Old 04-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #1  

Exclamation Raspberry ketone

These are supplements that a couple of my good friends take daily along with diet and exceed use and they seem to help with weight loss. Can I take these on IP? And if youve heard bad things about these pills please let me know!
Jacksterrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #2  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I've been a bit intriqued by the idea of using them too. I've read on several different places, that one has to be careful to ensure that you're getting a reputable standardized product from a reliable manufacturer (important for any supplement)... that several unreputable companies rushed to cash in on this craze after raspberry ketones were made such a hot topic on the Dr. Oz show and the products aren't up to standard. Also, I don't believe they've yet been tested on humans - only mice I believe.

What brand are your friends using? Are they having any problems with getting over heated or experiencing hot flashes? On one forum I read of several women reporting that type of problem. Another got a rash.

Last edited by evepet; 04-27-2012 at 10:09 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I've been a bit intriqued by the idea of using them too. I've read on several different places, that one has to be careful to ensure that you're getting a reputable standardized product from a reliable manufacturer (important for any supplement)... that several unreputable companies rushed to cash in on this craze after raspberry ketones were made such a hot topic on the Dr. Oz show and the products aren't up to standard. Also, I don't believe they've yet been tested on humans - only mice I believe.

What brand are your friends using? Are they having any problems with getting over heated or experiencing hot flashes? On one forum I read of several women reporting that type of problem. Another got a rash.
I ordered some today from LowCarbCanada (I couldn't fnd them in store). They were on sale for $27.00 for 60 pills which should be a months supply. I will post if I notice any results when I get them.
PEIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #4  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I ordered some today from LowCarbCanada (I couldn't fnd them in store). They were on sale for $27.00 for 60 pills which should be a months supply. I will post if I notice any results when I get them.
I've noticed them there too. Yes - please do let me know how it works for you.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #5  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post

I'd be interested to see how these work for you too. I saw them listed in the 'new items' in the latest Lowcarbgrocery email.
northernfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #6  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
I'd be interested to see how these work for you too. I saw them listed in the 'new items' in the latest Lowcarbgrocery email.
LowCarbGrocery actually now has two raspberry ketone products. They've had the Green Tea & Raspberry Ketones capsules for a while, but they were out of stock - now available again. And on their 'new product' listing that I rec'd yesterday, they now also have Bio Natura Raspberry Ketone Liquid Formula. I think it's the Green Tea & Raspberry Ketone capsules that PEIslandGirl has.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

The only thing that I noticed by taking the Raspberry Ketones for the last 40 days is that when I burp you get that great Raspberry flavor.
I am not ordering anymore when this bottle is empty.
Sally Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I can"t find any super good research on its efficacy. I saw where one person chided Dr. Oz for praising it without better clinical data available.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

I had not heard of these till I saw this thread. I decided to order some that were 100% raspberry ketones and nothing else. Since I have a nice base line for my weight loss, I will let you know if they are at all helpful.
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #10  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesHotWife View Post
I had not heard of these till I saw this thread. I decided to order some that were 100% raspberry ketones and nothing else. Since I have a nice base line for my weight loss, I will let you know if they are at all helpful.
Ditto. After seeing this thread, I watched the Dr Oz program on the computer and then ordered the raspberry ketones from swansonvitamins.com - Just $4.99 for 100 mg 60 Caps.

I also ordered CLA which was mentioned on the same Dr. Oz program.
Hopefully, one of these 2 will work. I HAVE noticed fewer cravings this week...
HokieHi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
LowCarbGrocery actually now has two raspberry ketone products. They've had the Green Tea & Raspberry Ketones capsules for a while, but they were out of stock - now available again. And on their 'new product' listing that I rec'd yesterday, they now also have Bio Natura Raspberry Ketone Liquid Formula. I think it's the Green Tea & Raspberry Ketone capsules that PEIslandGirl has.

I am almost finished my bottle of 60 capsules. Didn't seem to make any difference at all except for the raspberry burps .

I did notice after I had bought the capsules that someone posted on another site that you should buy the liquid form as it is more assessable to the body. There doesn't seem to be much research on the whole deal anywhere.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #12  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I am almost finished my bottle of 60 capsules. Didn't seem to make any difference at all except for the raspberry burps .

I did notice after I had bought the capsules that someone posted on another site that you should buy the liquid form as it is more assessable to the body. There doesn't seem to be much research on the whole deal anywhere.

Pat
Interesting. I agree about the lack of research - I don't think there's been any done on humans. And how does one know which of the sudden influx of raspberry ketone suppliers has got a standardized reputable product vs someone who's just jumped on the recent Dr. Oz-related publicity to make a fast $ ? I don't recall recognizing any of the brand names I've seen.

Last edited by evepet; 05-07-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I believe there are some studies supporting the use of cla to reduce belly fat, but otherwise it's all just diet!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote