3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 04/24/2012

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
rissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 470

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 04/24/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!



Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
__________________



Restart Date 09/14/14

Last edited by rissimo : 04-24-2012 at 06:46 AM.
rissimo is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salt lake City, Utah
Posts: 62

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Default

Good morning. I am so upset. I worked out for the first time in a month yesterday and this morning I gained a pound!!! Why did this happen?? I am so discouraged. I love to work out and have not done it in a month. The Dr. said I could start again. Should I stop all together in phase 1? Has this happened to anyone else?
Danif is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
rissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 470

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Good morning. I am so upset. I worked out for the first time in a month yesterday and this morning I gained a pound!!! Why did this happen?? I am so discouraged. I love to work out and have not done it in a month. The Dr. said I could start again. Should I stop all together in phase 1? Has this happened to anyone else?


Calm down, take a deep breath and relax. Everything is okay. You have shocked your system. Just keep drinking your water and add an extra shake or packet daily...1/2 before your work out and the other 1/2 after. Give it time, you wil adjust!
__________________



Restart Date 09/14/14
rissimo is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
rissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 470

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Wi# 22

Good Morning IPeeps:

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here in Tennessee, cold, but beatuiful. Well, had weigh in 22 this morning and......drum roll please......
another 4 pounds bit the dust!!!!!!!!! I am shocked, I wasn't feeling a loss this week.
Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those that stil have to. Remember, any loss is a good loss regardless of how small it is.
__________________



Restart Date 09/14/14
rissimo is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salt lake City, Utah
Posts: 62

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Calm down, take a deep breath and relax. Everything is okay. You have shocked your system. Just keep drinking your water and add an extra shake or packet daily...1/2 before your work out and the other 1/2 after. Give it time, you wil adjust!
I did add an extra packet. I am going to weigh tomorrow and if I gained weight I am going to cry. Do you think my body is just holding on to water since I used my muscles? Will it always be like this? Do you work out? Did this happen to you? Sorry..I am going to Paris in 2 weeks and want * more pounds off by then. I thought working out would help!
Danif is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Sewmam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 980

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Default

Don't stress! I don't know how rigorous your workout was, but remember, fat does not accumulate in a day, so what you saw on the scale is not fat. Exercise can stress the muscle, and the muscle can respond to hold water in order to heal itself. At least that was the way it was explained to me.

IP tells us to do non-aerobic exercise in order to maximize fat loss, so that's what I tried to do -- strength training, walking. There are some folks here who have always worked out strenuously and continued to do so throughout IP, so it may depend on what your body is already used to.

Also, I would not weigh yourself too frequently - your weight will vary, day to day, hour to hour, depending on many things. Just trust that if you are doing the plan, your weekly progress will show it over time.

Good luck and hang in there!
PS: also note that Dr. Tran's book is great, but some of the info is dated. He designed the 'protein diet' but IP took that and expanded to their own program, so there are differences between the two.
__________________




Started Phase 1 January 2011, Phase 2 for 4 weeks, Phase 3 for 2 weeks; started Phase 4 March 27, 2012 !!!!! Yahoo!
Sewmam is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Sewmam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 980

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Default

Good morning everybody!

Congratulations Rissmo! When a loss like that comes, you feel like you could conquer anything, don't you? So empowering!

I'm just sitting here trying to wake up with my morning pot of tea and breakfast. I ran errands for several hours yesterday so I didn't get back to my do-list for the house - too pooped. I really, really need to charge forward today.

Hope everybody has a wonderful day!
__________________




Started Phase 1 January 2011, Phase 2 for 4 weeks, Phase 3 for 2 weeks; started Phase 4 March 27, 2012 !!!!! Yahoo!
Sewmam is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salt lake City, Utah
Posts: 62

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Don't stress! I don't know how rigorous your workout was, but remember, fat does not accumulate in a day, so what you saw on the scale is not fat. Exercise can stress the muscle, and the muscle can respond to hold water in order to heal itself. At least that was the way it was explained to me.

IP tells us to do non-aerobic exercise in order to maximize fat loss, so that's what I tried to do -- strength training, walking. There are some folks here who have always worked out strenuously and continued to do so throughout IP, so it may depend on what your body is already used to.

Also, I would not weigh yourself too frequently - your weight will vary, day to day, hour to hour, depending on many things. Just trust that if you are doing the plan, your weekly progress will show it over time.

