Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #196  
Started IP April 4, 2012

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile2laugh View Post
Just wanted to congratulate all those who had such awesome WI s today!
& wearing smaller sizes-- you're our inspiration!
Made myself a Big Mac in a bowl for dinner - it was great but was tried to make the zucchini fries - yuck they were all mushy . I thought I followed it right?? IDK
Mine turned out mushy, too... but I liked them anyway. The only time I can get them kind of crispy is when I microwave them.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 156/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi! Reading these posts is encouraging and helpful. I'm restarting the plan because the first time I did it I made the horrible mistake of getting to my goal weight on phase 2 and then going lax...WAY too lax! My nutritionist is awesome, but located across the country so I don't get that weekly face to face contact that would help me be more accountable....however I know this is all on ME so finding this board will be helpful through my journey!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #198  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile2laugh View Post
Made myself a Big Mac in a bowl for dinner - it was great but was tried to make the zucchini fries - yuck they were all mushy . I thought I followed it right?? IDK
I didn't have luck with the zucchini fries either. Have you tried the turnip fries? Never in my life would I have thought I would eat turnips, but these are delish. Even my "never ever had to diet" DH loves them.

Crispy Turnip Fries
8 med. turnips
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ground paprika

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Pare and cut turnips into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch sticks.
In gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Add turnips; seal bag, squeezing out air; toss to coat turnips. Place turnips on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until turnips are tender and golden. Makes 8 servings.

Molly
Old 04-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinered View Post
I must admit I am curious how much I will need to lose before people start to notice. I look forward to posting the first time someone asks, "Gee, have you lost weight?"

Isn't that one of the best parts of losing weight besides the fun of fitting in the old clothes and of course, feeling better?

For those who were over 250 start weight, how much did you lose before people started noticing? Just curious.
I have lost almost 40 pounds since I started in Feb. My family notices it, my husband said today that you can really tell now....other people that I have seen are saying, "you're looking good", so they might either not want to say anything or they notice that I am looking better, I know I'm definitely feeling better.....so where in the Pacific NW do you live, I'm 15 miles SE of Seattle....
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #200  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
I had my 16th week weigh in on Saturday and I'm at 42 pounds gone forever and I hit Onederland! Feeling so good. Just a little nervous as to what summer will bring, but just have to take it one day at a time. Keep up the good work everyone!
WHOOO HOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
I have some excellent news myself: WI #17 and another 6.6 lbs are GONE!!! That's over 70 lbs that will NEVER come back. I am finally officially in onederland after being teased by my scale at home over the past 2 weeks. Feels so good!
Next mini goal is 100 pounds gone by mid-July. Gotta stay 100% OP and 100% committed!
Whoo Hoo on onederland!!!!! I hope to be at the 100 lb mark myself by early summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Understand. I've lost 43 lbs and no one says anything. There was a lot of posts on this a few weeks ago in one of the daily threads. Some thoughts were they were afraid to say something as it might be offensive. Others were about what some people think with those of us who are "yo-yo" dieters. Why say anything, she'll just gain it all back again soon.

Comments are a nice NSV, but I know what I've lost, how I feel, and how I look and that's all that counts.

Just my thoughts.
Molly
You are right Molly. We have to do this for ourselves and our health. It took forever, and I mean a good 70 lbs before anyone other than my family would even say anything to me. We have to look for validation within ourselves, and not from others.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #201  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Had dinner at the inlaws tonight, they are on IP and actually got me into it. They made cauliflower "rice" with chicken stock(?) that was amazing and actually tasted buttery, but no butter was used, and turnips that were cooked long enough with garlic and a bit of whipping cream to cut up just like baked potatoes, and cajun chicken sooo yum
In other news, today I feel good, I don't know how to describe it, just, good. No headache, wasn't hungry, class was a nightmare but I soldiered through it, and I "feel" skinny, it's nuts. I slept great and woke up early but wasn't exhausted like normal, and aside from class, my day went amazingly.
Really looking forward to my first WI on Monday (t-minus 3.10 days!)
Well, off to bed , all of 10:10PM wow I'm getting used to going to bed early! Have a good night all!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Wanted to check in and share my first WI results. 10 lost and 7.75 inches. To say I am so happy with myself is an understatement. Thanks all for this forum that kept me on track. Now pushing to get ready for another wonderful week.

So excited for you Prettyone. I knew it would be a big loss. I dont know what you were worried about. Congrats one week down!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #203  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

1st weigh in tomorrow morning! Can't wait. My Mom weighed in this afternoon and lost 5.6 lbs. Hooray for her!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #204  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Wuv, thank you for sharing your video! The pictures are great, but it is great "meeting you" via video. And I'll have to remember your advice to start taking pictures - will love having the journey documented like you do.
To me having the pictures to see everyday make a difference as to where I was and how far I have come. I just started the video's about a month ago I wish I would of did it from the beginning. My son just told me that if I get enough subscribers on my video YOUTUBE will PAY ME!......so go subscribe to it!....lol....every little bit of money helps!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Default Potato purée

Is this a restricted item?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #206  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawebb View Post
Is this a restricted item?
Nope!!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #207  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgalanter View Post
Hello everyone- this is my 1st post as I am getting ready to start on IP and reading now everything that I can have my hands on. However, i could not find anywhere explanation on usage of 1/2 teaspoon of salt daily.
I don't have a coach as i am doing it on my own.
Is 1/2 tsp is minimal or maximum requirement?
Why?

I am not sure I can tolerate so much salt.
Thank you for all advices.
Victoria
I was talking with a doctor the other day on the subject of water poisoning and salt intake and related issues. I'd had a bad blackout when I gave blood a week or so ago (possibly even a seizure), and we determined that one of the contributing factors was all the water I had drunk before I donated. I was trying to make my veins nice and full and easy to see, which did happen, but led to other undesirable results!! Anyway, drinking all the water we are supposed to drink can still leave us dehydrated if we don't have enough salt to make the water stay in our bloodstream. If we don't have the salt, the water will leave the bloodstream and head to where the salt is. (I am doing a horrible job of explaining this, but I remember learning about it in highschool biology!)

A few days ago, in the daily chat, Sewmama asked if it was possible to drink too much water. Someone answered her with a very informational blurb. Maybe she will chime in here and link it. The salt is related to helping us process the water, as far as I understand it.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #208  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Wanted to check in and share my first WI results. 10 lost and 7.75 inches. To say I am so happy with myself is an understatement. Thanks all for this forum that kept me on track. Now pushing to get ready for another wonderful week.
WHOOO HOOOO Prettyone. I am so happy for you. I knew you would do great, you have such a great attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChill View Post
Can someone say............EXCITED!!!! What a major uplift this afternoon. I don't know how it happened but I ended up in the mall the afternoon. DARN IT, right! LOL

When I started this journey in January I was a tight size 14, borderline 16. Fitting XL, borderline XXL shirts.

Well, I wanted to pick up a couple of skirts to cover me for work until I reached my goal cause most of my closet was to big. I started with an 11....too big.....then tried a 10....still a little big. I purchased an 8!!!!!
Cheers to you all!
What an amazing feeling that must have been. I am dreaming of being a size 8. For many years I was dreaming getting to a 16. Now I that I am in a 14 I actually believe that I can achieve the 8. So happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
What an uplifting board today. Unfortunately I am having a bit of a down day. Hungry for no reason. Could eat the desk or the iPad. This program and these boards have given me the tools to be gentle on myself these days but still 100 percent. Fatigue is a trigger. Frustration. Stress.
You have great determination and you are using the tools you have learned to deal with the down days. Thanks for being an inspiration to many of us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgalanter View Post
Hello everyone- this is my 1st post as I am getting ready to start on IP and reading now everything that I can have my hands on. However, i could not find anywhere explanation on usage of 1/2 teaspoon of salt daily.
I don't have a coach as i am doing it on my own.
Is 1/2 tsp is minimal or maximum requirement?
Why?

I am not sure I can tolerate so much salt.
Thank you for all advices.
Victoria
Hi Victoria & welcome. My coach says that the salt helps us to restore elctrolytes that we lose while doing this program. She also said that it helps us to release water retention. (which I didnt understand beacuse I always thought salt made us hold water). The sea salt also has minerals in it that we are not getting on this program. Its not to hard to get in each day, sprinkle it on your veggies and some on here put it in their water to get it in. Good luck on yor journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthesun View Post
Hi! I'm restarting the plan because the first time I did it I made the horrible mistake of getting to my goal weight on phase 2 and then going lax...WAY too lax!
Welcome back luvthesun. I am so afraid of falling back into my old patterns when I am done with this program. It goes to show that phasing off correctly is important. Thanks for sharing with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
1st weigh in tomorrow morning! Can't wait. My Mom weighed in this afternoon and lost 5.6 lbs. Hooray for her!
Good luck with WI today.
Closed Thread