Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/136/112

Default Help, not sure where to ask this....

There is no coach at the weight loss center I am going to. I am working with a nurse practitioner. She told me her IP trainer said that the 2 eggs is a misprint, and if you are using eggs as your protein source it should be at least 5 whole eggs. I was using 2 as the sheet said, but my calories were between 500-600 per day. She said that was too low, and could pull me out of ketosis and send me into starvation mode. Has anyone else heard about this misprint/ 5 egg thing? In addition, I have searched this site over, and was wondering if there is an updated nutritional facts sheet, order sheet, and sample meals sheet somewhere? I only have one because I pulled it from here, it seems outdated and the mango drink is not on there. I am sorry to ask, but also would anyone by chance know if the mango drink is restricted? I know it is 9 carbs, but there is also 5 fiber, so doesn't that bring it down to 4 carbs in reality?
Lastly, does anyone have a clue as to the calories we are supposed to maintain on this diet? I was just told 800-1000.
I am sorry if my post is in the wrong place. I have waited 2 weeks to post, because I scoured this site, and didn't know where to put anything.
Thank you for any assistance you may offer.

Last edited by Ladyonadiet; 04-24-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Ladyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #2  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

I have never heard the 5 egg thing....and in phase one you really don't need to count calories. just follow the sheet and it will work

the best place to find the updated protocols sheets are in the sticky threads above. they are listed as downloadable files.

it sounds like your nurse is giving you some weird info.
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #3  

Thank you Sarabean.

Also, has anyone been told about sleep? That you need 7 to 8 hours of sleep in an evening to properly lose weight?

Last edited by Ladyonadiet; 04-24-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyonadiet View Post
Thank you Sarabean.

Also, has anyone been told about sleep? That you need 7 to 8 hours of sleep in an evening to properly lose weight?
My coach has never said anything, but that would match my experience. I have very weird sleep schedules with many sleep deprived nights. The weeks in which I get the best sleep are definitely my weeks with bigger losses.

I know there have been many recent studies on the correlation between crummy sleep and obesity. And I am quite the poster child!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

My clinic was clear that it should be 3 eggs...that's what I've been doing and it's been fine...I find that I am exhausted and sleep like a rock...usually 9-10 hours a night...I used to get up early to exercise but since I'm not exercising yet on P1 and when I do it will be lighter I have the extra time to sleep...I've heard it helps with weight loss but I just can't stay awake...it's like ketosis is wearing me out!
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #6  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

BTW. mango drink is not restricted
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

My coach DID recently advise from 3 to 5 eggs, rather than just 2. It can be 3 whole eggs, or a combo of whole eggs and egg whites. I think it is a new modification to the protocol.

Remember, as others have said, you don't have to count calories or protein grams or carbs, BUT what your nurse practitioner might be seeing, if eggs is your typical dinner choice, is that you are not getting enough protein or calories overall. The goal for dinner is about 40g of protein. 5 eggs would provide about 30g protein and 350 calories. Compare that to 8 oz of raw chicken breast which is 340 calories and and 46g protein or 8 oz of steak which is about 320 calories and 46g of protein (info from myfitnesspal). When you rotate what you eat, it all comes out OK over the course of the week. (And yes, the 800 to 1000 average per day is about right on the calories.)

The Mango Drink, both the mix and the bottle, are NOT restricted.

I haven't seen an updated order sheet posted--does your nurse practitioner carry all the IP items? The "latest" sheet is in the stickies, but it has a 2011 date and isn't going to show the recent egg information.

On the sleep, I have also read that getting enough sleep is really important for weight control as well.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Don't worry about counting anything on this diet. IP has done everything for you and all you have to worry about is getting everything in, in EXACTLY the proportions on the sheet. Eating less will not make you lose quicker. If it's unrestricted, don't worry about the carb count. I did all this, too, and finally figured out all I had to do was what everyone said which was "just follow the sheet". Once in Ketosis, what you don't get in food, your body gets from it's own fat.

Last edited by JoesHotWife; 04-24-2012 at 10:15 PM.
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyonadiet View Post
Thank you Sarabean.

Have never heard 5 eggs, and I think she might be wrong. That said my coach disagrees with the 2 eggs = your 8oz of protein. She suggest 3 eggs would be more appropriate. The mango drink is not restricted, and yes the net carbs would be 4 grams then. As for the sleep issue, I have read in other places that one does need 7 to 8 hours to stay healthy, etc. Never heard that info from IP though.

