Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

WUV, loved your new video. It will be interesting to hear what the doctor says about the excess skin. I keep wondering how much of my middle is actually excess skin.

I had a bit of a brain "blink" while watching your video. It was when you said "since starting IP". I realized after that I write IP all the time but never heard it outloud. For a second I thought you said you had lost weight since you "started to pee"!! Then my second thought was; "Well that is true!

Pat
Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

This site is so uplifting and inspirational. I come and look at everyone's posts on a daily basis. I've decided it is time to get more involved. On week three of 100% OP and love the diet. It is so easy and this forum really give us the support we need! Thanks all for sharing your lives on IP here with us all!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #138  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisab View Post
I'm on week two of IP. first week lost 6.9. middle of second week and not only am I not losing, scale was UP this morning. Not TOM. What is the deal? very upset!!
Don't weigh daily, water weight can change on the fly and your body could be breaking something down in the meantime that hasn't had time to burn off yet. I've weighed .4 lbs lighter an hour after i got up for the day, so don't focus on the daily weight so much as the weekly and focus on getting your nutrients in.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

I just read a great quote "What you eat in private you wear in public"
Old 04-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Hi and Welcome. The hardest thing for me to do when I starte IP was NOT weight myself everyday and just leave it for my official WI day. I still am not as good as I can be about not weighing everyday, but if you can make yourself stay off of the scale you will be better off for it.
I love the pair of donkeys are they yours? I've had horses all my life!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider04 View Post
I love the pair of donkeys are they yours? I've had horses all my life!
Hi lowrider, the donkey's aren't mine just a picture I thought was cute. I do have a TN Walking horse, I should put a picture of him in my profile. What kind of horses do you have?

Last edited by MustangMolly; 04-26-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I just read a great quote "What you eat in private you wear in public"
Boy isn't that the truth! Aren't we all glad we are on the road to a healthy way of eating and sharing it with the world. Thanks for sharing such a great quote.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
So much news on here today, what fun reading! Keep posting everyone! I apologize this is so long.

So the anesthesia wore off yesterday(I think) but I'm doing really goofy things today. For example, I was making my much loved vanilla spinach shake and thought, oh, I'll put in some choc stevia as a flavor enhancement. I did that. Then I immediately forgot I did that and my eyes wandered over to my Mio collection and I thought, oh, I'll make a creamsicle shake. So I pick that up and I squeeze in so much that my drink turned orange!! I knew better than to do that and two days ago would have put in 5 -6 drops, maybe 10 drops...However, I didn't want to throw it out so I drank it and it wasn't bad but I wouldn't recommend it. So maybe the anesthesia is still lingering here - definitely don't feel 100%. But enough about me. I'm not driving or operating any heavy machinery today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atho128 View Post
It's my very first day one IP! Started off with a dark chocolate pudding and it was SO good! Can't wait to try all the other food and I'm so excited to stay OP 100%!
Glad you are enjoying the food. You'll find favorites - I like the pancakes and have them every morning. Today I took my WF caramel syrup and heated it w/ 75% pancake syrup for my pancake. Tasty! I also like the shakes - especially with spinach as it adds body and extra flavorings (but watch how much of those flavorings you add - heeheehee).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I KNOW!!! I feel like I should be locked in a padded room.. TOM symptoms have never been this bad.. I wonder if somehow IP makes it worse? LOL I'd be happy to blame anything on it at this point. We will get past this!
Hi Cassie,
I stopped having TOM 2 years ago this July however on IP, every few weeks it feels like I'm getting premenstrual cramps. Luckily that's all it is. Has to be the estrogen in the fat being released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
As for me, I am feeling skinny today... Love it! I look in the mirror today and literally said out loud "That's not my a**". It is looking good!

Have a great OP day everyone! Volleyball tonight. Whoot whoot!
I totally love your attitude and choice of emoticons!! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
I would definitely phase off...I know someone bumped a vacation post by Jennydoodle recently about phasing off for vacation and I'd take a look at it...I've been interested in this as well as I'm going on vacation at the end of June and won't be OP...from everything I understand and have read it is incredibly important to reintroduce carbs to your body methodically and carefully (P3 of IP) or you can gain a lot of fat back very quickly. I'm no coach...just what I've learned by reading...I'm sure others have more info as well!
Please phase off properly!! Don't have a nasty rebound effect when you absolutely don't have to. Folks say its always harder to go back to square one and while this won't be completely square one, do what's best for you and phase off.

