Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #31  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All! I woke this morning and decided to try the "cereal pancakes" for the first time. What a wonderful way to start off a Saturday morning. They were delicious! I wish everyone success with their WIs this morning. Have a great weekend!
Volly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good morning everyone. I have an nsv to share. I wore pants with my shirt tucked in yesterday I haven't done that in years. I was so excited!!!

I will be flying back to Alaska today. Time to go home Hope everyone has a great day.
Oh my Mooselover, that IS awesome. I can just imagine how awesome that felt! I cannot even imagine a "skinny" pair of jeans with a shirt tucked in!!!!!
I am going to imagine it, it WILL happen! YESSSS!
Congrats!!!!!!!
NewPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Hey all,
I had WI #13 today and expected no loss. Mainly because i've had constipation issues since last Saturday being on phase 2. Anyways I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I planned on going to phase 3 anyways today but it made that big breakfast even more enjoyable! Also, going to start my first workout later. My coach told me to exercise my butt off.

I think I may get my hair done this weekend as a treat
Way to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #34  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
As for me, I'm 30 today! And I have WI #5 where I'm really hoping to reach 20 lbs lost. I had a little pity party last night because I really wanted to walk with my DH to a restaurant we love and sit outside and have a glass of wine and I felt so deprived that I couldn't do it...even when trying to change old habits I guess a birthday is such a decadent time (a birthday cake of your choosing, etc) it's a little hard, for me at least, to not be able to have those things...
However I know this is what I have to learn in order to make sure that I never go back to my old ways of eating...my birthday shouldn't be about food and I shouldn't start a new decade eating in my old ways. So, I'm proudly 30 and 100% OP.
Have a great day everyone!
Just think by your 31st birthday you will be thin and healthy and that can be a free day to enjoy whatever food and drink you want. I started out at just about your weight, and I can tell you loosing all of this weight so far is much better then just one night of cheating. Hang in there, you are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post
Last night I got wonderful news. My oldest son (soon to be 21) is making me a Grandma! I am very excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good morning everyone! It sounds like a good start to the weekend for all.
I have a challenge tonight; a cinco de mayo party to attend. I am going with my old boyfriend (that sounds funny calling a 62 year old man "boy") to a party at the home of mutual friends. I told him that due to this diet I will not eat or drink and not to try to encourage me. We are very good friends so I am sure he will understand. I will have my dinner before I go and we won't stay more than an hour or two; so I am sure it will work out fine. I don't want to do anything to upset this progress and I am determined to stay 100% OP!
I wish you all wonderful success this weekend and the courage to stay OP!
Love you all!
Have fun tonight, and just enjoy the friends and company rather than the food. I've been to enough parties and social events since starting IP to now know that talking to people can actually be enjoyable without having to eat the food too. It's actually very empowering to get through a social event 100% OP.

Quote:
Hey all,
I had WI #13 today and expected no loss. Mainly because i've had constipation issues since last Saturday being on phase 2. Anyways I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I planned on going to phase 3 anyways today but it made that big breakfast even more enjoyable! Also, going to start my first workout later. My coach told me to exercise my butt off.

That's fabulous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Hoping everyone has a great weekend. I "restart" IP tomorrow morning and I was able to get two of my sisters-in-law to start the program as well! We have a friendly competition starting over our results.
I started IP with my daughter, who is now done, and my close friend started a couple of months after me when she saw how good I was doing. It's fun doing this with others. Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbirr View Post
One other question (I am full of them today)...I have lost 17 lbs so far but haven't really lost any notable inches of my thighs. My waist and thorax (sp????) are down several inches but my thighs won't budge. Does anyone have any exercise tips that might help?
You can't spot reduce, but for me walking and strength training really move the inches.

Almost forgot, Carol I hope the shower is lots of fun tomorrow. Enjoy!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #35  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

What an incredible diet. Today is day 27 and I am down 21 pounds. What other diet has that kind of results? I had my weigh in yesterday and I lost 6 inches. Someone asked about not losing in the thighs. I have 0 inches lost below the hips. That's all upper body. But who can complain about a 2.5" lost in their waist. Wow!

Loving in this diet. Someone even complimented my skin this week! Hmm...

And I added my ticker!!
sunshinered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Happy birthday! Good job for not giving in to temptation.

Congratulations!

Good morning everyone! I'm off to my first weigh in soon. I have noticed that my jeans that were tight on me last week, while still a little tight in the stomach, has a little more room in the hips/butt area. And when I went to wrap my towel around me after my shower earlier, I was able to wrap it tighter! Ah, the little things in life. Off to my WI. I'll check back in later. Have a great day everyone!
It truly is the little NSVs that make us smile. When I used to go to the pool before IP I would wrap in a towel to walk to my locker. If I was really careful it would not show anything, but I always kept the slit side to the wall. Now the same size towel wraps easily. Your post reminded me that there is no longer a need to scuttle along the wall clutching the slit in the towel. Yay.

