Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hope you feel better... "you know you're addicted..." would make a GREAT thread!!!
Thanks! And since I'm at home sick and not working, I think I just might start that thread for funsies.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #62  

Default Does anyone else see the irony?

I have always had my IP snack at mid-morning rather than in the evening because of my schedule. For the last several days, I have skipped the snack (a shake) because I haven't really been getting hungry until nearly lunch time, so I just wait and have lunch. (My breaks/lunch are at prescribed times, and I can't change them willy-nilly.) Then, in the evening for dinner I have my meat/fish/chicken and a salad with my veggies. I have a bar for b-fast and a soup & salad/veggies for lunch. So, by the end of the day I have had 2 IP products instead of 3. I go to bed a couple of hours after dinner, and I'm not hungry, so I haven't been eating my 3rd IP packet. I know that I am supposed to, but eating when I am not hungry is what got me into this condition (fat!). So, should I continue to skip the 3rd packet, eat it even when I'm not hungry, cut back on the required veggies and salad, or what??? Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #63  
Full of awesome

S/C/G: 259/177/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning all!

Had my Week 4 WI yesterday and am down another 4 pounds! I knew I shouldn't have gotten too discouraged when I was up a half pound the middle of last week, but I just can't stay away from that scale.

I finally reached my breaking point with veggies over the weekend. Twice I literally gagged down my last 2 cups of the day. The third time, I just couldn't finish them. I figured it was better to keep down my entire meal, it was that bad. After discussing this with my coach, she finally gave me the option to be more "creative" with my packets. I was previously discouraged from doing this. She is also allowing me to use a vegetable supplement no more than twice a week. I'm going with Vibrant Health's Field of Greens. I was also told to count my salad if there is just no way I can choke down those veggies.

I'm going to keep trying without falling back on those last two options, but it's nice to know they are there should I need them. Part of my "problem" is that I have little to no appetite on this diet. So eating things I'm not particularly fond of, or am just plain sick of, is made all the more difficult for me.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #64  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Back from WI #2. Down another 4 lbs! That's a total of 14.2 in just 2 weeks! IP has been the best decision I have made in a long time.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #65  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
I have always had my IP snack at mid-morning rather than in the evening because of my schedule. For the last several days, I have skipped the snack (a shake) because I haven't really been getting hungry until nearly lunch time, so I just wait and have lunch. (My breaks/lunch are at prescribed times, and I can't change them willy-nilly.) Then, in the evening for dinner I have my meat/fish/chicken and a salad with my veggies. I have a bar for b-fast and a soup & salad/veggies for lunch. So, by the end of the day I have had 2 IP products instead of 3. I go to bed a couple of hours after dinner, and I'm not hungry, so I haven't been eating my 3rd IP packet. I know that I am supposed to, but eating when I am not hungry is what got me into this condition (fat!). So, should I continue to skip the 3rd packet, eat it even when I'm not hungry, cut back on the required veggies and salad, or what??? Thanks for any suggestions!
Hopefully another member with longer experience on IP will chime in and endorse me ..... but I'm sure you need to get the protein from all 3 packets. As well as your 4 cups of veggies each day, + recommended oil intake, salt intake, supplements, etc. That's the way the program is designed, and it works when you follow it 100%. If I were you, I'd make it a point to eat everything I'm supposed to each day, even if not particularly hungry.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 182/158/135

Height: 5'4"

I have my 5th weigh in later today, and I don't want to go! I've had good losses previously, but this week it is my TOM, and I feel bloated and gross and can't imagine I'm going to get good news.

And I cheated a bit this weekend as well. The baby was so cute trying to share his meal with me (so very determinedly; I have to wonder what was going on in his head) - I had to accept a couple of bites. None of it was "bad for you food" (I'm feeding it to a 12 month old after all), but it was off protocol.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by offkilter View Post
I have my 5th weigh in later today, and I don't want to go! I've had good losses previously, but this week it is my TOM, and I feel bloated and gross and can't imagine I'm going to get good news.

And I cheated a bit this weekend as well. The baby was so cute trying to share his meal with me (so very determinedly; I have to wonder what was going on in his head) - I had to accept a couple of bites. None of it was "bad for you food" (I'm feeding it to a 12 month old after all), but it was off protocol.
me 2. TOM... I feel and look bloated but Ive been OP IP.

sigh.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Weigh in today, lost 2 pounds this week. Two more never to be seen again!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Good morning! Good news, no breast cancer!!!!!! Thanks everyone for all of your good wishes yesterday. The only thing I do have to deal with is that the pathologist did find something called LCIS which puts me at greater risk for breast cancer during my life time. I have 3 options to deal with it, so will be consulting my doctor and then decide which way to go. In the meantime I'm getting thinner, and healthier everyday which goes a long way in living a long and healthy life.

On that note I'm down 2 lbs this week and in just two more pounds I will be in the 170's. Unbelievable! Now off to read the daily chat.
Great news!!! Yay
Keep up the awesome work with the weight loss
Old 04-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #70  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Thank you all SO much for all of your kind words. It was a difficult week, but made a little easier when I could get on here every day and read all of your positive comments and support. You are all a truly amazing and caring group of women (and men).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Hi All,
Question - if it's in a lot of butter or sauce on it should I just drink the RTD shake I'm bringing? How bad is it to have 4 packets in a day and no lean protein? I didn't bring protein for lunch, just my IP soup. I brought peppers which I will eat on my 45 minute drive home at 9 after the meeting.
Thanks!
It won't hurt you, but I certainly wouldn't do it on a regular basis. I would imagine you would need the calories that comes from preparing your own protein for dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhalphen View Post
So I started this diet on Sunday with a few friends. We are doing this on our own with no coach. We have a another friend that has had great success, looks wonderful, and is helping us.