Read the JennyDoodle post about phasing off for a very, very indulgent vacation and how well she fared because she did it the right way. You can enjoy more food and drink w/o pain at the scale later if you do it the IP way. I'm in the process of phasing off for a food and wine tour of French and Italian Riviera's starting 3rd week of May. For me, its 2 weeks of phase 2, 2 weeks of phase 3 and then doing my best to be on phase 3 while there w/ plenty of IP bars, but absolutely not sweating it. I'll undo the damage when I return but honestly expect there to be minimal damage. I have all my food ready for when I return for an immediate return to phase 1, along with my motivational notes so I don't conveniently forget about IP.

How many weeks do you have till you go away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ng951 View Post
Morning everyone and welcome all the newbies. WI today and lost 4lbs for a total of 49lbs. Next week I will be out of the 200's. Yeah I can't believe it. Yesterday I had on a pair of red skinny jeans . I would put a picture up but I Can't figure out how to post it. Have a great day! Nancy
Wow!! I AM EXCITED FOR YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lace and Levis View Post
Good Morning Chloe,
I'm really happy your surgery went well. You take care of yourself as your body heals.
Thanks Lace! Feeling really ditsy today but happy to be back on these boards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatetolosegirl View Post
It's been a couple of weeks since I posted. Just wanted to quickly give my progress update. Had my 14th weigh in yesterday and lost 1.25 lbs. I am getting smaller and smaller Size 2 Ann Taylor pants are getting loose!
Desperate,
You are EXACTLY where I want to be. Look at my stats. We're the same height, I am currently 159. In my heart of hearts, I want to be 130.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok here is a link to week 51 Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r6r9...ature=youtu.be
Wuv, Not only are you gorgeous, you have a wonderful speaking voice. Like the previous poster said (don't recall who at this time - that anesthesia - really feel woozy...) you should do short videos for IP or another diet program...start your own company as diet support since you know so much and no one can do support like you. You don't need a medical degree - they have that angle covered already - what they don't have is credible, personal support like you. PM me later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
I had the best time yesterday on a 3 hour trail ride with my fox hunter friends in Middleburg, VA! Still basking in the afterglow, lol. Seriously I was on cloud 9 the rest of the day because we rode through new trails with lots of cantering and trotting and my horse was so good! I felt energized all over and still do! This is something I (and my horse with me on him) couldn't easily do with the excess weight.

In September '11, I needed a hacking jacket and couldn't fit into the largest woman's size jacket in the store. The store owner said, "it doesn't matter, let's go to the men's coats they're all the same." Well, it did matter and it mattered a lot to me. I went back to the same tack store and walked past the largest sizes and halfway down the aisle to size 12 and was able to wear it beautifully! Then, I went to the tall boots and whereas none fit in September '11, I found 2 pairs that fit and was absolutely thrilled!! I didn't buy anything because I have a long way until goal. But, I know that if I needed them, I could buy them off the rack without adjustments. Yay!!!!!
Wow, that is one of the best NSVs!! And you are gorgeous, show if off! Enjoy this wonderful feeling, bottle it if you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie View Post
Hello everyone, im new here and so glad I found this website it's very encouraging. I sit in our fith wheel all day while DH works. We don't stay in one place permanently. I was lucky enough to find a women's gym to workout while we are here . Hope everyone has a great Thursday
We're here for you every step of the way. You'll do so well on IP with this group behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
I had my 16th week weigh in on Saturday and I'm at 42 pounds gone forever and I hit Onederland! Feeling so good. Just a little nervous as to what summer will bring, but just have to take it one day at a time. Keep up the good work everyone!
That is A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT YOU HAVE COMING UP!

Quote:
For those of you wondering when someone is going to notice your weight loss I am wondering if you are still wearing the same clothes you used to wear. The reason I ask is because I got in the mail today a size XL shirt and it is the regular XL not Womans XL, anyway, I tried it on and showed a friend who told me how much better it looked than the one I had on---an old one from my days before IP---anyway after seeing myself in the shirt that fit better and then putting back on the one that I have had for years I quickly realized why some people may not notice I have lost weight. Proper fitting clothes really do make a difference.
You are so right. And then comes the new hairstyle and all those extras, better skin care (clean your skin thoroughly w/ something like a Clarisonic machine), use eyelash lengtheners (Latisse), new nail polish, all the fun flirty things we may have let go. Now ladies, is the time to start planning his!! No matter what your age! You are worth it - start with just a new nail polish this month if that's all you can or want to do - but consider doing those extra things you did when you felt totally alive and beautiful. Hope this doesn't offend anyone. This is just the kind of conversations my girlfriends and I have and wanted to share with all of you.

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-26-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Oh my!! Yay! Whooooppppeeeeeee!

I have so struggled lately! Can't seem to face all my veggies some days. Water sometimes a challenge. I have not had crazy foods or gone to eating carbs or anything, but still just struggling with it. So afraid to step on the scales and finally just gutted up to it. Another 5lbs gone!!!

Just keep going at the best that you can! I am back on track today and feeling good about my planning of my eating. Seemed like I fell in a dark hole the last week or so. But, I have to tell myself this is a process. Weight loss isn't linear. Old habits of body/mind resist change. But,I can say that even with me clinging by a thread....IP has worked some great things!!

Had some bloodwork today. Blood sugar 99! and me a Type 2 diabetic off meds thanks to IP! cholesteral 122! I even had some HDLs which are normally abysmally low in me! I am still overweight, but no longer obese! I was at a health fair at my hubby's office. Several booths and the bloodwork available. Oh...they were serving cookies and ice cream! whaaaaa?!? Thankfully there was free salad so I had two heaping plate fulls.

Still flying high and realizing this diet plan so works in sooo many ways!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #145  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Please phase off properly!! Don't have a nasty rebound effect when you absolutely don't have to. Folks say its always harder to go back to square one and while this won't be completely square one, do what's best for you and phase off.

Read the JennyDoodle post about phasing off for a very, very indulgent vacation and how well she fared because she did it the right way. You can enjoy more food and drink w/o pain at the scale later if you do it the IP way. I'm in the process of phasing off for a food and wine tour of French and Italian Riviera's starting 3rd week of May. For me, its 2 weeks of phase 2, 2 weeks of phase 3 and then doing my best to be on phase 3 while there w/ plenty of IP bars, but absolutely not sweating it. I'll undo the damage when I return but honestly expect there to be minimal damage. I have all my food ready for when I return for an immediate return to phase 1, along with my motivational notes so I don't conveniently forget about IP.

How many weeks do you have till you go away?
Thanks for the replies everyone. I leave May 17th so if I start phase 2 tomorrow for 2 weeks then do phase 3 from the 11th until i get back on the 24th that should be better for my body don't u think.

I know phase 2 is adding 6-8 oz of protein to lunch instead of a IP pack. But does that mean I stop the restricted or one of the others?

I'll also have to read up on phase 3 but at least I have some time to do that.