Good luck and hang in there!
PS: also note that Dr. Tran's book is great, but some of the info is dated. He designed the 'protein diet' but IP took that and expanded to their own program, so there are differences between the two.
Thanks! I have been working out with a trainer for a year and a half and had lost nothing, that's why I am not doing IP. Want to lose 40 pounds. The first week I only lost 1.5 and Dr. told me no working out for a month. So my first work out was yesterday. I might just stop until phase one is over. My trainer is so annoyed I am doing this diet, she will be more annoyed when I stop training with her...oh well. I want to lose this weight!! Thanks for the help!
Danif is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
ProGeekSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1

Default

Started on IP January 17th 2012 and have had very good results. I have lost 80 pounds thus far and today is weigh-in day!! I really look forward to weigh-in days, because they keep me accountable and reminds myself of how far I have came in the past 13 weeks. There are days when I think the diet is kinda getting old and not worth it (time and money), but when I see people around me eating the food i used to eat as well I can easily turn my should and stick to my lean protein, vegges and a salad. I have a lot of people in my community, work, family and friends that are supporting me. Nothing feels better then someone commenting and saying you are looking great! Keep It Up! or WOW you have inspired me to start focusing on my health.

I started working out about 2-3 times per week, but the big thing is you need to consume more ideal protein. When my coach told me that I thought they were jut trying to get me to buy more product, but working out slowed my weight gain down a bit and now that I working out and consuming 1-2 more packets per day I am back to my 6 pound average per week.

My goal is to lose 150 lbs by my friends wedding July 7th, 2012. Got to look and feel good in a tux (Million Dollar Man )!!! The biggest gripe I have about this diet is cost, but their is no better investment then your health and this diet will hopefully be my last and make the lifestyle changes I need to make for the rest of my life. So, I am half way to losing my 150 pound goal! I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to meeting and encouraging anyone during their journey!

ProGeekSD
ProGeekSD is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salt lake City, Utah
Posts: 62

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGeekSD View Post
Started on IP January 17th 2012 and have had very good results. I have lost 80 pounds thus far and today is weigh-in day!! I really look forward to weigh-in days, because they keep me accountable and reminds myself of how far I have came in the past 13 weeks. There are days when I think the diet is kinda getting old and not worth it (time and money), but when I see people around me eating the food i used to eat as well I can easily turn my should and stick to my lean protein, vegges and a salad. I have a lot of people in my community, work, family and friends that are supporting me. Nothing feels better then someone commenting and saying you are looking great! Keep It Up! or WOW you have inspired me to start focusing on my health.

I started working out about 2-3 times per week, but the big thing is you need to consume more ideal protein. When my coach told me that I thought they were jut trying to get me to buy more product, but working out slowed my weight gain down a bit and now that I working out and consuming 1-2 more packets per day I am back to my 6 pound average per week.

My goal is to lose 150 lbs by my friends wedding July 7th, 2012. Got to look and feel good in a tux (Million Dollar Man )!!! The biggest gripe I have about this diet is cost, but their is no better investment then your health and this diet will hopefully be my last and make the lifestyle changes I need to make for the rest of my life. So, I am half way to losing my 150 pound goal! I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to meeting and encouraging anyone during their journey!

ProGeekSD
Wow..80 pounds in such a short time..Congrats!! I have lost 15 in a month, wish it was more. 25 more to go! 6 pounds a week is huge...but your a guy so I guess you lucky ducks lose more faster!! Again, congrats!
Danif is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Sewmam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 980

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGeekSD View Post
Started on IP January 17th 2012 and have had very good results. I have lost 80 pounds thus far and today is weigh-in day!! I really look forward to weigh-in days, because they keep me accountable and reminds myself of how far I have came in the past 13 weeks. There are days when I think the diet is kinda getting old and not worth it (time and money), but when I see people around me eating the food i used to eat as well I can easily turn my should and stick to my lean protein, vegges and a salad. I have a lot of people in my community, work, family and friends that are supporting me. Nothing feels better then someone commenting and saying you are looking great! Keep It Up! or WOW you have inspired me to start focusing on my health.

I started working out about 2-3 times per week, but the big thing is you need to consume more ideal protein. When my coach told me that I thought they were jut trying to get me to buy more product, but working out slowed my weight gain down a bit and now that I working out and consuming 1-2 more packets per day I am back to my 6 pound average per week.

My goal is to lose 150 lbs by my friends wedding July 7th, 2012. Got to look and feel good in a tux (Million Dollar Man )!!! The biggest gripe I have about this diet is cost, but their is no better investment then your health and this diet will hopefully be my last and make the lifestyle changes I need to make for the rest of my life. So, I am half way to losing my 150 pound goal! I wish everyone the best of luck and look forward to meeting and encouraging anyone during their journey!

ProGeekSD
Wow, wow, wow! I know men loose more on this diet, but your progress is amazing! Good for you! I lost almost 150 pds, but it took me over a year! For me, IP saved my life. It is spendy, and I'll be paying off that bill for awhile, but it's cheaper than the health costs of a heart attack or worse. There are several people here who use the alternatives and there are some threads on it, so that could be an option for you too.