I have a few questions....

1. Why can you have coffee but not a diet soft drink in the morning?

2. I teach Zumba 4 days a week. Will it hurt my weight loss? I have been teaching 5 classes 5 days a week for a year, so it my normal routine and my body is obvisouly adjusted to this level of exercise since I have not lost anything is 6 months.

Any advise would be appreciated
If your cardio is too high intensity it will slow down your progress. There just isn't enough calories in our diet to be able to afford to burn that many without slowing down your progress. Since you teach the class you must continue I'm assuming? Either way make sure you get an extra packet in during the day as you will need the calories on the days you teach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

It has been a loooooooooong time since I've been on the daily chat. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, hope you all are doing good!

As for me, I sure gained a little bit of weight since I have been off the diet and I did not phase out at all, I did it the wrong way, well... life happens and what was supposed to be a Christmas break went on to be a Christmas break extending until an Easter break plus some more. Anyway, there are days when I ''dieted'' and others when I did not, I would gain about 5 pounds here and lose a little bit there, until one day I saw on the scale that I have gained more than 15 pounds!!! To my horror!! Anyway, now I don't dare to say that I am back 100 % OP, since I've been there and I've done that, but all I can say is that I am trying really hard, and I really want to get rid of this weight.
Welocme back, glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
Hi everyone! I meet with my Dr. tonight and hopefully start Wednesday morning! It truly enjoy coming here and reading all of the feedback. I am hoping to get my college body back as I found drinking beer and eating out constantly doesn't help the figure! I will keep everyone updated after I start! Have a great day!
Wlecome and good luck with the program; it's the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
My ultrasound yesterday afternoon went well. I felt invaded, but I am hoping to find out the results by tomorrow. I leave for 10 days Thurs. morning. I am going to Dallas area (Lavon) for the weekend to visit my sister, and then on to Casper, Wy for work. I am so excited to get to some warm weather
Keeping my fingers crossed for great results. Enjoy the warmth in Dallas. It's already in the high 80's here in Austin. Summer is right around the corner for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Yaaaahoooooo Dana! So happy to hear your update. Big, huge sigh of relief, I'm sure!!!!

Hi everyone. I'm at home sick today with strep or some other throat infection. Not cool! The doctor at the walk in clinic this morning gave me antibiotics and my first thought was, 'will these impact my weight loss'? You know you're addicted to IP when...

Hope everyone's having a great day. Today should be WI day for me but my coach is away for two weeks so we're going in tomorrow night and seeing someone else instead. So one more day to wait.
Thank you so much, and I hope that nasty throat pain is gone soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Great news Dana!!
I am having surgery tomorrow. They want to put me under completely, I want just a local - I don't want anything to screw up my IP progress! Then I have some pain killers to take, will they impact my weight loss? (oxycodin)
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. My coach wanted me to go on the alternative diet for a couple of days before I had my surgery last week. She said it's not a good idea to be in ketosis while under anesthesia. I guess the liver has a harder time processing the anesthesia. I ran it by my doctor and she told me not to worry about it. I didn't and it turned out fine. I woke rather quickly after the surgery was over. My only problem with the pain killers was it made me constipated for a couple of days. Nothing some Novi-lax couldn't deal with.

Quote:
You REALLY need to eat all three packets each day. Otherwise you just aren't getting enough protein and calories, and it will slow down your weight loss. You could always take a couple of oz. of protein from you dinner and have it at lunch. Also spread your veggies out a bit during the day if need be.

I know overeating/not eating when hungry is what got us into trouble in the first place, but this is a low calorie/low carb diet, and our bodies really do need what little calories and protein we get each day.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #71  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
You really need to get all of your packets in. Your body needs the calories and the protein. If you don't eat everything on your IP protocol sheet, your body could go into starvation mode. I'm sure that Wuv can go into more detail on this, bit you have to get everything in. I usually have my snack in the late afternoon because like you, I am not hungry after dinner. I've done this since day one.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #72  

I just started the Ideal Protein diet on Sunday and I havent lost any weight yet. I know it has only been 2 days on the plan but with the calories and carbs being so low I figured I would start losing weight immediately. I am following the diet exactly. Does it take a few days to start losing weight?

Thanks,
Lisa
Old 04-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Ooooo, just tried the puree potatoes for the first time, not a fan. Thank goodness I was steaming seasoned veggies. I mixed the two together and wala delicious! Thanks to everyone that always encourages experimenting with these IP packets. It worked!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcoughlin View Post
I just started the Ideal Protein diet on Sunday and I havent lost any weight yet. I know it has only been 2 days on the plan but with the calories and carbs being so low I figured I would start losing weight immediately. I am following the diet exactly. Does it take a few days to start losing weight?

Thanks,
Lisa
Yes, it will take I think 3-5 days or so to get into Ketosis and once your in Ketosis your body will start burning the fat stored.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #75  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Back from WI #2. Down another 4 lbs! That's a total of 14.2 in just 2 weeks! IP has been the best decision I have made in a long time.
That's great, and I agree with you - best decision I ever made too!
Closed Thread