Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
So I’m going to share my VERY dark dirty secret! I have never really counted my veggies! And I have to be honest I have had very good weight loss, 29lbs in 8 weeks BUT I know it could be better much better! So this week I really tried to ensure I counted everything not just eye balled it. So I do have a question…. 1 cup veg is 85 grams right? My coach wasn’t too sure and said to use a measuring cup but let’s face it, there is a lot of room for more in a measuring cup depending on what size the veggies are. I have been weighing mine out at 85 grams yesterday. I think its right but need some experts to ensure me.
I'm not sure about the grams, but I read on Dr. Tran's site that we should have 5 to 7 oz of vegetables/serving. I assumed that would be if your were weighing them. I will check around to see what I can find and get back to you.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello Ipeeps,

I was up all night with a stomach ache, I think that it was all the veggies, big salad, huge cucumber, 2 cups of kale or just a bug. I feel ok today, just tired, but I really don't feel like eating veggies.

Congrats on all the great losses and NSV's!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #93  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

I just wanted to say a quick HI I have been OP and still loosing I just don't have much computer time these days. I miss the chats here and I lurk occasionally to get a few updates on the going ons!

You all look so good! You are all super encouraging and keep up the good work!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #94  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Default hello

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted. Just wanted to quickly give my progress update. Had my 14th weigh in yesterday and lost 1.25 lbs. I am getting smaller and smaller Size 2 Ann Taylor pants are getting loose!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisab View Post
HI all! I'm new
Hello, and welcome aboard!!! I am new as well. Just joined IP April 4. and found this forum about a week ago. Feel free to join in, ask questions, and post ideas. They give you a lot of support and encouragment. We are all in this together!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 160/155/110

Height: 5'1"

So its my first day, and I'm trying to decide when the best time to eat the snack is. Any advice??
Old 04-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatetolosegirl View Post
It's been a couple of weeks since I posted. Just wanted to quickly give my progress update. Had my 14th weigh in yesterday and lost 1.25 lbs. I am getting smaller and smaller Size 2 Ann Taylor pants are getting loose!
Omg that is great. By the way love your knowledge with this diet. Nancy
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #98  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

I made this last night....it was awesome!!!!

MOCK BAKED "APPLES" / "APPLE" TART:
You can make just baked "apples" (my preference) or use your Ideal Protein Oatmeal to make a crust for a pie/tart.

Ingredients:

1 large zucchini
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 pinch salt
2 packets sweetener (like Truvia or Splenda)
1 tsp or more Apple Pie Spice (You can also make your own with recipe below)
1 tsp vanilla or 1 TB DaVinci/Torani Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup

for Tart:
Make IP Oatmeal according to directions (Can use a bit less water)

Directions:

1. Cut zucchini into circular disks, then cut in half to make apple slices
2. Toss togetherzucchini, lemon juice and salt. Place mixture into frying pan and cook until tender-crisp.

Note: If you are concerned about using so much lemon juice, you can cut it to 2TB. It will still taste great, but won't have a "syrupy" texture. Just make sure not to dry out when baking.
3. Midway through cooking the zucchini, add in the spices, sweetener, and vanilla. I use more than 1 tsp of the spice because I like it strong.
4. If making just the apples, lightly spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray or "I Cant Believe Its Not Butter" spray. Lay down the zucchini pies like a pie. Drizzle over the top any extra lemon juice.
5. Bake in oven at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 15-30 minutes until done. (taste at 15 min. Less time is crisp apple. More time is soft apple)

Note that the lemon juice can be quite strong. You can add a bit more sweetener to cut the sour. I use the Sugar-Free Vanilla syrup to raise the sweetness without the risk of too much of the sweetener packets. Also good with Sugar-Free Toasted Marshmallow.

If you are making the tart, make the IP Oatmeal according to directions (maybe use a bit less water) and spoon into the glass pie pan with non-stick spray. Layer "apples" on top. Bake according to directions.

The taste of the tart is quite good, but not quite what I expected and I dont like using a restricted product (oatmeal) for this when the regular baked apples by themselves are so good.

Apple Pie Spice:
Ingredients:
•1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
•1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
•1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional, but I use this all the time. Make sure the cardamom is ground finely)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients. If you make extra, store in an airtight container.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #99  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by atho128 View Post
So its my first day, and I'm trying to decide when the best time to eat the snack is. Any advice??
I have mine at night before I go to bed. I am never hungry during the day. Some have it between 3-4pm because that seems to be the period between lunch and dinner when they get hungry. Its really up to you as to when you have it, when are you hungry most?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Although good information....I think you should be careful posting someone else's email address on this board. :/ It's now on here twice, if I could suggestion something, I would go back and edit her email out of your posts.

Hope I haven't offended, I just wouldn't share that if I was you.

Last edited by Ishbel; 04-26-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #101  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Ok here is a link to week 51 Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r6r9...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok here is a link to week 51 Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r6r9...ature=youtu.be
Love your video updates. YOu are awesome
Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortcake224 View Post
You'll be fine. Don't stress too much!
Thanks for the encouragement Shortcake, Im feeling much better about it just excited. I did the forbidden and got on the forbidden scale at home so I dont want to get too excited yet. I need to get rid of the scales at home they cause pressure lol
Old 04-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChill View Post
Good-morning All!!

I was going to post this on yesterdays wall but its been closed. And I am not trying to harp on the subject but I think it's an important thing for everyone's program. I'm bringing up the dreaded BlueCran Granata drink! I too faced much confusion regarding this product. I only feel confident now saying that it is indeed not a countable protein because of two reasons:

First, my coach who was not aware of this until I spoke to her about it, received confirmation on Monday when she attended an Ideal Protein conference and asked the Ideal Protein rep, who confirmed that it was not a countable protein.

Second, below is the email that I received directly from Ideal Protein:

Good Afternoon,

The BlueCran Granata drink would not count as one of your 3 daily proteins. You can use it but you would have to have something else with it.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you and have a great day

---
Natasha Stewart
Client Relations – New clinics
Service à la clientèle – Nouveaux centres
Ideal Protein
202-178 rue Jean-Proulx
Gatineau (Québec) J8Z 1V3
Phone: 1.866.314.4447 # 261
819.772.0416 (fax)
[email protected]
www.idealprotein.com

I encourage you to discuss with your coach, or you yourself get clarification from Ideal Protein. I understand the plan is working but if removing this as a protein and adding one that actually counts can help with an addition .4 of a lb, then it's worth it!

I'm not a pro on this program but I thinks its important information!
Hi Ms Chill,

I am new at this, and just curious. Why wouldn't this be considered a proteing? It is low in protein, or something else? Please clarify.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #105  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I had the best time yesterday on a 3 hour trail ride with my fox hunter friends in Middleburg, VA! Still basking in the afterglow, lol. Seriously I was on cloud 9 the rest of the day because we rode through new trails with lots of cantering and trotting and my horse was so good! I felt energized all over and still do! This is something I (and my horse with me on him) couldn't easily do with the excess weight.

In September '11, I needed a hacking jacket and couldn't fit into the largest woman's size jacket in the store. The store owner said, "it doesn't matter, let's go to the men's coats they're all the same." Well, it did matter and it mattered a lot to me. I went back to the same tack store and walked past the largest sizes and halfway down the aisle to size 12 and was able to wear it beautifully! Then, I went to the tall boots and whereas none fit in September '11, I found 2 pairs that fit and was absolutely thrilled!! I didn't buy anything because I have a long way until goal. But, I know that if I needed them, I could buy them off the rack without adjustments. Yay!!!!!
Closed Thread