Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #61  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3girls63 View Post
Miracle noodles were mentioned in an earlier post. What are those? Where can I buy them? Thanks All!

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_4854tdhady_e
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #62  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Well it's been an interesting morning for sure. I went for my weigh in this morning to talk to my coach about going to phase 3 for two weeks to shake things up as my weight loss has really slowed down and no weight loss according to my scale at all this week. I just really felt after 7 months of being 100% OP and having lost just about 85 pounds, that my body needed waking up again.

She was not crazy about the idea because she is worried that I won't be able to get back to phase 1 in two weeks. She did weigh me and sure enough no weight loss on her scale either. However she did measure my lean muscle and body fat, and I gained 2 pounds in muscle and lost 1 pound of body fat, which for me is a big deal because my body fat goes down VERY slowly. I also lost an inch. That was all good news, but I still have a gut feeling that I need to shake things up a bit to get the scale moving down again too. I also started doing the slow burn weight lifting technique at the gym this past week and I really think that will help get that body fat moving more also.

I did eat a phase 3 breakfast this morning, and I'm happy to say those foods weren't as wonderful as I remembered. I actually missed my morning bar. So, I'm doing this experiment for two weeks and hoping/praying that I'm right on what I think I need.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Today was day 1 and I had the chicken soup pouch for lunch. Well, I attempted to anyway. I think it took about 4 or 5 bites of me gagging after every bite before I gave up and threw it away. Does anyone have any tricks to doctor up the soup and get me through the rest of the week?
I do not like the soups. I tend to stick with the beverages. You will find the protein you like and will have favorites.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #64  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Red face

Happy May Day ladies,

I love reading the posts on this site, glad to be here. Thursday will be my third weigh in and I am feeling good about it. You guys motivate and inspire me.

Will the inside of my mouth ever taste normal again, how long does ketosis last?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #65  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I'm at work, but just wanted to post this quickly.

My boss (who doesnt know I'm on this program) just came and offered me a cookie, when I said no, he told me to make the exception "just this once" and pretty much shoved the cookie in my face. I said no, I do not want the cookie.

In the past, I would have eaten the cookie, while telling myself I need to lose weight. They're not even that good - sugar from Subway.

btw - I was on the phone with my DH and he offered to come and beat him up.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
Made it through our first official outing...but not without some fanfare. We had a big family dinner and before hand I told my SIL that DH and I were on a restricted diet and we would bring our own food. She told me her DH would be upset so I snuck out to the grocery store and bought plain chicken, came back with it hidden in my purse then offered to BBQ the chicken for him because he was so busy. I am very happy that I stuck to my guns!
Chikara, That was an excellent strategy!! I will definitely remember it - its a good way to be sure that you can eat also and not offend anyone. Hmmm, has me thinking... I could tell the host at the next bbq that I'll bring something light and then bring my own pan pf chicken breasts and thighs, dressed in olive oil, S&P, garlic, enough to share with others of course plus a huge bowl of salad greens, dressed in all kinds of greens (cukes, celery, green peppers, scallions) and my own salad dressing. Bring food to share w/ all. If host says anything like Oh, didn't expect you to bring that, will just say I thought you'd have plenty of desserts so thought I'd do something else. Host will not mind...

Thanks for telling us about this. And congratulations on sticking to your guns on it!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #67  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

So I had an appointment at my IP centre yesterdat. I was really looking forward to wiehing in and getting measured. I have to take a ferry to get to the Island from the Island I live on. Well,I get there at noon which is the time I was booked for,my coach is too busy because she is do a Pedicure. She runs a Spa plus this programn. She said she could do me in 1/2 hr. Well the problem is I had many things to do and a lawyers app for 2 pm in the City.
I left to get the things done I needed to and my husband got po's and said I need to find IP somewhere's else .This woman is just not doing enough for me.
So here I am today,on my own again,I do have enough packets for 6 days,but have to also find a better place that offers IP.
I need weekly weigh ins and measurements and also to have the encouragement of a qualified coach.
I hope I don't have to pay a start up with a new coach.
I have done really well,but need to get to maintenace. Help!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Quote:
Today was day 1 and I had the chicken soup pouch for lunch. Well, I attempted to anyway. I think it took about 4 or 5 bites of me gagging after every bite before I gave up and threw it away. Does anyone have any tricks to doctor up the soup and get me through the rest of the week?
Which one were you eating, many don't like tomato or leek. I have a Healthmaster blender and add olive oil, sea salt and veggies like cauliflower, broccoli to them.

reread your quote, you had chic soup

Last edited by ProteinGal; 05-01-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #69  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
I give the credit to Sewmam, because I got the tip from her... but it's much tastier when you steam and blend a cup of celery or zucchini or something in with it. I also add about 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes & 1 tbsp of dehydrated parsley as well. Blend it well in my Ninja, pour into a big mug, and then reheat in the microwave just for 20 secs to ensure it's nice and hot. Grind a little black pepper on top. Makes it quite tasty. Soup fixed this way, plus a salad are my typical lunch meal now. Like you, I wondered how I was going to eat my stock pile of soups until I started doing this.

I do this for the tomato & basil soup too, but also add a tbsp of WF ketchup or their tomato & basil pasta sauce to it to 'beef up' the tomato flavor.

Last edited by evepet; 05-01-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #70  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteinGal View Post
Which one were you eating, many don't like tomato or leek. I have a Healthmaster blender and add olive oil, sea salt and veggies like cauliflower, broccoli to them.
It's the chicken soup. It was way too overprocessed to me and I still can't get the taste out of my mouth. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and add some veggies to the soup for tomorrows lunch.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
So I had an appointment at my IP centre yesterdat. I was really looking forward to wiehing in and getting measured. I have to take a ferry to get to the Island from the Island I live on. Well,I get there at noon which is the time I was booked for,my coach is too busy because she is do a Pedicure. She runs a Spa plus this programn. She said she could do me in 1/2 hr. Well the problem is I had many things to do and a lawyers app for 2 pm in the City.
I left to get the things done I needed to and my husband got po's and said I need to find IP somewhere's else .This woman is just not doing enough for me.
So here I am today,on my own again,I do have enough packets for 6 days,but have to also find a better place that offers IP.
I need weekly weigh ins and measurements and also to have the encouragement of a qualified coach.
I hope I don't have to pay a start up with a new coach.
I have done really well,but need to get to maintenace. Help!
That just sucks when you have a coach like that, what would happen if you were 1/2 or hour late. Hope you can find a good coach soon.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #72  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I give the credit to Sewmam, because I got the tip from her... but it's much tastier when you steam and blend a cup of celery or zucchini or something in with it. I also add about 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes & 1 tbsp of dehydrated parsley as well. Blend it well in my Ninja, pour into a big mug, and then reheat in the microwave just for 20 secs to ensure it's nice and hot. Grind a little black pepper on top. Makes it quite tasty. Soup fixed this way, plus a salad are my typical lunch meal now. Like you, I wondered how I was going to eat my stock pile of soups until I started doing this.

I do this for the tomato & basil soup too, but also add a tbsp of WF ketchup or their tomato & basil pasta sauce to it to 'beef up' the tomato flavor.
That sounds much better! I'll give that a try.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
ooJoy - my husband did this for me:
he strained out the noodles with a small strainer first. I 'cooked' the powdered part of the soup with the water and I added veggies (broccoli and peppers). After it simmered a few minutes, i simply poured the broth over the noodles. They didn't get quite so mushy that way. The soup isn't my favorite either.. hope that helps!
Renee
Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I'm at work, but just wanted to post this quickly.

My boss (who doesnt know I'm on this program) just came and offered me a cookie, when I said no, he told me to make the exception "just this once" and pretty much shoved the cookie in my face. I said no, I do not want the cookie.

In the past, I would have eaten the cookie, while telling myself I need to lose weight. They're not even that good - sugar from Subway.

btw - I was on the phone with my DH and he offered to come and beat him up.
Your boss, what a jerk!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
ooJoy - my husband did this for me:
he strained out the noodles with a small strainer first. I 'cooked' the powdered part of the soup with the water and I added veggies (broccoli and peppers). After it simmered a few minutes, i simply poured the broth over the noodles. They didn't get quite so mushy that way. The soup isn't my favorite either.. hope that helps!
Renee
There are two chicken soups, one with noodles and one without, the plain chicken flavored is great. I guess a person could add more water to the new Chick a la King and make that out of a soup too.
Closed Thread