3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I cheated and i feel so good.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/257846-i-cheated-i-feel-so-good.html)

Sccrkeepr 04-27-2012 07:19 PM

I cheated and i feel so good..

I cheated on my birthday, i wont get into the details, but it re energized me. I also lost 6 lbs this week, which is my biggest loss yet. Not patting myself on the back here and not suggesting others do it, but now i feel like i can go another 10 weeks.

purple sky 04-27-2012 08:50 PM

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Amy23 04-27-2012 10:12 PM

I did it a couple of days ago. I went to see The Avengers and ate an ice cream, some lollies and a small bag of Twisties. It was rocking fun while it lasted but the next morning I was violently ill, which I didn't expect. These days, every time I cheat it's either a migraine or vomiting and diarrhea.

That said, I'm down a couple of pounds. The cheat day does work!

New Englander 04-27-2012 10:24 PM

Geez...I wouldn't be patting myself on the back either or suggesting others to do it. You just started March 2012...time shall tell...For your sake don't cheat again...

YankeeLady57 04-28-2012 06:58 AM

I've had that experience -- after a plateau of 2 or three days, a tiny cheat -- a pinch of dried cranberries or some glazed pecans on a salad, or a few Cheez-its, or a few spoonfuls of cooked carrots -- and I get a noticeable and steady drop over the next two or three days. I used to think it was coincidence and I would have dropped any way, maybe more, but I tried experimenting and it seems like I can interrupt a plateau whenever I want this way. Has anybody else had this? I was thinking maybe it is a way to jolt my metabolism out of "starvation mode" but I can't say feel starving at all. One thing I like about ip is that I have felt so good 90% of the time -- not starving at all.

Cadu 04-28-2012 07:10 AM

I dont know, it sounds like a slippery slope to me. I just may not be able to get back on track after going hog wild one day. And also there is a method to this madness, it is about phasing off the right way and re awakening the pancreas. It's not just getting thin, it is about being healthy and STAYING thin. In order to stay thin we have to learn new habits and binging is an old bad habit that I am trying to get rid of.

It may just be me but the thought of having my body work the correct way for once in my life sounds very good.

usmcvet 04-28-2012 08:02 AM

I feel like an alcoholic. I think there are some foods I will stay away from for life. Fast food is one. I also don't have a desire for it right now.m when I eat extra I eat an extra IP snack. I wanted to last night after an argument but read a few pages in my book instead. It worked. Good luck everyone. Have a good day.

Trinique125 04-28-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple sky (Post 4311077)
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm with you:D

LizRR 04-28-2012 09:13 AM

I'm with you Cadu and usmcvet. If I start, not sure I could stop - that is my choice though, everyone makes their own. Reminds me of when I was expecting my son, everyone kept pushing me to have some wine since "its okay to have a small glass" - I had none because I know myself, if I have a little I want A LOT.

And on that note, just tried my 1st restricted choco soypuffs.....this feels like a BIG CHEAT! Soooooo delicious!

Tmg1989 04-28-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4311362)
I dont know, it sounds like a slippery slope to me. I just may not be able to get back on track after going hog wild one day. And also there is a method to this madness, it is about phasing off the right way and re awakening the pancreas. It's not just getting thin, it is about being healthy and STAYING thin. In order to stay thin we have to learn new habits and binging is an old bad habit that I am trying to get rid of.

It may just be me but the thought of having my body work the correct way for once in my life sounds very good.

DITTO!! Really folks. Sound like an addict. Like you just HAD to cheat. Self control in all aspects of life is important! Certainly we all make our own choices but from an ego and self esteem it is better to know you can modify old behaviors! We mostly all got here for being out of balance and we didnt use restraint. I agree with Cadu...use this time to get rid of these behaviors not indulge them. Of course just my opinion...

swimcoachmomma 04-28-2012 01:08 PM

I agree with cadu, vet and the others. Feels like "gaming the system" to me. Like many of us used to take a laxative or a water pill in prep for a wt watchers weigh in. Most of us know how to get that extra half pound off when we need it. I agree with the pancreas retraining thing. I phased off for surgery recently and actually lost 8 pounds in the process, having a huge phase 3breakfast each day for a month. Now back to p1 to finish up.

For me it is all about honesty and accountability. I am the only one who can decide what goes in my mouth and I am the only one responsible for the consequences of those choices.

Billster 04-28-2012 02:00 PM

I cheated once, it was moving day it started snowing and everything and then some went wrong, my inlaws did not help the situation, I didn't enjoy my cheat and was so sick for days after, it was like starting IP all over again, it wasn't worth it for me. And I think now if I was to cheat I'll be spending at least another 90$ the money part to this diet keeps me going since I swear IP makes me broke lol

geoffiegirl 04-28-2012 02:05 PM

Cheating?

Hey Girls! Love hearing your thoughts on Ideal Protein and all! I am on my week 3 right now and have my 3rd weigh in Monday! So far I'm down 10.4 lbs and still feeling great! I think it is a trial and error to what you like and dislike for the IP foods! So far my faves are the herb & cheese omelet, white cheddar puffs, chocolate drink, and wildberry smoothie. It took awhile to like the crunchy cereal, but it is ok. It was a rough start, but after day 4 I felt totally revived! Good luck to all of you!!! :)

evepet 04-28-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

And also there is a method to this madness, it is about phasing off the right way and re awakening the pancreas. It's not just getting thin, it is about being healthy and STAYING thin. In order to stay thin we have to learn new habits and binging is an old bad habit that I am trying to get rid of.

Quote:

We mostly all got here for being out of balance and we didnt use restraint. I agree with Cadu...use this time to get rid of these behaviors not indulge them.
Quote:

If I start, not sure I could stop - that is my choice though, everyone makes their own.
Quote:

I think there are some foods I will stay away from for life. Fast food is one. I also don't have a desire for it right now. When I eat extra I eat an extra IP snack.

Absolutely. Totally agree with all of the above comments, describes my feelings to a 'T'. Allowing anything 'off program' would be a veery slippery slope for me... I've proved that in the past... just opens the door to additional cheats, and then I'm eventually totally off the diet wagon. That mentality has gotten me to where I am today. No more. And a 'splurge' for me, until I get to goal, will be an extra 'helping' of an acceptable IP alternative product. I'm on alternatives, and if I were on 'IP proper' the cost alone would keep me strict. But as it is, the knowledge that a 'cheat' would hamper the long-term benefits to my pancreas and improved metabolism is enough to keep me 'honest'. I bumped the thread about 'The High Cost of Cheating' yesterday, but it's already disappeared. It is well worth a read - and a re-read.

purple sky 04-28-2012 04:54 PM

Everyone is different and it's really important to know what is right for you. I had an accidental cheat in P1. I was consuming a product I thought had no sugar in it and then after a few days I read the label and was so miffed. But, it was also funny because I swear I read the label 10 times. You know that brain fog we get on this diet. I laughed it off but I think that week's weight loss was really low and the following week was better. I have no way of knowing whether or not I was knocked out of ketosis.

That said, things happen and the mental self-torture we inflict on ourselves over the rigidity in this diet is simply not worth it. I do believe some can cheat all through this diet and do fine. They will still lose weight but I believe most of us can't. I think you can start to feel so wound up, so controlled on this diet that a release, a stray, the big bad cheat, might help to get you to chill and move on. That or it's the end. You threw away all your hard work and money and you will feel bad and have to start over.

I hate the word cheat. I have hated every since I first heard it associated with this diet.

But, I will say this, when I accidentally slipped I felt good. I had convinced myself that this product was great for me and each time i had it I felt good. I did not realize it was because it had sugar in it. That's what made me feel good. My body wanted it and it was happy. As soon as I realized the issue, I went back to things are they were and so did my body and mood.

Based on me and my body, I would not have knowingly cheated on this diet during P1. I don't think I would have been able to handle it but having accidentally done it, it got me thinking. There's something to be said about making your body happy and feeling food (nice typo) again. Something I am discovering on P3.

Just be realistic with yourself and your boundaries. know what you can and can't do. Some people need to see losses every single week on the scale and can't handle it otherwise. Some have to get down to a certain number or they are not done. There are all these different things we do with our thoughts to make ourselves crazy. Not worth it.

Decide what you can commit to realistically and potentially successfully and do it. When you ca'tn do it anymore or you don't want to, consider yourself done or almost done and try to start phasing down. There's no reason to mentally torture ourselves like we do and I have seen it time and time and time again on the boards. I do it and I make myself crazy.

You do the best you can with what's you've got. Eventually, you will be off this diet and you will have to make decisions for yourself. You will have to make the best ones that work for you personally.

...stepping off soapbox. :soap: