SABOTAGE - My Post it Note Accountability Trick

• So - I initially lost 37lbs with IP - good riddance!

But I found - over the past 2 years since losing it - that I keep SABOTAGING myself. So - I've tried something new.

I have my IP plan taped to my cupboard - so that when dear hubby is cooking dinner - he cal look at what is good for my body - and arrange my meal accordingly. Yes, ladies - he's gone from not caring to realizing how important this is to me - and is now very supportive. So, when he's home (he's military and goes away a lot) - and he decides he wants to cook - he takes my need into his thought process and adjusts the menu accordingly. I'm one very lucky woman!.....

Anyway - I seque'ed! - I have now taken a bright, fluorescent coloured post it note and written the word SABOTAGE on it - and put it on my IP program. This way - whenever I go into the kitchen - if I'm thinking about quick grabbing something I shouldn't be - I see my flourescent sticky - and realize that I'm SABOTAGING myself.

That was trick 1

I also have another trick I'm trying to work on - because I find myself going to the kitchen when I'm bored or stressed (how many of us do it!) - I also have another one that says ANCHOR - when I go into the kitchen for anything besides a glass of water in between meal times - I'm seeing the ANCHOR sticker - and then I press both my index and middle fingers against my thumbs on both hands - and say "RELAXED", "CALM"and "IN CONTROL" - and doing it once (ok - sometimes 2 or 3 times - depending on stress level! LOL!) - and the desire for bad carbs passes....

So - I've put on 10lbs - because of bad eating again - out of my initial 37 that I lost - so I'm back on IP.... watch them melt away - with my little tricks.

Hope they can help someone else!

Tammy
  • I have two pictures of fat on my fridge. The first is a photo that shows about 1 lb of fat sitting next to a mug, and illustrates that they are about the same size. The second shows what about 5 lbs of fat looks like, and the words remind me that it weights about the same as a brick.

They're right there on the front door of my fridge. Definitely a good reminder that I want that fat OUT OF ME... and I'm sure they help me stay on program. My weight loss for Weeks 3 & 4 was only around 1.5lbs each. I was disappointed until I looked at that 1 lb picture and reminded myself that getting just that amount of fat out of me each week is a big step towards my goal.
  • I have a before photo on my fridge (take it down when visitors come over) lol
    I also have a tight pair of jeans that I try on each week, I will get into them someday.

Best wishes on your success Tammy!
  • Quote: I have a before photo on my fridge (take it down when visitors come over) lol
    I also have a tight pair of jeans that I try on each week, I will get into them someday.

Best wishes on your success Tammy!
    I do the same thing on both counts. I'm nowhere near fitting into my "skinny" jeans (maybe in 100 lbs or so) but keep them out to look at, lol. Also, since I gained all the weight in the past 6 years, I have a picture of my thinner self. Great motivation.