Regarding 0/0/0

• Can someone please clarify for me the 0 carbs part of our 0/0/0/ requirements? Does something that is 0 NET carbs qualify?
  • If something has 0 calories, it can't have any carbs, since each gram of carbs has 4 calories. Is there a specific thing you're wondering about? I'm trying to figure out what you're thinking about eating that has fiber but no calories. Is it animal, vegetable or mineral?
  • Quote: If something has 0 calories, it can't have any carbs, since each gram of carbs has 4 calories. Is there a specific thing you're wondering about? I'm trying to figure out what you're thinking about eating that has fiber but no calories. Is it animal, vegetable or mineral?
    Someone had asked about Carb 0 bread, which of course wouldn't work because of the calories and fat but that just got me wondering about the difference between true zero carbs and net zero carbs. I guess the only thing I can think of that would be a good example is the Zevia soda which is 0/0/0 if you use the net carbs amount.
  • The 0/0/0 refers to carbs/fat/sugar, so if it has protein it may have a few calories (like egg whites). I was drinking a 6-pack of Zevia a day before I started IP. The problem with most soda is that it is acitic. IP is very alkalizing and because of this, people do not experience the complications that others do on "protein type diets" such as kidney stones, gout, bone spurs... The diet soda (with nutrasweet) is really bad and has been linked to metabolic syndrome. That said, If you decide to have Zevia soda, make sure it doesn't contain phosphoric acid and make sure you drink your water in addition to it. I have not had any soda in 3 months...drinking that much Zevia was an expensive habit.
  • Quote: The 0/0/0 refers to carbs/fat/sugar, so if it has protein it may have a few calories (like egg whites). I was drinking a 6-pack of Zevia a day before I started IP. The problem with most soda is that it is acitic. IP is very alkalizing and because of this, people do not experience the complications that others do on "protein type diets" such as kidney stones, gout, bone spurs... The diet soda (with nutrasweet) is really bad and has been linked to metabolic syndrome. That said, If you decide to have Zevia soda, make sure it doesn't contain phosphoric acid and make sure you drink your water in addition to it. I have not had any soda in 3 months...drinking that much Zevia was an expensive habit.
    I know I will NEVER drink another diet soda, or Coke zero as long as I live! After reading the information everyone has shared here on 3FC about aspartame I can't believe it is so widely used. I tell everyone I know about it. I do understand the 0/0/0 and what that means, my question is related just to carbs. Is there a difference between 0 carbs total and 0 net carbs? For those who don't know, to arrive at a net carb total you subtract any grams of fiber and sugar alcohols from the total carb count and that gives you the net carbs. I know net carbs is a big thing on Atkins.