And happy birthday LSJ.

Has anyone seen rissimo??
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone! Does someone have a tasty recipe for Pad Thai that they could share. I found some recipes but I wasn't sure if they were IP friendly for p1. Thanks!!!
skinnybride2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/160

Height: 5 7"

Well today is day 5 100% OP after a four month break! To my surprise I only gained 5 pounds, I'm so happy to restart before I gained all my weight back! I am finding this time so much easier than the first. I didn't phase off the first time, so I'm looking forward to doing this 100% this time, I know I can do a life long maintaince. My coach is fantastic, so the journey continues. Have a great weekend everyone.
hockeymom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
OK; I am just trying to get my ticker to work; let's try this time.
Lovely ticker. Have fun at the cinco de mayo party. My best friends DH is having a retirement party today. Excited to visit with folks and celebrate his career. Sombreros are for wearing, not drinking!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Good morning everyone. I have an nsv to share. I wore pants with my shirt tucked in yesterday I haven't done that in years. I was so excited!!!

I will be flying back to Alaska today. Time to go home Hope everyone has a great day.
Hope Casper is not fogged in. We are in the NW.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #41  

Default My Ticker!

Please Ticker Fairy....I WANT MY TICKER!!!!
It has been exactly 20 days....to the minute!
Today is Saturday, normally I would be plannin what kind of grinder to get for my kids and I.....instead I am thinking ticker!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #42  

Quote:
Hey all,

Wahoo on the goal. Yay, cassi!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #43  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Saturday everyone! Well it's unofficial till WI on Wednesday, but I finally hit the 170's this morning. I thought I would have been there a couple of weeks ago, but the scale decided to stall for those two weeks. Thanks to some tweaking with my foods it finally moved. Now to work on the next 10 pounds.

It's going to be another warm humid day in Austin at 93 degrees. Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that it's early May here, and not summer yet. We were going to go to a big art festival today, but truthfully crowds in that type of weather doesn't sound that appealing, so I think we will forget it this year. I did have fun yesterday buying a couple pair of capri pants. Everything I own that was new just two months ago is now too big, so it was time to shop again. I went down another size and the pants I bought were a pinch tight, but I have now learned from experience to buy them tight, because in a couple of more weeks they won't be. They were both 40% off which is perfect because they won't be in my closet for very long. I've learned not to get too attached to anything I buy these days because they have a short life in my closet.

Well off to clean up around here and then to the gym. Have a great day everyone.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! Well it's unofficial till WI on Wednesday, but I finally hit the 170's this morning. I thought I would have been there a couple of weeks ago, but the scale decided to stall for those two weeks. Thanks to some tweaking with my foods it finally moved. Now to work on the next 10 pounds.

It's going to be another warm humid day in Austin at 93 degrees. Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that it's early May here, and not summer yet. We were going to go to a big art festival today, but truthfully crowds in that type of weather doesn't sound that appealing, so I think we will forget it this year. I did have fun yesterday buying a couple pair of capri pants. Everything I own that was new just two months ago is now too big, so it was time to shop again. I went down another size and the pants I bought were a pinch tight, but I have now learned from experience to buy them tight, because in a couple of more weeks they won't be. They were both 40% off which is perfect because they won't be in my closet for very long. I've learned not to get too attached to anything I buy these days because they have a short life in my closet.

Well off to clean up around here and then to the gym. Have a great day everyone.
Shopping for clothes is now fun. But I am not to goal yet so am buying cheap stuff at bargain basements and Walmart. Totally changed my style of dressing. Not brave enough to wear above the knee skirts without leggings but I found some cute ones that I wear with leggings and it is so fun. People don't recognize me and when they do they say I look loads younger. Found cute part linen shorts yesterday at Walmart and they fit in a 14 regular. Yay.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Thank you for all the congrats! Now the hard part comes.. maintaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyqxxxx View Post
Cassi, thanks for the reminder of the fiber intake, ...did you lose on phase 2, how long were you on phase2 for?
Susy, I was only on phase 2 for only one week. I lost 1.8lbs this week AND had really bad constipation issues... so it may really be more but I still feel bloated from not having any BMs this week. Sorry, TMI!
I actually found the extra meat satisfying for lunch! It was a pain making it ahead of time though... compared to just whipping out my mango RTD for lunch. I did start using 2 Boca Burgers (All American Classic with non-GMO Soy) for lunch just because they have a lot of fiber and the fiber actually cancels out how many carbs are in them. 2 patties is 30g of protein. They are easy to just pop into the microwave at work and be on my way.
Don't worry, you'll do great!! You've done so well up to now and you will continue to be successful!
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote