Old 05-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #1  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Thumbs down I ate a cookie

Well, I chewed a HUGE bite. And then I spit it out. I don't know whether to be ashamed of eating it, proud that I didn't fully go through with it, or ashamed that I had to spit it out.

I am confused. Just reaching out for some support.

staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

LOL, no more cookies! Dwelling on it will only keep you back there and it's not a positive place to hang. What's done is done, lesson learned, move it along with good for you/loving you choices....

I get it tho. I went a bit overboard with some nuts the other day.
2Poles1Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #3  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
Well, I chewed a HUGE bite. And then I spit it out. I don't know whether to be ashamed of eating it, proud that I didn't fully go through with it, or ashamed that I had to spit it out.

I say be proud for spitting it out! Remember that each time you test those pesky tempations - and win - it strengthens that 'muscle'. Each time you don't succumb, it gets that much easier the next time you think about maybe slipping again... you go back in your mind and pat yourself on the back for your previous ability to stay focused and not stray off plan, and the memory of those individual successes build up making your resolve to stay on protocol 100% more and more solid. Keep the end goal in mind. Stay strong. You can do it!
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #4  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Bad, bad cookie.

Now IP does have a cookie. Might I suggest that for the next time this hits or perhaps a restricted? You always have options. You chose well this time.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Your will power to spit it out is good! Get some restricted items. I once splurged and had more than one restricted in a day and it was so tasty and didn't ruin my diet at all!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #6  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Bad, bad cookie.

Now IP does have a cookie. Might I suggest that for the next time this hits or perhaps a restricted? You always have options. You chose well this time.

YES!! And it's yummy too!!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #7  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

You did well to stop yourself. I almost ate some French fries tonight while cleaning up the kids dinner plates. I fed them to the dog!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #8  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

When I first stared IP I was making mashed potatoes for the family and put a spoonful of them in my mouth out of habit. I did what you did and immediately spit the whole thing out! My husband thought I was crazy, but lesson learned for me. Ever since, I've asked him to taste the food I cook for him and the kids.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #9  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Thank you everyone for your support! I feel like much less of a fool now. And I will make sure to keep more restricteds on hand for times like these.

I have been trying to cut back on my restricteds because I AM SO CLOSE to my goal- but I think it's too much. I would rather be in control, and on plan, than too strict w myself and DESPERATE for the taste of a cookie.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your support! I feel like much less of a fool now. And I will make sure to keep more restricteds on hand for times like these.

I have been trying to cut back on my restricteds because I AM SO CLOSE to my goal- but I think it's too much. I would rather be in control, and on plan, than too strict w myself and DESPERATE for the taste of a cookie.
I agree with you. Sometimes the restricteds keep me sane
Lettuce wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

If it makes you feel anybetter I have done the same thing. More than once. In the end you stuck to your plan and that is what matters. And really if you can have the cookie physically in your mouth and still be strong enough to not eat that cookie (and in my case every other cookie in the house) than you should be proud of your will power
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

You know what? it's history Done. Over with.
I would try to just let it go. It's not like you triggered World War III or got Joshua thrown off American Idol.

Last edited by YankeeLady57; 05-08-2012 at 08:30 AM.
YankeeLady57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #13  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I ate a cookie this morning myself. but it was an IP cookie. Very good along with hot cup of green tea.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

I ate a pastry...well, a few pastries.....

I was all doped up on valium from the dentist last Thursday - came home and in pain...and immediately cheated. I ate some cinnamon twists, which are low cal and low fat, but HIGH CARB. I probably ate about 250 calories worth!
I recoverd though. Once I felt better, I worked out. Walked a mile on Friday, 6 miles on Saturday, and 2 miles on Sunday. Didn't have anything restricted the rest of the week. My weigh in was -4 pounds! I think in reality it was only -2 since the previous weigh in was my TOM...but still. I haven't been 100% OP (I use feta cheese and some soy cheeses) but in 5 weeks this was my one real slip up. Rather than focusing on the mistake, I'm trying to think about how amazing it is that my eating has been so healthy for FIVE weeks.
This can be hard, especially when I talk to family/friends who are trying to be supportive but aren't quite cutting it. Sometimes they don't mean to, but they sort of undermine me saying things like, "I don't know how you do it. It's so hard. I could never be so restricted like that.". I'm learning how to be a better supporter of others in their endeavors. Unexpected benefit of IP!
Stay strong!!!!!!!!!!!
Manda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

When I was close to goal I also cut back on my restricted and it drove me nuts! I mentioned this to my coach and she said just keep them because they'll keep you from grabbing for something to curb your craving.

Food for thought though...now that I don't have my tasty IP double chocolate bars I'm struggling with chocolate candy cravings which I'm working to extinguish! I've been in maintenance for just about three weeks and miss having chocolate three times a day...

Be well and keep going!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote