Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Well I am proud to say i survived day 1 OP 100%. Was not sure if I could do it but I did. Yeah!!! One day closer to WI #1.

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Keep up the great work!
HI Karen,
I, too, am just starting out, and the idea of months and months of eating like this is overwhelming. Just like AA, i keep chanting, "just one day at a time." I am trying REALLY hard to not look too far ahead.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I hope this turns out to be a minor thing! Gad you are going in to find out what is going on.

I got on the scale today and....150's!! 158.4 so happy to hit this. I know every loss is important, but this seems a big psychological point to me.
Wow, Samba, 158!!!!! Your stats are close to mine, so I follow your progress closely. 158 is a REALLY big deal. I would be soooo proud to be there. Congrats!! (And don't let me down-- you're one of my role models.)
Old 05-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

evepet, thanks for the response on my braces conundrum. As I just posted, eggs aren't an option for me other than egg whites. The beef broth might be viable, though, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea! I've been over-steaming and mincing veggies for all my meals this week and am comfortable I'll be able to get them in (maybe not the lettuce), just that 5-8 oz dinner protein that really worries me! I'm glad this is happening at the end of Phase 1, but hope I don't inadvertently mess things up too bad. At least I should still be in ketosis.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
Thanks so much for the response, rvingprincess. Unfortunately, I am allergic to eggs (egg yolks seem to be the problem, egg whites seem to be OK), so I don't know that this solution will work for me. i really appreciate the words of support as I am very scared about the pain.
You can do a liquid egg white omelet, or even add the liquid egg whites to your IP omelet if you have one. Aim for around 30-40g of protein. My coach said a packet or two is fine to sub the evening meat. Good Luck!

Last edited by CassiR; 05-03-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #50  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I'm back, because I forgot to ask these earlier this morning (had my coffee, so now I am thinking more clearly.). First, the only WF barbecue sauce I have seen in my stores is the regular. Everyone seems to prefer the Thick and Spicy. Are any of you finding Thick and Spicy on the shelf? Or are you having to order it online?

Second, I bought Splenda sweetened bread and butter pickles yesterday, made by Mt. Olive. For you pickle eaters, are you counting these towards your 4 cups of veggies?

Thanks in advance!
I find my Thick and spicey and also the Honey flavored on the shelves at Rouse's, I don't know if y'all have one there. As far as the bread and butter pickles, I don't count them because I only have a few if I want to nibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer73 View Post
Good morning ladies! This is my first post here and I'm really excited I found this site. I just had my 5th weigh in yesterday and the scale didn't move one bit

I lost about an inch (which is good ) but I'm a little down in the dumps. Is it normal to go a week without any loss? My weight loss has been as follows:

w1= -7
w2= -3.1
w3= -3.2
w4= -4.1
w5= -0

There was absolutely no cheating either.... I'm bumming a little but I'm not discouraged ---- yet.
Body is adjusting don't be bummed, you will have a loss next week.

USMC...I remember when I went to the Dr and his scale wouldn't go over 350 so they wouldn't even bother weighing me. Now I ask to get on it if I am going in for something....lol...funny how those little things can change a person ...congrats on the victory!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #51  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Congratulations to all the losers today and may the whoosh fairy visit those who go to the scales later today

I am in a better place today and want to thank those who supported me. The person who said it was a stress reaction was spot on and I think I was protein deprived as I ended up taking a 4th packet and felt wayyyyy better. I was proud that I stayed 100% OP despite the temptation when I baked cupcakes for DD's class for her birthday.

I went to the supermarket yesterday to get fruit for the family totally forgetting that we have food co op pickup today. So the kids & hubby will be eating lots of apples (and juiced apples) and tons of veggies that are restricted for me while I have the benefit of the kale & turnips

While in the supermarket I saw a product called XYLA made from xylitol. I know Stevia is used sometimes when making mugcakes and wondered if this is a good substitute-

What I have also learned is I am not a good cook when making IP crepes, pancakes to turn into wraps kinda things so will just give it up, trade in the soup mixes for drinks & herb cheese omelettes and stick to mug cakes

Have a fantastic IP day
Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hang in there Prettyone. Remember those bad moods mean things are working!
Thanks evepet for the encouragement I surely need it right now. I just feel like I havent lost anything this time.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #53  
started IP 3/30/12

Oops forgot to mention I got m WF shipment yesterday I can now finally try the BBQ sauces!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #54  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy folks, at the Dr. Waiting to get bloodwork/monthly IP checkup. This week has sucked - my allergies are kicking in, barely slept with the hacking, hubby has been out of town all week too so in my rush to get out the door with the baby I have forgotten my lunch 2x this week! I am taking some sick time today and try to catch up on sleep, and hubs comes back tonight! Yeah, I miss that guy!

ETA: WI is tomorrow @ 1pm, but the Dr scale said 176...we will see what a day and a half does.

Last edited by LizRR; 05-03-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #55  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Thanks evepet for the encouragement I surely need it right now. I just feel like I havent lost anything this time.
Your body is shifting. I felt that way one week and I lost weight! The scale at my center and home is different so it is hard for me to really gauge a change.

btw I wear the same clothes for weigh in so I can consistently see how much weight I have lost. crazy but true
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #56  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Oh one other interesting tidbit--my doc said for me to take up to 3 ibuprofens regularly to help with the pain. Turns out that in reading labels, Advil has sucrose in it! Who knew? I bought Motrin instead because it seems to be sugar-free.
Smooshy proteins that are manageable would be your fishes (may get caught in braces, use the brush guy to get out from the metal), tuna is great for this, also boiled eggs, tofu (i think that counts as protein?) and shredded anything, shredded chicken etc. is great.

Something that I did while on braces was clench my teeth for a second, and then let them up and the pressure relieved all the pain for a little bit. Best wishes to you for the braces, I had mine for 18 months and wouldn't want to go back!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #57  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer73 View Post
Good morning ladies! This is my first post here and I'm really excited I found this site. I just had my 5th weigh in yesterday and the scale didn't move one bit

I lost about an inch (which is good ) but I'm a little down in the dumps. Is it normal to go a week without any loss? My weight loss has been as follows:

w1= -7
w2= -3.1
w3= -3.2
w4= -4.1
w5= -0

There was absolutely no cheating either.... I'm bumming a little but I'm not discouraged ---- yet.
From what I've read on here, it's quite normal to have a week of low or no loss while your body adjusts. Bear in mind that you're still averaging 3.48 lbs/week weight loss on average. You're doing great! Hang in there. I'm just going into week 6 too, and am averaging 2.84 lbs lost/wk. I'm envious! LOL. But I've really come to believe that we have to take the long view on this weight loss journey, and not sweat the individual WIs too much.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #58  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Smooshy proteins that are manageable would be your fishes (may get caught in braces, use the brush guy to get out from the metal), tuna is great for this, also boiled eggs, tofu (i think that counts as protein?) and shredded anything, shredded chicken etc. is great.

Something that I did while on braces was clench my teeth for a second, and then let them up and the pressure relieved all the pain for a little bit. Best wishes to you for the braces, I had mine for 18 months and wouldn't want to go back!

Fish is great because it is soft. Also it would be good to invest in a water pik to floss in between the braces and such. My daughter has one and it helps her a great deal!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #59  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Quote:
Good morning, fellow IPers! I am very anxious today because I am getting braces installed on my teeth today. The ortho has warned me that my mouth/teeth will be very sore for 2-3 weeks and so I will only be able to eat soft foods (no biting/chewing). As a result of this, my coach is delaying moving me to Phase 2 so I can continue on more shake, pudding and soup packets. But I don't know how I can stay OP for my evening protein meal. I'm OK mincing my veggies and adding to IP soups for lunch, but how to eat meat without chewing? Can anyone provide me with suggestions? I may just have to replace the dinner protein with a 4th packet.

Oh one other interesting tidbit--my doc said for me to take up to 3 ibuprofens regularly to help with the pain. Turns out that in reading labels, Advil has sucrose in it! Who knew? I bought Motrin instead because it seems to be sugar-free.
Maggie,
You may find that it won't be as uncomfortable for as long as your ortho is stating either. As with IP, everyone is different in their discomfort level when they get braces on. Just be sure to take the ibuprofen REGULARLY for the first few days and then see how it is. I hope you are pleasantly surprised!
As for your protein, what about a roast chicken? They are usually pretty soft and you can cut them up into small pieces to put in your mouth (actually on your chewing surface) instead of letting it get caught up in the brackets and wires too much (can you tell I have worked in this field in the past?). You could also add a bit of WF any flavor mayo to make a soft chicken salad with some other soft steamed veggies in there to help. Usually we would say potatos, jello to patients so this takes some creative thinking for protein! The white omelet I thought of but was already mentioned. If you like fish that is a pretty soft alternative. I think there are recipes out there for salmon patties or you can also mix up some tuna like the chicken salad. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Last edited by doublebaby; 05-03-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Just read that about the Motrin...Good thinking, just remember regularly the first few days.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

I do county my pickles toward my veggies. Especially if I am making the Big Mac Bowl, 1/4 cup pickles and 1/4 cup onions adds up!
Closed Thread