Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Yeesh! this is very concerning to me. This week I ate mostly cucumbers. At my evening meal, I stick to shrimp only ,with occassional beef. I am on week two.
I lost 12 pounds my first week. I weigh in tomorrow. I am so stressed that I won't have a weight loss!!!! I feel lighter, my clothes have been really loose, and I fit into a new size top. I just get so anxious the two days before weigh in. Should I bulk up on broccoli and cauliflower today????

Cucumbers are so easy to travel with and prepare. I am really disappointed that they are now going to be free!!!!! I actually like cucumbers : (
Dont stress, I might have had smaller loses those weeks, but I still lost. Any loss is a good loss
Old 04-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I eat cukes and celery everyday and count them as part of my veggies. Its worked for me for the past year so I am not changing a thing....lol

Just be warned that broccoli and cauliflower are high carb veggies. Like I said above, I have had a cuke EVERYDAY for the past year for lunch and have counted it as part of my 4 cups of veggies I am NOT changing anything!

Good morning everyone, I was wide awake at 7am this morning, this has been happening the last few days for some reason not that I am complaining at all....lol....cleaning house today, laundry and washing linens. Windows are open and I am enjoying the fresh air. I won tickets on the radio to Smokin the sound (boat races) but can't find anyone to go with me....what is up with that??...oh well, who knows I may go by myself...NEVER do that but there is always a first for everything right?.....lol
Sounds good to me then. Especially because I'm not particularly fond of broccoli.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

My first weigh in was more successful than I expected!
Down 7.9 lbs and 5" yeah!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #79  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Congratulations.

I know it's hard at first to feel confident that it will work or you've done the right thing, but if you stick to the program, you'll lose. Not worth stressing over. Just keep it up. That great loss should boost your confidence. It becomes second nature after a will.

Keep at it.

Molly
Old 04-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Hey everyone - mixed experience at my WI today...the good news...down another 2.5 lbs and 5.25 in!!! I was especially happy with the inches as it's the first time I've lost off my thighs and arms. You would think, "great job," right? Well, I got in trouble with the coach who is reporting me to the head of the clinic for drinking sparkling water (made with a Soda Stream). She said no bubbles are allowed and was very rude to me, saying "imagine how you would have done if you hadn't cheated." I just can't see how that is a cheat??? She couldn't even explain it to me, said bubbles do something to your gut...
Old 04-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 156/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Amazing!!! So rewarding for such hard work!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #82  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Hey everyone - mixed experience at my WI today...the good news...down another 2.5 lbs and 5.25 in!!! I was especially happy with the inches as it's the first time I've lost off my thighs and arms. You would think, "great job," right? Well, I got in trouble with the coach who is reporting me to the head of the clinic for drinking sparkling water (made with a Soda Stream). She said no bubbles are allowed and was very rude to me, saying "imagine how you would have done if you hadn't cheated." I just can't see how that is a cheat??? She couldn't even explain it to me, said bubbles do something to your gut...
Wow - she doesn't seem to have a very good attitude for a coach. (Seems many of them don't? These 'coaches' could sure use some training on interpersonal skills and ways to keep people motivated) You didn't know you weren't supposed to be using a Soda Stream (btw - you're not alone -I've read of others on here who use one - I was kind of intrigued by the idea and googled it myself, to check out the cost, etc., but decided to stay away from the carbonation on that regular a basis)... surely a more supportive attitude was called for. And 'reporting' you to the head of the clinic? LOL... shades of high school. You're doing great... I say 'Great Job!'
Old 04-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #83  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Evepet,

I normally buy them at a farmer's market. They get all their stock from the big Atlanta Farmer's Market, but we are 80 miles south and it's a small community. As far as I can remember, this place always have them. Today, I was in a hurry and couldn't stop at the farmer's market, but still had no problem finding them at the grocery store (more expensive). These were labeled Product of Brazil, so they are not local, yet. I'm sure they will be soon as lots of veggies are starting to come in from south Florida.

You made me curious really how different are they. I found this explanation online.

"All varieties of cucumbers can theoretically be used as salad cucumbers, also known as slicing cucumbers, or as pickling cucumbers. However, some varieties of cucumbers are much better suited for one type of preparation than the other. Regardless of whether a cucumber is to be sliced and eaten as is, or pickled and then consumed, the most important qualities of any cucumber are that it is fresh and crisp, not overripe and soft. Certain varieties of cucumbers have been bred specifically for use in pickling. By using these varieties, the home pickling enthusiast will end up with a crisper and more flavorful result."

I guess that's what I like about the pickling cukes, they are firmer in texture.

Good luck searching.
Molly
Thanks Molly.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I had a similar schedule - garlic roasted celery is a dinner veggie staple and I had the raspberry jelly as my daily 4pm snack. I am changing it up as of today:
1. Replacing my daily rasp jelly snack with a restricted (never had 1 before)
2. Making my rasp jelly&rhubarb my 4th IP on weightlifting days
3. Oh, and I started my weightlifting class again 3x/week, hence the 4th IP
I am a little anxious of the change...but we will see how it goes!

Speaking of...who cleaned out the frozen rhubarb at the Plano, TX Central Market! I walked up to 3 bags left (my usual weekly amount) and just knoe someone made a stockpile run!
Could you please share your yummy garlic roasted celery recipe?
Thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
I drink lemon flavored seltzer water sometimes. It tastes like a real treat. Is seltzer water a no no?!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #86  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good morning everyone! I am so excited; the weather is great here in Spokane and I get to spend the day with my grandkids at the circus today. Should be loads of fun! I have my packet and veggies to eat before we go and that will work out great. I really have no plans to ever go back to my old eating; the one thing that I have finally learned in my 60+ years is this. I cannot eat certain foods (bread, sweets, pasta) I am a carb addict and once I start the floodgate opens and I am ravenous. When my program is complete I will still need to watch carbs and get most of them from fruit and vegetables. Sweets will never be my friend again; they ruined my life for years and it is so much easier when they are no longer part of my life. It was just a really bad relationship. LOL! Thanks for this forum, it is so wonderful to hear from all you loveley people on this IP journey! Hugs!
Love your profile pic! You are beautiful! The little one is pretty adorable too!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #87  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I was told no sparkling beverages that use phosphoric acid processes to get the bubbles, most commercial seltzers use that. Sodastream should be okay since its a pure CO2 used for carbonation. I talked w/my coach who was quite aware of the why's.

About to go out to a fancy steakhouse w/the inlaws but will check back tonight w/more blabber!

And thank you for sharing your stories New Path and 3sisters. I feel even closer to my IP family!

Last edited by LizRR; 04-28-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 160/155/110

Height: 5'1"

Just had dinner! (salad with tuna, spinash, and cauliflower with lemon juice, salt and pepper) and I am STUFFED!!!! I loveeeee this diet!! Losing weight and feeling full is wonderful!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #89  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Let's do this 3Sisters and all IPEEPS.....let's get our groove back!!!!!
Oh yes, we WILL do this NewPath!

Back from the baby shower - they had chicken enchiladas - I made a salad of the shredded lettuce and pico, had my fill of celery and drank a quart of water! Passed up the fruit pizza also - I even did all the serving and didn't feel a bit tempted! I call that a success!

Cadu, how did your shower go? (Edit - sorry, I just reread your post - the shower is not until NEXT week!)

Last edited by 3sisters; 04-28-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #90  

Height: 5'6

asked this a couple days ago but don't think anyone got around to answering me. Perrier? yes no? Thanks everyone!
Closed Thread