Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 360/270/175

Height: 5"6'

wuv, absoloutely love the fleur-de-lis!!
missunderstood28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #17  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
(Not on IP), but I have a donut-style bead bracelet (like Pandora, but waaay cheaper).
I saw one website while searching that has charms that can be engraved, will see if I can dig it up and post it on tomorrow's thread for you
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #18  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

I love this idea. I had quit wearing jewelry altogether after I had become so big. Have always wanted a Pandora bracelet, but they are out of my price range. Is there a less expensive knock-off product out there?
mylastdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #19  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunderstood28 View Post
wuv, absoloutely love the fleur-de-lis!!
Thanks, that is a cheapy one from Micheals, the silver is starting to come off. I can't find a real charm I like of it so that is working for now....lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I love this idea. I had quit wearing jewelry altogether after I had become so big. Have always wanted a Pandora bracelet, but they are out of my price range. Is there a less expensive knock-off product out there?
I got mine from Kay's Jewerly, it was $39 for the bracelet and the charms run from $25 on up. My most expensive one was my butterfly it was my 25lb charm, it was $40 but it has purple crystals in it. Butterflies are my favorite (freedom) and purple is my birthstone. My open heart angel was my 50lb charm, and to represent my dad watching over me. I promised him I would lose the weight it only took me 15 yrs to do that. My open heart charm was my 100lb charm, because I starting opening up my heart and my heart was my 150lb charm because I am loving myself now. I also have a pig that represents my son because his nick name is bacon and I have a monkey because my oldest is known as truck monkey. And my MOM charm is from them as well
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Michael's and JoAnn's have ridiculously cheap versions. The bracelets run about $5 and a package of 4 to 6 beads is also about $5 - AND they're often on sale for up to 50 % off or buy one get one free.

Target, ShopKo, and I think Kohl's also have intermediately priced beads (about $15 per bead, and often on sale for up to 30% off).

There are also etsy and ebay sellers who sell beads of various qualities and materials. The weakness of etsy is that you can't tell the quality until after you've bought and received the bead, but there are some clues and reading the seller feedback is important. Obviously the beads with no metal (like the stone or ceramic only) are the most durable (no silver to tarnish, no plating to flake off).

I realize they my cheapies may not last very long, but that's ok, because once I get to goal weight, I can make a new project of replacing the beads with better quality ones as my reward for maintanence. Say one bead for maintaining my weight loss for a month (or maybe two, if I decide to replace with the really expensive beads).

I will end up with three weight loss bracelets, and who knows how many maintenance bracelets?
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #21  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Michael's and JoAnn's have ridiculously cheap versions. The bracelets run about $5 and a package of 4 to 6 beads is also about $5 - AND they're often on sale for up to 50 % off or buy one get one free.

Target, ShopKo, and I think Kohl's also have intermediately priced beads (about $15 per bead, and often on sale for up to 30% off).

There are also etsy and ebay sellers who sell beads of various qualities and materials. The weakness of etsy is that you can't tell the quality until after you've bought and received the bead, but there are some clues and reading the seller feedback is important. Obviously the beads with no metal (like the stone or ceramic only) are the most durable (no silver to tarnish, no plating to flake off).

I realize they my cheapies may not last very long, but that's ok, because once I get to goal weight, I can make a new project of replacing the beads with better quality ones as my reward for maintanence. Say one bead for maintaining my weight loss for a month (or maybe two, if I decide to replace with the really expensive beads).

I will end up with three weight loss bracelets, and who knows how many maintenance bracelets?
My decorative beads (purple ones) are just glass beads with no metal so they don't change colors those are the ones I get from Micheal's.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #22  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Try your local bead store as well. There are a few I go to here in Conn. that sell the charms and I think the bracelets too. They're much nicer than the beads you get at the big chain stores.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #23  
Restart IP 05/19/14

Thanks Wuv and Kaplods! I think I need a bracelet, don't y'all? LOL!
Will be checking Kay's for the actual bracelet, then start browsing for unique beads.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #24  
Restart IP 05/19/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Try your local bead store as well. There are a few I go to here in Conn. that sell the charms and I think the bracelets too. They're much nicer than the beads you get at the big chain stores.
Good idea! I was driving the other day and saw a new store called "the bead store" and silly me thought it was for Mardi GRAS beads! LOL! I'm in Louisiana, so it wasn't a completely illogical conclusion.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #25  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

We have a Hobby Lobby in Sioux Falls that I frequent...a lot... lol I'll have to check there specifically...I want to have a "filler" cheap bead so the only fancy beads are the ones that mean something, but I don't want them sliding all around or being funny lookin'...who knows, maybe I'll hit a total of 10 LBS lost next Monday and I can justify getting myself a couple cute beads and starting that bracelet!
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I have a beaded charm necklace which I ended up double wrapping and turning it into a bracelet. I got most of the charms at Hobby Lobby during a 50% off sale. They are about $1-3 regular price. I did find some nice inspirational charms at Joann's, too. One has Serenity, Courage, Wisdom from the Serenity Prayer. I have found journey, dream, believe, etc. I have one that says faith hope love and another that says Keep Calm and Carry On. The first one I got was a butterfly. My bracelet only has four charms on it for the the 20lbs I've lost so far. But, I have all of them purchased and ready to add on whenever the scale goes down.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210.4/209.8/155

Height: 4'11"

This is a really great idea. I have lost 50 lbs so far. I received a charm bracelet for my birthday but it has just sat in the box. I need to take it out and customize it and use it as a reminder of my weight loss journey and add to it as I continue to lose. About 20 lbs to get to my goal!!!
millie56 is offline   Reply With Quote