Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! Happy Hump day! Today is my 5th WI, hoping for some good numbers on the scale! Woke up again with a headache but as my good friend Wuv would say put the sea salt on the tongue to take care of it. Hoping everyone have a good IP day!

Starting weight: 233lb
Wk#1. -4
Wk#2. -5
Wk#3 -2
Wk#4 -3

Hopefully one day I can play with getting my tracker up!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps!!!

WI # 3 yesterday eve.... down 2.8 lbs. - total loss since 4.9.12 - a lil over 12 lbs.

Im happy about the loss, but I want to put up larger numbers. I have had 5, 4.8, and 2.8 lbs. I would love to see a week where I lose 7 or more.

I was told by the coach that bwecause Im short (less lean mass) I would lose weight at a slower pace than someone who is 5'6 . Taller people have more Lean Mass ( muscle, organs, bones). Has anyone else heard this ? Im 4'11 ....

Ive been OP... havent cheated, and this program is EXPENSIVE and too expensive not to stick to it and work the program for optimal results.

I find it just a lil discouraging that Im told I probably will avg 3-4 lbs, because Im short ... and someone taller will have a higher weight loss avg ... and we'r paying the same $$.

ugh.

12 lbs isnt bad for 3 weeks .... its good actually ... but it seems like I have an extra barrier and thats unfair imo.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 194/162.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Ok, I'm getting very frustrated. Last week I only lost 1.6 and this morning I stepped on my scale and it isn't budging...nit one bit!!! My WI isn't until Saturday but this is a little discouraging as I have been 100% OP. Any suggestions???
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #19  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies, tomorrow I have my third weigh in, wish me luck! I am so tickled with this program, 1st week down 13.5 lbs, second week 3 lbs

Have a great day all!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Been back on track now for since Sunday and lost what was gained during my darn conference trip.

Great NSV's and personal stories the past few days.

I am having a challenge on how to balance the major stress at work with still staying positive, and not allowing the stress to de-rail me. Sometimes I feel like I am just treading water! Anyone else feel this way?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #21  
Started IP 5-1-15

S/C/G: 210/196/160

Height: 5'5

Default Exercise

I ran a 10 K this weekend and felt pretty good. I havent been able to run more than 2 miles since I started 4 weeks ago. I lost 1.6 this week (my lowest loss so far) and I was a little sore. My coach told me to have an extra protein pack within 15 minutes after cardio. Of course I didnt listen becasue my brain tells me that if I add a packet- I add more calories-therefore I dont lose as much. It is not a calorie based system but Im having trouble changing my mindset from all the years of calories in and calories out. I may have had a better loss if I had listened and wouldnt have been so sore. :0 HAVE a great week everyone!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 229/222/130

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations to all of you ! all those pounds gone!!!
This is my third week. 1st week lost 6.9. Second 1.6. I'm trying not to step on the scale at home, but I can't help it, Not showing much progress this week yet. Did anyone else go through this? The diet is hard, but so worth it if it works. But not if it doesn't !
Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #23  
MOM3GRL

S/C/G: 286/286/170

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning One and All! It is a beautiful day here in Ohio! We had some wicked storms pass through last night, but the morning brought sunshine.

Day 11 for me today and I am feeling good. I am over (thank God) the cravings for pasta, pizza and a big hunk of warm bread now and just looking toward my WI on Saturday morning. COME ON SCALE - BUDGE!

Tomorrow night will be another test. We are meeting DH's father at Texas Roadhouse and that bread is going to be staring at me! AH POOHEY! I can push that bread away and order a lovely steak, veggies and a salad.

I have come too far to let a bread basket get in my way! That is going to be my motto for the day! More like this: I have come too far to let a _________(fill in the blank with your temptation) get in my way!

Peace to everyone today!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #24  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
Had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 8 lbs. My coach was pleased --- but -- I lost a little lean mass. I did not cheat at all. My DS had a soccer tournament and I did not eat consistently over the weekend and missed dinner one night -- too tired to eat. My coach and I discussed strategies on what to eat on the road - particularly when all the food choices on hand are bad.

As a newbie I have come to realize that I need to keep an IP survival kit with me when I travel. I have read some older posts and have gotten ideals - but would like your input. What do you bring with you when you travel?

