Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #16  

Default Newbie here

So I started this diet on Sunday with a few friends. We are doing this on our own with no coach. We have a another friend that has had great success, looks wonderful, and is helping us.

I have a few questions....

1. Why can you have coffee but not a diet soft drink in the morning?

2. I teach Zumba 4 days a week. Will it hurt my weight loss? I have been teaching 5 classes 5 days a week for a year, so it my normal routine and my body is obvisouly adjusted to this level of exercise since I have not lost anything is 6 months.

Any advise would be appreciated
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All,

Day 4 going strong, hoping the scale will be nice to me on my first WI on Thursday. Good Luck All. Enjoy your day.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhalphen View Post
So I started this diet on Sunday with a few friends. We are doing this on our own with no coach. We have a another friend that has had great success, looks wonderful, and is helping us.

I have a few questions....

1. Why can you have coffee but not a diet soft drink in the morning?

2. I teach Zumba 4 days a week. Will it hurt my weight loss? I have been teaching 5 classes 5 days a week for a year, so it my normal routine and my body is obvisouly adjusted to this level of exercise since I have not lost anything is 6 months.

Any advise would be appreciated
There is a great thread on her about the dangers of diet soda--I will try to find it and bump it up for you. Basically, your body reacts the same way to nutrasweet/aspartame as it does to sugar and most diet sodas are sweetened with nutrasweet or aspartame.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #19  

I have bumped two threads in response to questions today. One is from Jennydoodle regarding her mini phase off for vacatin the other is about aspartame and the dangers of diet soda. Hope these provide some answers to your questions.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #20  
MOM3GRL

S/C/G: 286/286/170

Height: 5' 8"

Default Day Three

Okay, day three and it is going better. I woke up this morning with a little more energy than I used to.

Yesterday for lunch I had my shake, but went to Wendy's and ordered one of their salads - pulled everything out of it (bacon, chicken, blue cheese, croutons, etc.) and ate it with no dressing (forgot my Walden's at home), but it was not bad. I fulfilled my need to chew something and that was the goal.

Today, I am going to a burger joint and having a plain burger (no bun) and another salad with stuff picked off. I want to have a packet for dinner with veggies.

Water has been no problem. I can down 2-32oz. jugs during work and I drink another 32oz. at home.

I too suffer from being able to keep to a plan for a week, but then the second week I slide. I do not want to do that again. I want to see a weight loss at WI on Saturday and have it motivate me to follow the plan into the next week. Lets take this one bite (no pun intended) at a time.

PS - I took "before" pictures this morning!

PPSS - All of you are inspiring me with every comment. Congrats on your progress!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #21  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Morning iPeeps-
Wow went to bed at 8 o'clock last night and had a great night's sleep. Hope you all enjoy your day. Eat well drink often and lose.

Last edited by Tripmama; 04-24-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #22  

Default Vanilla Extract?

Good morning everyone. I was wondering if I could add Vanilla extract to a Vanilla shake to make it taste better? Or if anyone has any other ideas? It tastes pretty bland to me.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #23  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello,

It has been a loooooooooong time since I've been on the daily chat. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, hope you all are doing good!

As for me, I sure gained a little bit of weight since I have been off the diet and I did not phase out at all, I did it the wrong way, well... life happens and what was supposed to be a Christmas break went on to be a Christmas break extending until an Easter break plus some more. Anyway, there are days when I ''dieted'' and others when I did not, I would gain about 5 pounds here and lose a little bit there, until one day I saw on the scale that I have gained more than 15 pounds!!! To my horror!! Anyway, now I don't dare to say that I am back 100 % OP, since I've been there and I've done that, but all I can say is that I am trying really hard, and I really want to get rid of this weight.

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 04-24-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps....

Im in full TOM.... (sigh) bloated, moody, buuuuut Im not craving.

I have my 2nd WI this eve.... and Im totally bummed bcuz I dont believe Ive lost.... due to my TOM.

uuugh. Still on OP. I will be glad about my WI after my TOM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here in Tennessee, cold, but beatuiful. Well, had weigh in 22 this morning and......drum roll please......
another 4 pounds bit the dust!!!!!!!!! I am shocked, I wasn't feeling a loss this week.
Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those that stil have to. Remember, any loss is a good loss regardless of how small it is.
Way to go girl!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #26  

Default Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
GM IPeeps....

Im in full TOM.... (sigh) bloated, moody, buuuuut Im not craving.

I have my 2nd WI this eve.... and Im totally bummed bcuz I dont believe Ive lost.... due to my TOM.

uuugh. Still on OP. I will be glad about my WI after my TOM.
I'm still waiting for mine. It's a week late and I have all the symtoms but nothing! I don't like this feeling plus I gained a pound too.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #27  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
drum roll please......
another 4 pounds bit the dust!!!!!!!!! I am shocked, I wasn't feeling a loss this week.
Congrats on the 4 pound loss rissimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGeekSD View Post
Started on IP January 17th 2012 and have had very good results. I have lost 80 pounds thus far and today is weigh-in day!!
ProGeekSD
wow 6 pound a week average is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
I am feeling SO frustrated today ... I have been hungry for three days (maybe not filling enough veggies?) and I am not feeling any progress. I have been doing this for almost 3 weeks now and up until a few days ago felt really good. I have a tendency to do really well with any plan for the first week or so then the progress stops. I am really hoping that is not what is happening. I have my WI tomorrow so I will see whats going on but I just needed to vent I guess .....
Vent away, thats what we are here for. Hang in there, you will lose as long as you follow the program

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSky07 View Post
Good morning everyone. I was wondering if I could add Vanilla extract to a Vanilla shake to make it taste better? Or if anyone has any other ideas? It tastes pretty bland to me.
you could add vanilla extract but be careful not to use it allot since it contains alcohol. A better choice would be MIO, davinci sugar free syrups or walden farms syrups. or read the recipes for ideas on flavoring the shakes & puddings.

Good morning everybody, the sun finally returned in NJ, even though it is cold out it sure looks pretty. Going to get a pedi today, I need my toes summer ready. Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Heading to town for my weigh-in today. I have not been on a scale all week because I had DH hide it from me. It is scary because I do not know what to expect. It think it is good for me because it is the lifestyle that I want to live, and the weight loss is (or should be) secondary. I have stayed 100% OP so I should have a loss. I will let you all know how it goes!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

It has been a loooooooooong time since I've been on the daily chat. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, hope you all are doing good!

As for me, I sure gained a little bit of weight since I have been off the diet and I did not phase out at all, I did it the wrong way, well... life happens and what was supposed to be a Christmas break went on to be a Christmas break extending until an Easter break plus some more. Anyway, there are days when I ''dieted'' and others when I did not, I would gain about 5 pounds here and lose a little bit there, until one day I saw on the scale that I have gained more than 15 pounds!!! To my horror!! Anyway, now I don't dare to say that I am back 100 % OP, since I've been there and I've done that, but all I can say is that I am trying really hard, and I really want to get rid of this weight.
Hi Sandra and welcome back. I had a bit of a similar situation after my holiday phase off. I got right back on plan and did good for about 3 weeks then it was off and on and off and on. I also left my coach around that same time and started to do it on my own----I discovered I need the accountability of a weekly WI. I'm still going it on my own but have recruited my DH as my accountability coach. Good luck to you.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #30  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good morning! I hope everyone has a great day! Had the day off yesterday and totally enjoyed being at home. Stayed OP and will keep at it today! It is hard but we are so worth it!
Closed Thread