Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Default I think I may have accidently cheated....

So, I realize this is probably ridiculous to freak out over, but after scarfing down my burger for dinner tonight I realized it had a slice of cheese on it.

I don't know if it was a full slice on all of it (it was between two patties), or just a little bit on my last bite.... I looked before I started eating but I'm worried I just didn't process the fact that it had cheese since it's usually so normal for me to have some on my burger (and sadly enough I can't remember because I have the worst memory).

I'm freaking out!

I've only been on the program for three weeks and have been RELIGIOUS about sticking to it, so I'm kind of worried about how this is going to affect my next weigh-in :/

Has anyone else had a problem like this or know how bad one slice of american cheese is? I keep trying to tell myself it's not that bad, but I don't really know....
sneuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Don't freak out...you will be fine.just be careful next time and more alert as to what you are eating
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

No matter what happens, it's done now, so just keep plugging away...

I've had dreams where I ate something illegal and then realized it was a no-no, in horror! Oh, what we do to ourselves....

Hang in there!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

If it makes you worry less I have done Atkins in the past and Atkins also has the goal of keeping you in ketosis and they allow a small amount of cheese daily (I think 2 or 4 oz or so ...). I LOVE cheese so when I was on Atkins I did eat cheese as much as I was allowed and it didn't affect my weight loss (or my ability to stay in ketosis) any at the time. So you will probably be fine and now you know to check closer next time
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #5  
Started IP 5-1-15

S/C/G: 210/196/160

Height: 5'5

I agree...I wouldnt freak out. Use it as a learning experience and moveon. My coach would say...we didnt get this way from accidentally eating one piece of cheese...just dont use it as an excuse to fall off on anything else and be more diligent. Good Luck!!
Sammi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #6  

Default thanks!

Thanks guys.... it was one of those freak out moments where you think you've just royally screwed up! I'm trying so hard to stick to the plan that I was a little upset that I'd made such a silly mistake.

My mom is also on the program and talked to our coach today - she said the same thing about it being on Atkins and not taking you out of ketosis so I'm much less worried now.

But like you guys said and suggested, I'm going to suck it up, move forward, and pay much more attention next time! I appreciate the responses and support
Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

snuese...don't ya just love these folks?? They are so supportive and this means such a great deal to each of us in our daily struggles. Love the support!!
Darralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #8  

Darralyn - I do!! I spent all evening yesterday freaking out and after reading the responses I feel so much better! I definitely know where I'm going from now on for advice and support