3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Adding eggwhites to IP "baked goods"...necessary? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/257544-adding-eggwhites-ip-baked-goods-necessary.html)

MidwesternMolly 04-23-2012 11:47 AM

Adding eggwhites to IP "baked goods"...necessary?

I have found that when I add egg white to make pudding cakes or mug cakes, etc.. that my end products turns out like a sweet eggy omelet thing. With all the protein helping to bind everything together, are the eggs really necessary? Has anyone tried making cakes, pancakes, etc... without the addition of egg whites? What were your results texture-wise?

Thanks so much!!

Cadu 04-23-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwesternMolly (Post 4305022)
I have found that when I add egg white to make pudding cakes or mug cakes, etc.. that my end products turns out like a sweet eggy omelet thing. With all the protein helping to bind everything together, are the eggs really necessary? Has anyone tried making cakes, pancakes, etc... without the addition of egg whites? What were your results texture-wise?

Thanks so much!!

I add the egg whites to the mug cake and it comes out like a cake consistency, not eggy. are you putting in the baking powder?

Chloe222 04-23-2012 01:32 PM

I prefer my pancakes w/o egg whites, less spongy.

Cadu 04-23-2012 02:05 PM

hmmm if we dont need the egg whites to make them work, I would rather not use them. I will try the mug cake without and see what happens.

Volly 04-23-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4305234)
hmmm if we dont need the egg whites to make them work, I would rather not use them. I will try the mug cake without and see what happens.

Please let us know, because I am dying to try this mug cake, but I haven't been to the store for egg whites...lol

MidwesternMolly 04-23-2012 03:28 PM

I used baking powder, but maybe not the full tsp for the mug cake...

LizRR 04-23-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadu (Post 4305234)

Waiting for your results Cadu!

Cadu 04-23-2012 05:25 PM

LOL I will make it tonight for snack and I'll let you all know how it works out.

prettyone 04-23-2012 07:54 PM

I just tried to make the pudding cake and I got a deflated lemon sponge lol. The taste was ok. Im still going to experiment. I did add one egg white

Cadu 04-23-2012 08:55 PM

OK tried it with no egg white.. fail... it didnt rise as well, it didnt stick together well and the consistency was weird. it was very wet, not like cake. I will admit that I did eat it all as the taste was good. But I will be using the egg white in the future

Hockeymom40 04-23-2012 09:06 PM

You definitely don't need the egg whites in the pancakes. That is how I make them all the time.

MidwesternMolly 04-24-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettyone (Post 4305606)
I just tried to make the pudding cake and I got a deflated lemon sponge lol. The taste was ok. Im still going to experiment. I did add one egg white

Yes, I used an egg white in my mug cake and I got a deflated sponge too....Maybe less cooking time?

prettyone 04-24-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwesternMolly (Post 4306321)
Yes, I used an egg white in my mug cake and I got a deflated sponge too....Maybe less cooking time?

I dont even know all I know is I have 2 deflated yellow looking things and that will be my snack lol. They are lemon. Im still messing around with it to see.

3sisters 04-25-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 (Post 4305704)
You definitely don't need the egg whites in the pancakes. That is how I make them all the time.

So do you use the same recipe (using the pudding mix) but just leave out the egg whites? If not, could you post your recipe?

jdsbarb 04-27-2012 01:24 PM

Mug cake

Could some one please give me an idea of how much water they are using for this to make it come out right.
Thanks. I'm new here, but have been lrking for a couple weeks. In week 4 of IP & have lost 11 lbs. My husband is doing it also & he has lost 21 lbs. Just need some variety.