Old 12-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Default OMG need someone to drag a hand to help me get back on the wagon

Well first round on IP went really well... I lost 30 lbs and went from a size 12 to a 5/6. I went off IP and didn't gain anything for about 2 months... and then, then Christmas rolled around... I think I gained 5/6 pounds in three days! YIKES.
I have been trying for 3 days now to get back on track and I have been having a hard time...I remember the first couple days are the hardest, and for the second round it really is.
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Well first round on IP went really well... I lost 30 lbs and went from a size 12 to a 5/6. I went off IP and didn't gain anything for about 2 months... and then, then Christmas rolled around... I think I gained 5/6 pounds in three days! YIKES.
I have been trying for 3 days now to get back on track and I have been having a hard time...I remember the first couple days are the hardest, and for the second round it really is.
I hear you....sillyputty. I'm in the same boat. I guess it takes a few days to get back on the wagon. This is day 2 for me trying to get back. I ate a bar... and had to have a bit of chicken sausage too.... I'm still determined.. don't get too discouraged. I guess the only thing I ate that I shouldn't have is the chicken sausage because I don't know the entire ingredients. I could still be okay... I think it is okay to eat more of the bars or packages than the 3... better than any other food. Hang in there... try drinking tea or go for a walk when the tug for food is too strong..I find if I get busy with something else meal time gets closer... Hope this helps.
Lightweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #3  

glad to hear.... lots of people are doing awesome on here, but it is nice knowing others are struggling too... hope we both get a handle on this. Happy holidays
Old 12-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #4  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

I fell off the program over Christmas and plan on getting back on the first of the year. I know it's gonna be hard. I'm not looking forward to the first week back on protocol but I am looking forward to hitting my goal. I didn't do too bad over Christmas and have a gain of a little over a pound. I decided to wait until New Years is over and get a fresh start.

I know we can do this together! Hang in there.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
If you can't do the off-protocol to Phase 1 in one shot, add a little extra protein and some fat for the first few days to deal with the intensity of the carb cravings. Then taper back to the full phase 1.

If you have to go off protocol, extra protein and fat are the way to go because they have little to no impact on your blood sugar and insulin levels.

Another thing that can work on the carb cravings is the amino acid L-glutamine. After my vacation, I took about 1/2 tsp under my tongue, 3 times a day. I just let the powder dissolve. Apparently the body can use glutamine instead of glucose until the ketone production "machinery" is up and running.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 12-29-2010 at 01:48 PM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #6  

good idea I'm svelting....
Old 12-29-2010, 07:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

No more excuses, for me, after1/1. I just printed out the weekly sheet. I will make sure I have veggies and be all set. I realize I can eat whatever I want and be as heathly ( & hot) as I want to be. Time for me to get with the program!!!

Let's do it!!!!!
in4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
If you can't do the off-protocol to Phase 1 in one shot, add a little extra protein and some fat for the first few days to deal with the intensity of the carb cravings. Then taper back to the full phase 1.
OH Thanks for the advice!! I,m going to do it today and will be pure back on protocol

Last edited by bulleriina; 12-30-2010 at 04:56 PM.
bulleriina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 174.4/166/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Thanks for this post...just what I need

Hi, everyone.

I'm relatively new to IP. I first learned about it from visiting 3fatchicks and was so inspired by all of you that I had to search for it locally.

I began the protocol on December 8th at 172 and lost 3 lbs my first week, but by the third day of week 2, the endless parties started (no excuse), but I knew even one bite was a cheat and didn't know what to do.

My coach was very supportive and suggested to put things on hold and come back after the holidays more determined than ever. So I am....more determined than ever. I wish I had found the plan sooner and had had a bigger loss under my belt (there's a pun there somewhere) and then I don't think the extra bites would have meant a thing to me.

Thank you to all who share on this board, your triumphs and tales of woe. You have no idea how much you are helping others. My hope is to reach my goal and pay it forward and help others.

The great thing about the protocol is how great I feel on it. I wasn't a big carb person to begin with and maybe that was why the first three days weren't so bad. But all you need to do is fall off the wagon for even a few days and I know from my own experience, I felt groggy, queasy, sluggish, achy, bloated and I'm sure a few other things I'm trying not to remember.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I'm just so happy to be here and wanted to thank all of you.

P.S. And there wasn't one thing that I ate while having been off protocol these last few weeks that I said, "Oh wow! That was so amazing! I'm so glad I went off my plan so I could eat that!" (well, maybe a little popcorn at the movies.) Anyway, it's all stuff I've tasted before. That's what I tell myself sometimes....I don't need to eat that. I know what it tastes like. And usually the desire passes (except at the movies holding a tub of popcorn)
newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #10  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

I am in the same boat. I fell off the wagon about six weeks ago. I have gained some back.

I feel so good when I follow the program and every day I say I am starting and then I fail.

I will start tomorrow. I work nights and my days off start tomorrow so I should be able to get back on track on my days off.

Good luck to everyone starting over. We can do this!
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #11  

very inspiring ladies!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #12  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Time to go back...

I am also going back to protocol after being off since Oct 1st when I went to Austrailia for a month, then came all the holidays and associated trips and parties with family that loves to cook and eat.
I definitely don't feel as well now as I did when I was on plan. I do an alternate that follows the IP plan but without the IP products (gluten issues)
I have been exercising more than I did on the plan and I think that is why I have not gained back much weight. despite all the over indulgence I am still within five lbs of my low weight.
So Jan 1 I plan to go back to plan and get rid of the rest of this weight. I went from a size 18 to a size 10 before but would like to be a comfortable size 8. So I may adjust my weight goal to reflect that.
I am encouraged because not only has this diet made me lose the weight but I do believe that it has much improved my metabolism and that has helped to keep it off.
Here's hoping that we all will encourage each other to eat on plan and get healthier in the new year!!!!
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Hooray, I'm back on the wagon, finally after three bad graving days
bulleriina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 158/138/128

Height: 5'5

Thanks for starting this thread. I have fallen off the wagon myself and gained 2 lbs. I was waiting past holidays to start Phase 3 but intead I completely dropped of IP.... I will have do do at least a week of Phase1 to get back on ketosis and a quick phase 2 and hopefully start Phase 3 afterwards.
I am starting Jan1st! Wish me luck.
Zebra35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 156/145/130

Height: 5'7

Rest assured, Silly Putty, that your 5/6 pnd gain is NOT fat...just the weight of those meals and probably bloat from going off protcol...your back on now and headed in the right direction!!!!! Drink lot's of H20 and stay with it!
coqui71 is offline   Reply With Quote