Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #121  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Yayyy. Isn't it weird when you see/feel bones and it's a good thing.
I am seeking some alternative bar/snack suggestions. I just don't feel like spending IP bucks but I am not needing exact alternatives to IP. I just want to have some cheaper snack options around, just in case the urge hits. In the past I saw some Atkins ideas. So, please let me know what works for you. And what tastes good. The basic idea is lo carb, low fat, low or no sugar, high protein.
thx
Purple-
Wonderslim from dietdirect has some snack bar options, same with Bariwise, directdirect.com sells the stuff. I have Atkins brownie things in my desk for treats...they are...19g carb (3net carbs after 10g fiber,7g sugar alcohols), 9g fat, 170 cal, 1g sugar, 7g sugar alcohol (glycerin). I've snacked on one as my third "protein" item of the day if need be, looks like twice in the last 10 days or so, and still losing...they are a bit cheaper than IP.

Tonight I'll jump online and compare product to product, see what's closest and post it up tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Regarding the big C problem. If all else fails I have use the capsule form of Cascara Sargrada. It's an herbal laxative, it is my understanding that it triggers contractions of the colon. It can be found it Walmart, Fred Meyer, Krogur, Healthfood stores, etc. so it's not hard to find and not expensive. I use it as my last option as it is not something I would use on a regular basis, it has been said that it could throw electrolytes off. I drink plenty of water and have not had any problems. This has been my experience. Please read warning labels for yourself. I am by no means a doctor or health professional, take time to research if it is right for you.

Last edited by Lace and Levis; 05-03-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #123  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
So...I realized today I'm not really "on" IP, since I'm using Atkins shakes and Wonderslim shake/pudding mixes, bars and soup stuff, but I'm still losing. I'm doing it this way to save money since I can't afford $75/week in just my breakfast/lunch/snack food PLUS the cost of dinner (being on a tight budget sucks, but my health is worth it)...her'es my question, my Atkins shake in the morning has 160 cal, 9g fat, 5g carb and 15g protein...I think it's higher fat than the IP stuff, is this going to severely hinder me do you think? It doesn't help I like the taste of Atkins more, and its cheaper...
I'm on all IP food except for the RTDs. I buy the EAS brand (most markets and Target sells them). They are a better match to IP than the Atkins drinks. They aren't as rich as the IP RTS, but still taste good and they are also a lot cheaper.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

I expected a bigger loss this week. Down 1 pound. It seems like my body is having a hard time getting me below the 220s. ;-(
Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Your body is shifting. I felt that way one week and I lost weight! The scale at my center and home is different so it is hard for me to really gauge a change.

btw I wear the same clothes for weigh in so I can consistently see how much weight I have lost. crazy but true
I have often contemplated this. Never do I go in jeans. Lol it's the little things
Old 05-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #126  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
It will but be careful with it if you are sensitive. I was in the bathroom too long/repeatedly and with too much discomfort but it did make me go. It just worked a bit too well for me.
I think some of that effect can depend on how long you steep the tea. I've used Smooth Move in the past, but didn't steep it for as long as recommended on the instructions. Probably only about 1/2 the time. Still worked fine, without working 'too well'.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
I have often contemplated this. Never do I go in jeans. Lol it's the little things
I also wear the same thing every week, yoga pants and a t-shirt.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaB50NFabulous View Post
I expected a bigger loss this week. Down 1 pound. It seems like my body is having a hard time getting me below the 220s. ;-(
That's a pound more than I lost this week. I find whenever I'm about to go down to the next decade it seems to take forever. I was hoping to be in the 170's a couple of weeks ago, but instead my weight decided to stall. The same thing happened when I was trying to break down the door getting into onederland, that also took a couple of extra weeks.

Hang in there, a loss is still a loss, and we will all get there eventually.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #129  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Purple-
Wonderslim from dietdirect has some snack bar options, same with Bariwise, directdirect.com sells the stuff. I have Atkins brownie things in my desk for treats...they are...19g carb (3net carbs after 10g fiber,7g sugar alcohols), 9g fat, 170 cal, 1g sugar, 7g sugar alcohol (glycerin). I've snacked on one as my third "protein" item of the day if need be, looks like twice in the last 10 days or so, and still losing...they are a bit cheaper than IP.

Tonight I'll jump online and compare product to product, see what's closest and post it up tomorrow.
Perfect. Thank you. I will drop by Walmart or someplace and pick up some. They will travel well. That is what I am looking for. Things with coatings will become a sticky mess if it is warm outside.

IPers are great for tastes tests. While we all have different tastes,
the last thing I wanted was to take something nasty with me. Sometimes these types of things are bleh. I am stuck with some soups that I don't know what to do with. Bleh.

For the future I will look up those other ones but right now I wanna grab something quick at Walmart or Target or some place. Thanx much.

Oh BTW, does it say Endulge on the package? Looking them up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I think some of that effect can depend on how long you steep the tea. I've used Smooth Move in the past, but didn't steep it for as long as recommended on the instructions. Probably only about 1/2 the time. Still worked fine, without working 'too well'.
I will try that next time. I have done well with Slippery Elm capsules. And I ain't gonna lie, P3 provides additional assistance. But, those capsules don't quite have the power of that tea.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

I just tried a Tortilla Wrap using the IP Potato Puree. It was DELICIOUS!!

INGREDIENTS:
1 package IP Potatoes
75 ml water
1 tsp olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat a pan on the stove with a bit of olive oil
2. Mix the IP Potatoes and water until blended.
3. Spoon onto pan and spread thin into a round shape like a tortilla

If it is not spreading, its too thick. Immediately take from pan and add a bit more water. It will be ok thick, but you want to make a big enough tortilla to be able to wrap around your other ingredients. Too thick=too small and heavy to properly work like a tortilla. But should also not be too thin to fall apart. So 75 ml is a very good level, but not above 100 ml.

4. Cook until set, then flip.

Fill with your choice of ingredients.

Recipe from Ideal Protein - Lohja, Finland on Facebook.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 263/213.5/150

Height: 5' 5"

I just have to say kudos to those of you following OP with the IP products. I thought I would check out the link previously posted for buying IP online and compare to my alternatives. Wowser! I pay a third the cost! Was going to try some, but maybe later. I am averaging 3.5 # per week, so just going to be content with that.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Like 5 FB friends posted a picture of food as their update! They looked yummy, but not as yummy as thin feels! Looking forward to my radishes and lemon pudding in about an hour and a half.

Off to groom a schnauzer. Yipee...hope I don't get bit, Hiedi doesn't like groom day.
Trip mama thank you for the encouragement. I always love your comments. This is a great place to share and identify. Nancy
Old 05-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
buyproteinfood.com
Thank you
Old 05-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I lost on Atkins too, but nothing like I have on IP, plus I've found it so much easier to stay on IP for whatever reason.

I just saw my collar bones for the first time in years so I can relate.

Some awesome WIs today. Great job everyone!
I remember my collar bones...I'm excited to rediscover them!!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone! glad to hear everyone is loosing this week! I'm going to try and hide my scale until Monday since I am horrible at wanting to weigh myself everyday!

Wasn't hungry at all today.... maybe because it was a stressful/busy day. Hope everyone is doing well!
Closed Thread