Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/1/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/136/112

I had my second weigh in today, and lost 1.5 lbs, but it was my TOM last week, and my water weight went up by 2 pounds, and my muscle by 1 pound, so that is reassuring, I am glad I lost anything. In addition, I never measured my body, but can visually see the decrease in my arms. So I am still going strong! Good Luck Everyone! Have a Great May!!!! ))
Old 05-01-2012, 03:34 AM   #3  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an hour making breakfast and lunch for my hard working hubby. He's a truck driver that's home daily and in order for him never to gain back his 54 lbs he lost on IP, It's my job as his wife to make him his daily healthy meals. Today = 1/4 cup muesli and organic vanilla yogurt with 1/3 cup strawberries. He had a banana to take the edge off when he got up. Lunch is a tuna salad (made with honey mustard WF mayo and dill pickles with a high fiber tortilla with lettuce and tomato. He brings two balance bars with him as well as 2 33 ozs water bottles.

Now I get to check into all my things online, wind down and try to pull 3 more hours worth of sleep before getting up and taking care of me and my kid.

Hope you all are doing well this fine morning! TodayI WILL BE 100% OP!!

All for now!
Aud
Old 05-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all! Although, I haven't really gone to bed yet. I'm having trouble sleeping tonight, so I've been catching up here. Wow, this place is soooooooo full of inspiring stories and people! I was just reading one of the 100% threads. You all are amazing!

I need help with a couple of questions:

1) I cannot get any pictures to load. Every time I try, I get the message the the upload failed. Anyone got any ideas?

2) Is it normal for your stomach to growl? I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole thing (which I think is slightly complicated because my little guy just doesn't want to give up his last nursing session.) But my stomach growls regularly, from hunger--not from bowel issues. I don't want to accidently put myself into starvation mode! I appreciate any insight on this.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #5  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyonadiet View Post
I had my second weigh in today, and lost 1.5 lbs, but it was my TOM last week, and my water weight went up by 2 pounds, and my muscle by 1 pound, so that is reassuring, I am glad I lost anything. In addition, I never measured my body, but can visually see the decrease in my arms. So I am still going strong! Good Luck Everyone! Have a Great May!!!! ))
Congrats on the 1.5 loss... any loss is a good loss and next week will most likely be better if you are retaining water. FYI: I had a low WI once and my coach told me that taking Advil retains water. ( I was taking advil daily for feet pain, back pain & headaches. I dont need it as much becuase most of my pains have gone since losing weight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
Good morning! It's 2:30 am and I am checking in! I have just been up for an hour making breakfast and lunch for my hard working hubby.
Your a good wife Aud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Good morning all! Although, I haven't really gone to bed yet. I'm having trouble sleeping tonight, so I've been catching up here. Wow, this place is soooooooo full of inspiring stories and people! I was just reading one of the 100% threads. You all are amazing!

I need help with a couple of questions:

1) I cannot get any pictures to load. Every time I try, I get the message the the upload failed. Anyone got any ideas?

2) Is it normal for your stomach to growl? I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole thing (which I think is slightly complicated because my little guy just doesn't want to give up his last nursing session.) But my stomach growls regularly, from hunger--not from bowel issues. I don't want to accidently put myself into starvation mode! I appreciate any insight on this.
Morning ChaloJ
did the site didnt give you a reason for the error? too big of a pic or maybe the file type?

my stomach growls sometimes, real load gurgley growls. I have no idea why, sometimes it happens when I'm not hungry at all.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, The summer is right around the corner now.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day.

I hope everyone has a great day
Old 05-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/153/145

Height: 5ft 7

Long night here stormed for about 2 hours, getting close to the first anniversary of the may 22 tornado that destroyed most of my town. So what used to be just spring thunder storm strikes fear in everyone. I am stuck on this last 5 pounds and it's making me crazy. I started to do a little bike riding to see if that would help but I feel like I've gained.any advice?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, I hope everyone has a great day
Hi Carol, yes, time sure is flying by... Funny, I would have thought you were an 'oldtimer' on this journey, just from the wisdom in your posts. I was surprised that you just started Feb 16! Great progress!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joplingrl View Post
Long night here stormed for about 2 hours, getting close to the first anniversary of the may 22 tornado that destroyed most of my town. So what used to be just spring thunder storm strikes fear in everyone. I am stuck on this last 5 pounds and it's making me crazy. I started to do a little bike riding to see if that would help but I feel like I've gained.any advice?
Sometimes those last few pounds are the hardest to get off. It could be that muscles are building so that is the weight gain you sense. Maybe it's time to phase off and get the last few pounds taken care of via exercise and continuing a good diet?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! I noticed the birds started chirping by 5:15 this morning...as time passes and the earth rotates...

Well, I fell asleep by 8 last night and woke up at 4. Crazy, but that's the way it goes. After pushing really hard this weekend, I couldn't seem to do squat yesterday, beyond a bunch of kitchen stuff, so today I really need to get back to work. Was hoping to have a garage sale this weekend, but forgot to get the ad to the paper in time, so it will have to be next weekend. Do-lists and post-it notes only work if you read them!

Hope everybody has a wonderful day !!!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #10  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Is it normal for your stomach to growl? I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole thing (which I think is slightly complicated because my little guy just doesn't want to give up his last nursing session.)
Normal for your stomach to growl at times - Yes! But what struck me is the fact that you are still nursing! Your calorie and nutrition requirements are much more than the 800 calories (approx) that you get with IP. Does your Dr and/or coach know that you are still nursing?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

NSV......tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt. Sometimes it is the small things that make your day
Have a great 100% OP Day!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #12  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy May Day Everybody.
I cant believe it is May already, The summer is right around the corner now.
I started this program on Feb. 16 I remember being so impatient for the weeks to go by so I could see some significant weight loss but the time was going by so slowly, it was almost torture. I couldn't wait for my 1 week WI, then I couldn't wait for my 1 month WI, now here it is almost 3 months on plan and almost 40 pounds later (I am hoping to hit 40 tomorrow at WI) and all I can say is WOW that time flew by. So to all my IP friends just starting out, don't torture yourself.. before you know it, months will have gone by, just get through each day.

I hope everyone has a great day
I'm with Sewmam! I didn't realize you just started in February! WOW is right! Great advice and great job!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #13  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Happy May Day!
I had a hard time sleeping last night! So I am going into work early, getting some good stuff done , before my staff comes in.
A little rainy here , but it is supposed to be WARM! Good news for me!

May you all have an OP day , May all of you be the biggest loosers around!
MWAH!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #14  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
NSV......tucking in my shirt and wearing a belt. Sometimes it is the small things that make your day
Have a great 100% OP Day!
I cant wait to tuck in my shirt.. that is one of my goals.. good for you, i am a little jealous though hee heeee
Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #15  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hi Carol, yes, time sure is flying by... Funny, I would have thought you were an 'oldtimer' on this journey, just from the wisdom in your posts. I was surprised that you just started Feb 16! Great progress!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
I'm with Sewmam! I didn't realize you just started in February! WOW is right! Great advice and great job!
Thanks ladies..

Last edited by Cadu; 05-01-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Closed Thread