Thank you.
I brought bars, soy puffs and drinks along with my shaker and other food and packets. I keep a RTD drink and soy nuts in my truck along with a chocolate drink pack so it is always in my truck. Had boiled eggs work well too. I also brought my own olive oil and apple vinegar with me. I'm doing alternatives too so one piece of fruit a day works on the road.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #25  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Tomorrow marks WI #6. I am excited and nervous. I have a long journey ahead and want to keep loosing. I've lost so quickly I am worried it will slow down. But the same size pants that felt tight Monday are not feeling so tight today!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #26  
Nervous Newbie

S/C/G: 160.2/152.7/140

Height: 5'7

That's great!! I cheated and weighed in this morning too. I also began Saturday and i have an exact 5 lbs loss to the tee!!! My pants are feeling roomy this morning too! I have had headaches all week though and have not felt very well. As far as others comments, in one ear and out the other...the scale doesn't lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Good morning ladies! Day 2 and feeling good. I kinda cheated this morning and stepped on the scale. But I'm glad I did. Down 5 lbs since Saturday! And this is after a month of eating right and exercising and only lost 2 lbs. I'm sold!

But I carpool with a girl from work and when I told her about it on the drive in, she said it's probably just water weight. These kind of comments are typical coming from her. I'm sure some of it is water weight and I'd already thought about that, but like I said, in an entire month I only lost 2 lbs, so something is obviously happening here. Oh well, I'm not letting it get me down.

I'm not going to change my ticker until my official weigh-in on Saturday, but it still feels good, ya know?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

Good Morning all. I had two Boca burgers last night with some pepper jack veggie cheese and it was very good. I dont weigh in til Friday, but I put myself on the scale last night and I am in the 180's. Soooo excited. Everyone have a Happy Hump Day!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
Had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 8 lbs. My coach was pleased --- but -- I lost a little lean mass. I did not cheat at all. My DS had a soccer tournament and I did not eat consistently over the weekend and missed dinner one night -- too tired to eat. My coach and I discussed strategies on what to eat on the road - particularly when all the food choices on hand are bad.

As a newbie I have come to realize that I need to keep an IP survival kit with me when I travel. I have read some older posts and have gotten ideals - but would like your input. What do you bring with you when you travel?

Thank you.
Awesome and off to a super start! Sounds like you are getting some good plans in line too. It does take a bit to get things lined out. I found out tat failing to plan was planning to fail when it came to eating and meals.

Just had some crispy cereal pancakes. Yummy stuff!! Soleil and I have a busy therapy dog day in the schools.

I was in the kitchen and looked around. I realized how our lives have changed. My hubby and son have embraced the low carb lifestyle as I ventured in to IP. They have lost significant weight also. The kitchen is a different place. No breads or pastas, no boxes or sugary snackies. Few canned itens either. There is almond milk and almond flour. A family eating style transformed. I am so excited about this for maintenance. We have moved so much to fresh, unprocessed foods for all our eating!! The guys wanted to eat out last night and carefully chose Japanese...steamed mackeral and shashimi, some chicken broth soup and a salad. By jove, they get it! We all feel so much lighter and more active and alert.

It is not easy to change a lifestyle rooted in childhood and then nearly 30 years of practice ourselves. But, change is possible as long as there is willingness. Good bye fattening typical American dietary choices. Good bye to the center of the supermarket!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 251/223/200

Good Morning All
Good luck to all of you who have WI today ))) sending slim vibes! Thanks for that tip about the eggs . I am so mad at myself - yesterday I came in & I had put on the crock pot for the family dinner. I had run out of the snacks & mindlessly started eating pretzels!! Grrrr what is wrong with me? If I am going to cheat , why pretzels? I have WI tomorrow - I hope it doesn't cost me too much.
Question for all: Is anyone else cold most of the time? I think it is the amount of cold water I am drinking. I can't seem to warm up.
Have a great day IPeeps!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning.

I had such a good sleep. I went to bed at 9pm and slept like a rock all the way till the alarm rang at 5:45 this morning. Had a crazy dream that I was away on vacation with Don Draper (from Mad Men).. hee heee no wonder I didnt wake up before I had to.

I have weigh in this morning and I did not wake up feeling skinny today, feeling kinda puffy but it will be ok whatever the scale says. Who knows maybe the WhOOSH Fairy will visit within the next 3 hours.

I hope everyone has an easy time OP today.
I love Mad Men, don't think I would have wanted to wake up either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminny26 View Post
Ok, I'm getting very frustrated. Last week I only lost 1.6 and this morning I stepped on my scale and it isn't budging...nit one bit!!! My WI isn't until Saturday but this is a little discouraging as I have been 100% OP. Any suggestions???
Stay off the scale until your official WI. It is hard to do, I know from experience, but you will gain lots of peace of mind if you can do it.
Closed Thread