Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #91  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Checking in from South Dakota for the day

Hey all,

Not a lot of time to post, just swamped at work, per usual. I'm curious if anyone knows if me walking 30 min a day (lunch break) at a "brisk" pace (can talk but not sing out loud) would help me to tone my legs and bumm and burn some calories, or would it hurt me?

P.S. Ya'll are my coaches for IP, so thanks for the great advice thus far TOM "should" be over by this weekend so hoping the Woosh Fairy visits me Sat/Sunday for my weigh in next week Monday.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #92  
kle

S/C/G: 190/185/125

Height: 5'2"

Okay.....so I am new to ip and I will take any advice. I never stick to anything and I'm trying this time. I can't kick the cravings I get at 4 o'clock every day. I have been fighting through them but my hardest obstacle yet is if I don't cheat for a couple days that 3rd or 4th day I have no energy, I find myself nodding off. I have to make another pot of coffee. I am very discouraged. I need energy, I have 3 kids and I can't afford to be tired from the lack of eating! I try all the little tricks. When I eat I have energy! I dieted myself up to 185 pounds. Help, I am frustrated!

Last edited by kle; 05-02-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone! I am so excited to hear about everyone's terrific WI!!! I think my weight loss may be at a halt for some reason this week but I'll keep to the 100% OP! Mind over matter (or food in this instance)!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Hey all,

Not a lot of time to post, just swamped at work, per usual. I'm curious if anyone knows if me walking 30 min a day (lunch break) at a "brisk" pace (can talk but not sing out loud) would help me to tone my legs and bumm and burn some calories, or would it hurt me?

P.S. Ya'll are my coaches for IP, so thanks for the great advice thus far TOM "should" be over by this weekend so hoping the Woosh Fairy visits me Sat/Sunday for my weigh in next week Monday.
All recent studies show that exercise does not help with weight loss, regardless of how many calories you burn. This has been my experience too.

But, a nice walk will tone your legs and make you feel good. If you want to do it a brisk walk should not impact ip in any way.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #95  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

So, I tried mixing the chicken soup with cauliflower and adding spices, but I just could not choke it down. I have enough Pink Lemonade packets to get me through until my WI Saturday, do you all think it would be okay to just have those 2x a day for the rest of this week?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kle View Post
Okay.....so I am new to ip and I will take any advice. I never stick to anything and I'm trying this time. I can't kick the cravings I get at 4 o'clock every day. I have been fighting through them but my hardest obstacle yet is if I don't cheat for a couple days that 3rd or 4th day I have no energy, I find myself nodding off. I have to make another pot of coffee. I am very discouraged. I need energy, I have 3 kids and I can't afford to be tired from the lack of eating! I try all the little tricks. When I eat I have energy! I diet myself up to 185 pounds and I am lost. Help, I am frustrated!
Have a salad in the afternoon. Lettuce is unlimited and filling.

Drink green tea...switch the timing of your snack...try different foods, eat pickles or egg whites!

Drink more water!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #97  

You can have the same packet 3 times a day if you want...

Maybe try making the soup into a wrap and having a sandwich?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #98  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
"For those talking about being concerned about losing lean, remember that lean isn't just muscle, it's everything BUT fat. It's water and bone and blood and connective tissue...so yes, as you lose, it's inevitable to lose lean as well. Especially on the connective tissue front as that's what holds the fat in place. The more fat you burn, the more that connective tissue breaks down and your lean decreases. "
Interesting - I never thought of this, but it makes absolute sense. Thx.

Quote:
kle - Okay.....so I am new to ip and I will take any advice. I never stick to anything and I'm trying this time. I can't kick the cravings I get at 4 o'clock every day. I have been fighting through them but my hardest obstacle yet is if I don't cheat for a couple days that 3rd or 4th day I have no energy, I find myself nodding off. I have to make another pot of coffee. I am very discouraged. I need energy, I have 3 kids and I can't afford to be tired from the lack of eating! I try all the little tricks. When I eat I have energy! I diet myself up to 185 pounds and I am lost. Help, I am frustrated!
Are you on a 3-pack/day program? (I ask because for some reason my coach started me on a 4/day program, and I'm still doing that). If you get really low in energy around 4pm could you 'borrow' maybe 2-3 ozs from your dinner protein and have it as a snack between 3-4pm? Or just try having a salad alone? Or a few pieces of celery w some WF dip? (As I'm on a 4-pack system, I almost always have one of them as a snack at 3-30pm... I definitely would have a significant energy drop at that time of day without having that planned into my day. I typically then eat my dinner around 6:30-7pm).

There's another poster on here who I believe mixes up a big chocolate shake midday, with 1 cup spinach blended in, and then divides it up into 3 portions. I think she said she puts the other two in the freezer. She eats one -third then to keep her energy steady, and spreads the others out through the rest of the afternoon/evening, with the final 1/3 of it being her 'before bed' snack (which is part of the protocol). I forget more specific details, but that's the gist of it and I thought it was a good idea. I know she's on a 3-pack/day program. Something like that might be a good idea for you?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #99  
Started IP May 1, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
I was talking to DH about the water weight thing, and he pointed out a very valuable point:

"Big deal, so it's water weight, it's 5/10 LBS you aren't stuck carrying around with you now you still lose that before your normal fat stuff, so it's good you get it out of the way, that way you can lose the fat stuff next week"

Love DH...he's great at putting things into perspective for me.

I think I just fell in love with your husband. J/k, but it must be great to have such a supportive hubby!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #100  
Started IP May 1, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
You can have the same packet 3 times a day if you want...

Maybe try making the soup into a wrap and having a sandwich?
I didn't know you could do that with the soups. I'll have to look experiment.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #101  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
All recent studies show that exercise does not help with weight loss, regardless of how many calories you burn. This has been my experience too.

But, a nice walk will tone your legs and make you feel good. If you want to do it a brisk walk should not impact ip in any way.
And a nice walk can be a great help at relieving stress! That's a big benefit all by itself.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

Hi All,

Just dropping by with a friendly HI. Have a great OP day.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Default Day 8...and feeling so much better

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to say hi and let some of my fellow newbies know that it does get better. I'm on Day 8 and can't believe how much better I feel already. like kle - i was worried about that 3:00 sleepy time. (I think i'm still waiting for the blanket, snack and pillow like in kindergarden!). My coach said I could have my snack then - and that's what I did through last week. One day I even had an extra shake. But now, I think I'm getting used to it all and I can save my snack for evening. I look forward to that chocolate shake before bed. I've found that water is key, as is making sure I get all my veggies in. Adding a salad also helps. I haven't had an official weigh in yet since I'm on the road, so my WI#1 will really be 1 and 2 combined. I'm nervous about gettign home and seeing the scale, but I've been good all week. I also found that the restaurants have been great. I explain that i'm 'trying to be good' so please just steam my veggies and no sauce on my grilled fish. Since i've opted to skip potatoes or rice, they've doubled my veggies which has been perfect. Anyway - I hope you are all having a great day. And thanks for being here!
Renee
Old 05-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

NSV I have finally stopped obsessing (sp) about my arms. If they get smaller great if not oh well. Worring will not help.

I got to 170 and now I am back and forth from 170 to 173 I know I will break thru eventually and hit the 160's. I am taking this 10 lbs at a time. Hope everyone has a great IP day.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #105  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

*giggle* my first "mass quote"! Success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Good Morning I Peeps! Have a wonderful OP day!!!!
Good to see you're on the thread today NewPath Hope your day is good too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymeskelt View Post
I have had headaches all week though and have not felt very well. As far as others comments, in one ear and out the other...the scale doesn't lie
Headache cure, it's weird, but salt and water, miracle worker for me the first week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I was in the kitchen and looked around. I realized how our lives have changed. My hubby and son have embraced the low carb lifestyle as I ventured in to IP. They have lost significant weight also.
Yeah, DH has lost 4 Lbs to go along with my 5, in a week...just because he eats whatever I make for dinner, and is skipping soda and breads to be supportive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile2laugh View Post
Question for all: Is anyone else cold most of the time? I think it is the amount of cold water I am drinking. I can't seem to warm up.
Hot or warm tea, only thing keeping me warm...oh, and a hoodie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Tomorrow is weigh in day with all these moods swings this week I sure hope I lost something lol. Enjoy your day~
I feel the same about the mood swings. I was aweful to DH last night Told him sorry this morning, but still feel rotten. My prayer group prayed for a fast balance to my hormones this morning lol (self preservation for them/coworkers?0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
When I feel stressed, I might call a friend and vent to her, get some extra hugs from my family members, sit and breathe deeply for a while (pray, too), remind myself of simple truths (all I can do is all I can do), take a bath, get a massage/facial, go for a walk, clean something!
Thank you for that, I'll keep this posted to my fridge as a reminder for when I go to prowl the shelves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Just back from WI #11 and am down another 2.5 pounds and I hit 40 pounds gone. On to the next 10 pound goal.
GREAT JOB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Another almond milk drinker here! Dont you love it!
Is Almond Milk allowed in any phase? Or just Phases 3/4? I miss my dairy products more than I miss bread...wait, no that's a lie, I miss them both equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
I need talked off the carb-ledge. I have my TOM so I am moody, plus my stomach is upset so i want comfort food.
I feel your pain! Mine is aweful this month. Keep in mind, water helps with cramps, so chug chug chug at least that, and remember, just cuz you feel like crap this week, doesn't mean you want to botch everything and feel like crap the next 3 while working off the weight, again. I know it's mean sounding, but it works for me. "This week can suck, I refuse to screw a whole month up just cuz of HORMONES!!" (followed by a good bout of crying, raging and staring at the fridge in anger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider04 View Post
No WI for me today, heading to the dentist for an emergency root canal. Woke up to a lovely abcess in my mouth this morning
Eew, good luck. DH has to get one of those done in the near future, but as we are broke, he is suffering through it, no way could I do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
I did not want to wake up this morning. It was so blissful just sleeping. Of course, 20 minutes after I wake now the stomach monster is roaring. Day 2 here I come....
Drink a big ol' glass of water first thing when you wake up, even if you wake up once to go pee at like 5AM or something. Then when you ACTUALLY wake up, you won't be quite as starving

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
And a nice walk can be a great help at relieving stress! That's a big benefit all by itself.
Hm... this is true Thanks for that!

I'm drinking Licorice spice tea this morning in an attempt to get a sugar feeling without actually drinking sugar...all I can say, is YUCK!!!! We have a box of this stuff at work so I thought I'd try it...that was a mistake...definitely...now my water is looking so much more appealing...which is strange for me to say lol. Oh well, back to work. I made time to read the forums this morning though and I'll catch back up this afternoon. Toodles all!
~Kara
Closed Thread