Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Love this thread! You all inspire me; I have been on IP since 4/11/12 and have remained 100% OP. Reading here has helped me achieve this; I am too scared to cheat (afraid of not getting back on program) and I am just tired of feeling crappy about myself!
Thanks for all the encouragement here. You people change lives!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning,

After one day of boot camp...no changes at all, still up 2lbs, what gives? Its really upsetting me as i feel this week is such a waste but it is what it is and it WILL go back down (it has to right!!).

Good luck on all the WI today and congrats to all the WI and NSV!
Hang in there, it will come off. It's probably just that you are so close to goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Good morning everyone, I am back after a year away, tried alternitives but was not as good for me. Tomorrow night I start back with my weigh in, and I must say I can't wait. I loved how I felt losing the weight, and with their vitamins I never felt tired or weak.

Now I need another year to catch up and read all the latest gossips lol.

Any new and great changes since the last year?
Welcome back. Some great new foods to try, enjoy!

I'm back from WI and down 2 pounds and 2 inches, and that puts me in the 170's, but boy was this a hard week. First there was phase 3 with no loss, then boot camp with a 2 pound loss, and then no restrictieds with no loss. Not doing that again, way too stressful. I just really think my issue is that my body thinks this is now my new norm for calories and so I have to fight for every pound I loose. I'm actually really looking forward to my week's vacation when I phase off to give my body a rest. Maybe that will jump start it again when I go back to phase 1 once I'm back.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm off for some major laundry and house cleaning as I'm having a lot of out of town family coming in this weekend. The good thing is they haven't seen me since I've lost another 20 pounds.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
After one day of boot camp...no changes at all, still up 2lbs, what gives? Its really upsetting me as i feel this week is such a waste but it is what it is and it WILL go back down (it has to right!!).
Busymom - This week wasn't a waste - it was your body's way of taking a big deep breath before your final tumbling pass off the P1 balance beam - executing a perfect dismount before you stick the landing at your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I'm back from WI and down 2 pounds and 2 inches, and that puts me in the 170's, but boy was this a hard week.
Dana - Good for you! Yea for the 170's!!!! I am sure your guests will be amazed by the changes in you. Don't work up too much of a sweat cleaning or you will need another packet!

Whether it was my experiment with restricteds or just time for a drop, I was down 3.6 pounds for the week. I missed my routine and pudding shakes so I am back on regular old P1. I am still trying to decide if I will try limiting restricteds for a few weeks - maybe have a couple during the week and any day we are on the road (we will be in New Hampshire this weekend). I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow I will have a different plan.

Let's keep plugging along!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #19  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

WEll Hello all... I havent been ablt to check in with you all because i havent really been at a computer station to write... and most of the time I check all the reading on my phone...

My weight seems to still going down slowly... I tend to weigh myself every day at work. since I work in Dr. Office!!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Whether it was my experiment with restricteds or just time for a drop, I was down 3.6 pounds for the week. I missed my routine and pudding shakes so I am back on regular old P1. I am still trying to decide if I will try limiting restricteds for a few weeks - maybe have a couple during the week and any day we are on the road (we will be in New Hampshire this weekend). I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow I will have a different plan.

Whatever makes the scale go down is a good thing. WTG on your loss this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
WEll Hello all... I havent been ablt to check in with you all because i havent really been at a computer station to write... and most of the time I check all the reading on my phone...

My weight seems to still going down slowly... I tend to weigh myself every day at work. since I work in Dr. Office!!
You are getting there. Hang in there!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #21  

Could someone please clear up my confusion about the alternative plan for diabetics - is it for those with Type 1 or Type 2 or both? TIA
Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Happy to say that I am back on program! For the past 6 weeks life has been crazy. We've been out of town almost 3 of these weeks and I've been sick 2 of them. For the foreseeable future I'm in town and healthy! I am also happy to report that I'm only up 1.4 pounds from my lowest weigh in. Considering there were days when I went back to my junk food habit, I'm happy that I'm not too far away from where I was.

I'm itching to get pregnant again, but my husband and I have agreed that I really need to get to my pre-pregnancy weight from our daughter before we start trying again. I really, really want to start in July so this gives me two or so months to lose 20 pounds. I KNOW I can do it!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/160

Height: 5 7"

Good Morning Ladies,
This is week 1 of 100% back on plan. I was 100% for 8 weeks, felt great didn't phase off. Started again last Tuesday and determined to do the full 4 phases. I am glad I started back with only a 5 pound increase so I didn't need to lose all my weight again. This is the first time that my DH has been fully 100% supportive and is even calling me at work to ask what I can have on my chicken, and not being offended when I do not eat what he cooks . Looking forward to reaching goal.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=ptod;4327269]Busymom - This week wasn't a waste - it was your body's way of taking a big deep breath before your final tumbling pass off the P1 balance beam - executing a perfect dismount before you stick the landing at your goal.

Whether it was my experiment with restricteds or just time for a drop, I was down 3.6 pounds for the week. I missed my routine and pudding shakes so I am back on regular old P1. I am still trying to decide if I will try limiting restricteds for a few weeks - maybe have a couple during the week and any day we are on the road (we will be in New Hampshire this weekend). I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow I will have a different plan. QUOTE]

Aww thanks but now i feel ever worse, lol. Seems like everyone's having a good experience with restricted but me and now i can't even lose anything on bootcamp! I know i need to relax and just trust that it WILL go back down...even if its not this week.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #25  

Quote:
Aww thanks but now i feel ever worse, lol. Seems like everyone's having a good experience with restricted but me and now i can't even lose anything on bootcamp! I know i need to relax and just trust that it WILL go back down...even if its not this week.
Awww...I didn't mean to make you feel worse! I thought reframing what was happening might help you get through the week.

I understand being frustrated as I was up 2 out of my last 4 official WIs. Have you tried P1 but increasing your regular protein? I honestly think my eating 3-4 oz of real protein at lunch plus a 8ish oz protein at dinner for 5 of the last 7 days had more of an effect than eating all those restricteds. Even after all the restricted, I never could do bootcamp - I was just too hungry so I went right back to P1 but no restricted (I ate them all ).

another one for you!

Last edited by ptod; 05-09-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Awww...I didn't mean to make you feel worse! I thought reframing what was happening might help you get through the week.

I understand being frustrated as I was up 2 out of my last 4 official WIs. Have you tried P1 but increasing your regular protein? I honestly think my eating 3-4 oz of real protein at lunch plus a 8ish oz protein at dinner for 5 of the last 7 days had more of an effect than eating all those restricteds. Even after all the restricted, I never could do bootcamp - I was just too hungry so I went right back to P1 but no restricted (I ate them all ).

another one for you!
LOL its ok, i know you meant well, just feeling sorry for myself

Btw, CONGRATS on your 100lbs

Last edited by Busymomx4; 05-09-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #27  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

[QUOTE=Busymomx4;4327400]
Quote:
Busymom - This week wasn't a waste - it was your body's way of taking a big deep breath before your final tumbling pass off the P1 balance beam - executing a perfect dismount before you stick the landing at your goal.

Whether it was my experiment with restricteds or just time for a drop, I was down 3.6 pounds for the week. I missed my routine and pudding shakes so I am back on regular old P1. I am still trying to decide if I will try limiting restricteds for a few weeks - maybe have a couple during the week and any day we are on the road (we will be in New Hampshire this weekend). I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow I will have a different plan. QUOTE]

When I did my restricted experiment i used atkins products, I figured if I was going to schock my system I was really gonna do a number on it... They are wayy higher in calories and higher in fiber which definetely made me feel bloated... and gassy... but DAMN they tasted soooooo nummy!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #28  

Quote:
Btw, CONGRATS on your 100lbs
Thanks - I've been waiting weeks for that number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
When I did my restricted experiment i used atkins products, I figured if I was going to schock my system I was really gonna do a number on it... They are wayy higher in calories and higher in fiber which definetely made me feel bloated... and gassy... but DAMN they tasted soooooo nummy!
Oh man - quite a while back DH had to switch up his diet and his doc suggested Atkins bars - there ended up being a few that DH didn't care for. We had to freeze some for safety purposes because they tasted like candy bars and made it hard to stop at one! Your chi must be very strong!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #29  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Hi evepet...I wasn't told specifically by my clinic that I would go down to 3 packets/day, but they did say that 4 is okay for anyone over 200 lbs...I still have a ways to go before I find out what they recommend for me but I would imagine that you would probably be on 3 now being under 200 (can anyone with more experience weigh in on this?) I plan to eventually start exercising and only use a fourth packet then.

Yeah 100%!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
My coach started me at 3 packets/day at my starting weight (268). If I was really hungry the first week or two I could have another but I never needed it, especially with the unlimited lettuce.
The eating habits section of the Health Profile that a person fills out in the very beginning may have something to do with how they figure out whether or not they feel you need a 4th packet or not as well. Just my opinion. I was never a snacker. Portion control was a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Three packets a day for me too. Like you my coach told me to have four if I needed to during the 1st two weeks. I didn't need to. I started @ 260.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I started IP at 265 and 3 packets a day. My coach also told me I could have 1 extra if I needed it the first couple of weeks. I never did, but I sure came close a few times during those early days. Now the only time I have an extra packet is on my workout days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I started out at 388lbs and have ONLY had 3 packets from the start. I was also told I could have up to 4 packets a day but I made myself only use the 3 so that I could get used of it. I wasn't much of an eater before starting the program. I eat more now than I did before I started this, so 3 packets were plenty for me.

Good luck to all that weigh in today.....I am off to mine now!!
Thanks to each of you who responded about my 4/packs vs. 3/packs question. As I think about it, I do recall having a discussion with my coach during my initial interview about my past daily eating habits - when I ate, typically what I ate through the day and how it was spread out, etc.. I have for quite some time had a snack around 3-3:30pm, generally 1 or 2 'healthy' granola bars with a cup or two of tea... I might as well be honest and admit that I rarely could stop with just 1. I recall now the coach discussing my eating patterns with me during my intake session. That may well be why she put me on this 4 pack/day program which includes a snack at 3pm packet. I recall too that I specifically didn't get any bars during my first week on 'official' IP products, as I was worried I wouldn't be able to stop at just one/day. I have decided to stay with 4/day this week, and see what happens at my next WI next Wedn. I will definitely monitor my fat intake more closely, and ditch the Atkins RTD... too much fat in that to be a good alternate substitute for IP. While my weight loss is slow, I am comfortable and satisfied, and I kinda hate to change things up to something that might make me tired and feeling like I'm craving something or deprived. We'll see. This is not going to happen overnight, so I have time to experiment.

But thanks again all of you - I really appreciate your help.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #30  

Quote:

It looks like you are being very quiet about your big news here... You have lost over a 100 pounds now! That is fantastic.
Closed Thread