One last thing we can have Perrier, right? I had some for dinner with the walmart brand of lemonade MIO. Tasted like pop!! and I haven't had pop since January 3rd!!! So now I feel guilty... lol
Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
As I sit here eating my afternoon snack of "baked apples" I have to thank whoever posted the recipe for the zuchini cooked with apple pie spice. For anyone who has kids who won't eat veggis try this. The kids will think it is baked apple slices.
Really? I love baked apples and I'm really missing fruit but I don't like the taste of zuchini at all...was wondering how much zuchini taste was left over...
Old 04-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #147  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimmer1991 View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
I had a slip up last Sunday in a bad way. It was really confusing, I was OMSing hardcore, having issues with my boyfriends friends. Just so many factors, that made me feel really weak. So when we were at his friends house I felt embarrassed to do the ideal stuff in front of them. (They are all males, and I just didn't know how to adjust). I knew after that it was a big mistake and wasn't worth it. I should have planned better, and recognized my PMS was making my decisions not me.
You will learn on your journey that YOU are the one that is in control of what you put in your mouth. YOU need to make the decision if you want the weighloss MORE than that _____. Just because you were having issues you didn't have to have what you had. You should of said to yourself.....Don't eat that, you will be happier if you don't because if you do you will feel guilty. Emotional eating is what a lot of us have done over the years, its now time to deal with those emotions and put them somewhere else besides food. ALWAYS be prepared. I ALWAYS carry my liter bottle of water with me EVERYWHERE, sometimes I leave my purse behind but I be damned I will have that bottle of water....lol...water and gum are ALWAYS on me. If I find something tempting I will stick a piece of gum in my mouth because I know I will not waste that gum. Just passing on what I would do....its just my way of handling situations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hi Chloe - somebody posted a link, I think it was to the Finn collection of recipes, but now I can't find it in his list. Couldn't find it in the Maintainers or Phase 3 threads either...it must have been in a daily chat in the past week.
Here is the link to Finn's page
https://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja?ref=ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Wuv,
I just watched your week 51 video. It is the first one that I have seen of you (I always see your photo's - amazing). I just wanted to say that you have a really remarkable speaking voice. I truly enjoyed listening to you. You would do well at making IP videos and doing speaking engagements!
R.
THANKS TO EVERYONE whom has commented on my video. I just people to know that THIS IS ME....this program WORKS wonders!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
WUV, loved your new video. It will be interesting to hear what the doctor says about the excess skin. I keep wondering how much of my middle is actually excess skin.

I had a bit of a brain "blink" while watching your video. It was when you said "since starting IP". I realized after that I write IP all the time but never heard it outloud. For a second I thought you said you had lost weight since you "started to pee"!! Then my second thought was; "Well that is true!

Pat
Pat that is funny but you had me repeating it to myself. I guess my southern accent made it sound like that....Thanks for the laugh....lol...I guess only us here on 3fc know what IP stands for.....lol
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
[COLOR="Indigo"]

Here is the link to Finn's page
https://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja?ref=ts

Ah...thanks! I thought I was missing something...I'm saving this as a bookmark. I don't know if this IP'r is a chef or what, but very creative stuff!

I am house sitting at my neighbors for a couple days, and reception is so much better here that I'll finally be able to watch your videos!

Wow...I just watched the latest video and you are glowing! Just lovely and inspirational to so many!

Last edited by Sewmam; 04-26-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #149  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Wow, lots going on here. I love all the talk about fitting into smaller sizes! Makes my heart smile for ya'll!

I don't know why but I have been hungry (like I am going to start gnawing my arm off hungry) every other day. I changed my supplements like I was told to, I stretch out my veggies because of the huge gap between my lunch and dinner and I am only hungry every other day. I wonder if it is because I don't get enough protein and veggies the days I am not hungry, so then I am making up for it the next day? I have been 100% OP, just hate those feelings.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Oh my!! Yay! Whooooppppeeeeeee!

I have so struggled lately! Can't seem to face all my veggies some days. Water sometimes a challenge. I have not had crazy foods or gone to eating carbs or anything, but still just struggling with it. So afraid to step on the scales and finally just gutted up to it. Another 5lbs gone!!!

Just keep going at the best that you can! I am back on track today and feeling good about my planning of my eating. Seemed like I fell in a dark hole the last week or so. But, I have to tell myself this is a process. Weight loss isn't linear. Old habits of body/mind resist change. But,I can say that even with me clinging by a thread....IP has worked some great things!!

Had some bloodwork today. Blood sugar 99! and me a Type 2 diabetic off meds thanks to IP! cholesteral 122! I even had some HDLs which are normally abysmally low in me! I am still overweight, but no longer obese! I was at a health fair at my hubby's office. Several booths and the bloodwork available. Oh...they were serving cookies and ice cream! whaaaaa?!? Thankfully there was free salad so I had two heaping plate fulls.

Still flying high and realizing this diet plan so works in sooo many ways!
That's great news and amazing bloodwork! Congrats!!!! Fly away!!!
Closed Thread