I've heard IP is around 700 too 900 calories approximately, and the carbs can vary from 25 to 40 depending on what you eat for your dinner meal. Some people loose great at 40 grams and others need to be lower. However as long as you follow the protocol sheet I really wouldn't worry about the calories or the carbs, unless you just can't loose for some strange reason.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #10  

Thank you so much Eveyone! I truly appreciate you taking your the time to respond and help me!!! It is so wonderful to have your support.
I have had all the charts from the sticky thread, but was still left wondering as I have no coach. My Nurse is great, and only giving me the info she received from IP, but I always want as much information as possible so that I may be as successful as possible. I am not a meat eater.
Thank you so much for the Mango Information as well! This makes life so much better!
Interesting fact.....the only reason I knew my calories was for the kick of it I went to the "my plate" application at livestrong, just out of curiousity to see how many calories, carbs, fats, proteins, cholesterol, sodium, etc....I was taking in. That is why I knew my caloric intake. I know of this program from when I was working with a trainer before, and monitoring such things. I also recall when doing my research to decide which program I wanted to do, this was considered a medium low program, lets say Vs the HCG diet I heard about from my doctor, which is considered ultra low, and definitely a starvation diet. So coming from that regard, I knew there was a vast difference between starvation (ultra low caloric intake) and Ketosis (med low caloric intake.) My primary intention is to be loosing weight via ketosis! I have no idea if I am or not. I am thinking about getting those strips I read about somewhere on this site.

Yes, my nurse carries all of the items, she is so caring, helpful and is good with the congratulations and motivation. She does not stock the walden farms items, they are by order, but I don't need them. I am in the US, so there are some items not available here. That is a shame. We do not have access to the liquid collagen, and a few of the snacks I would love. (I am trying to find a way to get them from canada or europe. I just haven't figured it out yet.) However, she is fully stocked otherwise.

My nurse is wonderful, she cares, listens, is patient, congratulatory and motivating. She spends the time needed with me without rushing and is always genuinely interested in making this work for and help me. I aprreciate her immensely. It is just that there is no coach. Also, my first experience at an IP clinic was beyond horrible and disgraceful. These people used fear based marketing and tactics, tried to make you be "selected" to join "their club" and were put out by valid questions about nutritional content and breakdown, aerobic/anaerobic states, etc.... You were required to take before and after photos. During a workshop, where I had researched most of the information they were giving, the coach sat there and deferred to some guy and never said a word. I was waiting 2 weeks to start the program, I have a deadline to fit into a dress for an upcoming wedding and time is very important. However, this workshop was going to reduce the fee of the consultation, so I thought I would save and put it toward my food. Then the date and time were changed and I was not properly informed, just happened to catch the change, and they said there would be samples to take home, but at the end the only thing to take home was the $200 bag you could purchase. That was my first experience, and I am not dealing with those kinds of people. However, they did have daily sheets with examples of meals, etc..... I can't find anything like that anywhere. Does anyone know of such a thing?

I Thank you all again for taking the time to read, respond and help me! I wish you all the best of luck with your weight loss goals and all of your future endeavors!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #11  

I don't know about 5 eggs, but I did try boot camp to break thru my plateau. I stopped losing weight and inches until I started following the plan as it is presented again.

I don't recommend boot camp! It set me back and I missed real food. Do the program as it is shown and you will have success.
magpieoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I had not heard about the 5 egg thing, but they are changing stuff all the time.

FYI, "Eggland's Best" eggs has more protein in them than the other brands. I don't know why, but that's what their label says. Egg whites are another good way to add protein without alot of fat or carbs.

Really, if you just get the 3 IP products everyday, and the 4 cups vegees and meat, salt/oil/supplements, you should do fine, no counting needed. Less stress that way. IP has their own approach to the protein diet, so, for me, it was simpler to just do what their charts show.

Ask away though - that's what we're here for and we love helping !!!

...Just reread your post and here's what I lived on for over a year:

Breakfast: usually an IP drink or pudding, mixed with the IP Vanilla premade, diluted with an additional cup of water, over ice. Makes 2 portions, so I'd save one for the next day.
Lunch: 2 cups of vegees, boiled with water to cover, then pureed with immersion blender; dissolve mushroom or chicken IP soup in shaker and add to vegees to warm up. Later on, I added a salad to lunch with WF dressings.
Dinner: 2 tsp olive oil to stir-fry 2 cups of vegees, served over a big bowl of head lettuce or romaine with meat, WF dressings.
Snack: I had mine at night, before 8pm; either a frozen IP drink concoction or a bar.

For vegees, I had mostly mushrooms, green peppers, hot peppers, green onions, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, zuchini, some turnips, some tomatoes (the 2/wk vegees). For meat, I had mostly turkey, chicken, pork tenderloin, some beef, some fish (w/be more but it's expensive).
I liked to vary the spices all the time, and made goals to try a new vegee or recipe every week.

Good luck!

Last edited by Sewmam; 04-25-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

The only thing IP puts out is the Phase 1 sheet. I think if they had a meal ideas sheet, that was something they did on their own. Do you have that phase 1 sheet?
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

My coach said if I'm going to have 2 eggs with your main meal to add 2 eggs whites.

Last edited by ProteinGal; 04-26-2012 at 01:03 AM.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesHotWife View Post
The only thing IP puts out is the Phase 1 sheet. Do you have that phase 1 sheet?
I believe I do have it, is that the one that has the the huge blue columns on top? If so, then yes, I have that. Thank you so much!

Many many thanks to everyone here who helped me! Thank you for the meal ideas....especially about puree the vegetables....that had not occurred to me, and is going to work beautifully! I very much appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. It has been immensely helpful!