopped up. Remember, if your coach says you can have the restricted veggies a few times a week, use them to break up the monotony of the diet.
I love red peppers and find myself eating a number of them through the week. Is your restriction something pretty specific to you or is it a more general idea that I should be paying attention to?

I think I'm getting the wrong kind of pickles if two will make a cup for you! I find that I have to eat around 6 to make a cup. Maybe I'm measuring wrong? I buy the dill whole pickles. I do have a hard time measuring some foods, though. Like with the peppers. I normally end up saying that 1 pepper = 1 cup because I'm not sure how to best chop them to determine serving size. I'm probably being to legalistic, though!
takers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 277/172/177

Height: 5'8"

I have been eating the omelet for lunch and adding green onions, mushrooms and zucchini (and a little evoo and sea salt)...I've really been enjoying it. I've also put broccoli, spinach, pretty much any veggie in, depending on what I have/what I'm in the mood for that day. I cook the veggies in the pan first and then just pour in the omelet. Have a good one!
Beachbum6 is offline   Reply With Quote