I find it so encouraging to see people who want to make such a fundamental change in their life and really embrace this - good for you and good luck!!!
__________________




Started Phase 1 January 2011, Phase 2 for 4 weeks, Phase 3 for 2 weeks; started Phase 4 March 27, 2012 !!!!! Yahoo!
Sewmam is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Chloe222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,326

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Good morning. I am so upset. I worked out for the first time in a month yesterday and this morning I gained a pound!!! Why did this happen?? I am so discouraged. I love to work out and have not done it in a month. The Dr. said I could start again. Should I stop all together in phase 1? Has this happened to anyone else?
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION - PLEASE GO TALK TO YOUR COACH! (ALTHOUGH I'M CONCERNED YOUR DOCTOR SAID EXERCISE WAS OK RIGHT NOW WHEN YOU HAVEN'T BEEN EXERCISING FOR A WHILE AND JUST STARTED...)

I'M SPEAKING TO YOU AS IF YOU WERE MY GOOD FRIEND - I'M NOT AN EXPERT IN IP OR EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY.

I'm guessing your muscles are doing what they normally do in the growth process immediately post workout - which is to mend the little tears in the muscles which build strength and right now your body is holding onto a little more water to facilitate this process.

The best thing you can do is not exercise right now - especially since you haven't been exercising for a while and just started IP. It seems counter intuitive but on this low calorie, low carb diet you need every calorie you're taking in to feed your body w/o the additional load of exercise. If you keep exercising and not eating extra protein, you can put your body into starvation mode and you will not lose weight. Also, your body may start using your existing muscle mass to fuel your workouts since you don't have available glycogen stores after ketosis kicks in and its possible that it can even cause heart attacks, after all your heart is a muscle (or harm other organs). The heart attack comment came from Dr. Tran's book, I'm not trying to scare you, but help you.

PLEASE READ DR TRAN'S BOOK FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FIRST MESSAGE OF THE DAILY CHAT. THE INFORMATION I'M GIVING YOU COMES FROM THAT BOOK, BUT IT'S MY INTERPRETATION. PLEASE READ IT YOURSELF, TALK TO YOUR COACH. I'M NOT A DOCTOR, JUST CONCERNED FOR YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here in Tennessee, cold, but beatuiful. Well, had weigh in 22 this morning and......drum roll please......
another 4 pounds bit the dust!!!!!!!!! I am shocked, I wasn't feeling a loss this week.
Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those that stil have to. Remember, any loss is a good loss regardless of how small it is.
Congrats on the 4 lb loss! That's a huge loss, a lovely loss! BTW, thanks for starting these threads in the morning. I'm up early and always sit down w/ my coffee, laptop and the morning news and check in here. It starts my day off right.
__________________


Chloe222 is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Cole3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 103

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Default

I am feeling SO frustrated today ... I have been hungry for three days (maybe not filling enough veggies?) and I am not feeling any progress. I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and up until a few days ago felt really good. I have a tendency to do really well with any plan for the first week or so then the progress stops. I am really hoping that is not what is happening. I have my WI tomorrow so I will see whats going on but I just needed to vent I guess .....
Cole3 is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
Started IP 4/4/2012
 
Lynnie63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central Connecticut
Posts: 249

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Default

Hi All,

I have my first go at eating out tonight. I have to go to a meeting for work. They are having a buffet, I was told there would be steak, but I'm not sure how it's prepared.

Question - if it's in a lot of butter or sauce on it should I just drink the RTD shake I'm bringing? How bad is it to have 4 packets in a day and no lean protein? I didn't bring protein for lunch, just my IP soup. I brought peppers which I will eat on my 45 minute drive home at 9 after the meeting.

Thanks!
__________________


Started phase 4 on 5/11/2013

Reboot started 1/13/2014
Lynnie63 is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Sewmam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 980

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Thanks! I have been working out with a trainer for a year and a half and had lost nothing, that's why I am not doing IP. Want to lose 40 pounds. The first week I only lost 1.5 and Dr. told me no working out for a month. So my first work out was yesterday. I might just stop until phase one is over. My trainer is so annoyed I am doing this diet, she will be more annoyed when I stop training with her...oh well. I want to lose this weight!! Thanks for the help!
What Chloe said is right-on! It may help you to understand those details of what the body is doing, so read Dr. Tran's book too. It must be hard to decide when you have a trainer, a doctor and a coach telling you things that may be different, not to mention all of us! I would keep my doctor informed, and if in doubt, ask questions of him/her. Each persons health problems are unique so your doctor needs to be on-board with your decision to do IP. If they don't understand the science behind it, give them Dr. Tran's book. But work with your IP coach closely because they are supposed to understand how this program works and observe how each person responds. It doesn't matter what your trainer feels or says, at least not for now, IMHO.
__________________




Started Phase 1 January 2011, Phase 2 for 4 weeks, Phase 3 for 2 weeks; started Phase 4 March 27, 2012 !!!!! Yahoo!
Sewmam is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2