Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #76  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Totally off subject, but has anyone been reading or already read "50 Shades of Grey"? Pretty erotic books. It is a trilogy. I am almost finished with the first one. I recommend it
Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! I need to let some frustrations fly! Went for my weigh in this morning....down 4.2 pd, very happy about that.

BUT, I have always had the same coach, mind you, it has only been 8 weeks, but I felt I had developed a connection with my coach. Well, there was another coach there today and when I asked the receptionist where was my coach, she said from now on you get whatever coach was there. HUH? So now I can have a stranger every freaking week???

I met the woman, didn't like her, I will say I already didn't like her because she had been at the reception desk the last couple of weeks and wasn't very friendly. Her measurements were totally off from my records.

Then proceeds to tell me I exercise too much, huh again? I go on my elliptical machine for 20 minutes, 4 times a week and take a 45-60 minute SLOW walk 4-5 times a week. I am losing weight, I feel good and I wanna move!

Then came the kicker, I read on these boards over the weekend that red/orange/yellow peppers are supposed to be restricted, my sheet just says bell pepper, no color distinction. I have been eating the colored peppers several times a week, my regular coach has never said a word about it. Well, I asked today and she tells me that we are to eat no bell peppers except for green. All others are off limits for now....so on top of everything else I am confused

Sorry! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.....I feel lighter already!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #78  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk33 View Post
Hi Everyone! I need to let some frustrations fly! Went for my weigh in this morning....down 4.2 pd, very happy about that.

BUT, I have always had the same coach, mind you, it has only been 8 weeks, but I felt I had developed a connection with my coach. Well, there was another coach there today and when I asked the receptionist where was my coach, she said from now on you get whatever coach was there. HUH? So now I can have a stranger every freaking week???

I met the woman, didn't like her, I will say I already didn't like her because she had been at the reception desk the last couple of weeks and wasn't very friendly. Her measurements were totally off from my records.

Then proceeds to tell me I exercise too much, huh again? I go on my elliptical machine for 20 minutes, 4 times a week and take a 45-60 minute SLOW walk 4-5 times a week. I am losing weight, I feel good and I wanna move!

Then came the kicker, I read on these boards over the weekend that red/orange/yellow peppers are supposed to be restricted, my sheet just says bell pepper, no color distinction. I have been eating the colored peppers several times a week, my regular coach has never said a word about it. Well, I asked today and she tells me that we are to eat no bell peppers except for green. All others are off limits for now....so on top of everything else I am confused

Hmm, I eat all colors of bell peppers every day................I am losing.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #79  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Hmm, I eat all colors of bell peppers every day................I am losing.
I agree with mooselover. Got hooked on the bags of mini sweet peppers. Have 3 or 4 every day for lunch (with celery and cucumbers) for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Hmmm. I've lost 10 lbs in the last three weeks.

You'll find that unfortunately, there is no consistency in coaches. It's very sad.

Molly
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #80  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:

I have had red/orange/yellow peppers everyday since I started and am not suffering from not losing. I am not sure...maybe I am doing it wrong.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Try using Orange MIO with the vanilla shake...taste just like a creamcisle
Thanks Wuv I do have orange Mio at home.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #82  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
I have had red/orange/yellow peppers everyday since I started and am not suffering from not losing. I am not sure...maybe I am doing it wrong.
I eat them almost every day too, and I haven't had any issues with my losses. My protocol sheet just says bell peppers and doesn't specify which color, so I consider that to mean any color of bell pepper.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volly View Post
I would suggest staying off of the scale, too. My coach makes my appointments for the same time each week, and she has even asked that I bring the same outfit to weigh in every week. I always leave feeling like I have accomplished something. You need to go to the IP Recipe threads. It offers great ideas on how to prepare vegetables (most that I have never tried before) that will help you feel full and that taste great. Be careful about avoiding some of the additives... not all are 0 sugar, 0 carb, and 0 fat.
Thanks Volly. So far I havent been hungry thank goodness. I have been trying some of the recipes I see. Yes the scale is going to be left for my WI day.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I would talk to the coach that you really do like and have worked with and see if you can find out her schedule. She may be able to help you make sure you get to see her.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #85  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

First congrats on your loss! I don't blame you for being frustrated regarding your clinic. If it were me I would be insistent on having the same coach each week; you are the customer after all.

I don't eat peppers but my coach did say any of the colors are fine.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

The chart comparing Lindora, Proti-Thin, Proti-Diet, and IP products lists Protin-Thin Orange Drink as RESTRICTIVE Can anyone confirm if this is accurate. Seems strange when you look at the stats.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Hello IP Family!
Back to work today, and back to my old routine. Couldn't wait to get home to read the board!! lol

Now for my dilemma: I’m actually struggling with how to tell my coach I want to incorporate some alternative products into my routine. From what I’ve read here (she’s heard of the board, but is not personally familiar with it) I learned that some of the ProtiThin and ProtiDiet products are nearly identical to IP products, at ¼ of the costs…. So I placed an order with Nashua. Any words of advice? I know I signed a contract at the beginning saying I’d do my best to stay OP. Will this be considered a breach of contract? What can they do to me?

Billster – Your wedding is going to be fabulous! I just know you’ll find the perfect outfit when you do go shopping. With such a great attitude, how could things not go your way? Congrats & Good Luck with the new job!

Wingnut – *copy*paste* Thanks for great ideas!

Dana: Wishing you well with the results! Here’s hoping you and hubby both have good health news.

Mooselover: No, but I’ve heard a lot about it. I kinda poo-poo’d it at book club last month, but am thinking about reading it privately. Lol

Cmk: I would definitely complain to the franchise owner! One of the big benefits of this program is the support and rapport you’re supposed to build with YOUR coach! It's also hard to feel comfortable with someone weighing and measuring you. I would definitely want someone I at least liked.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I eat them almost every day too, and I haven't had any issues with my losses. My protocol sheet just says bell peppers and doesn't specify which color, so I consider that to mean any color of bell pepper.
I think the coloured peppers were restricted at on time. But when I joined last summer I asked the coach if bell peppers meant all colours and she said yes, they were now recommending all colours of bell peppers.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hope everyone has a good Monday. The sun is out and another warm beautiful day here in Austin. It was a busy weekend here. My husband had a defibrillator put in on Friday because we found out last month he has a genetic heart condition that he never knew about. It didn't surface till he was in his 50's. Anyway, he is doing well and came home the next morning and is back to work today. Last week I had a lumpectomy as my biopsy came back as questionable and the only way to fully rule out cancer was to remove the questionable area. Today I go in to get the final pathology report. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they still don't find anything. For two pretty healthy people this has been a very trying month health wise. We compared our incisions and sterile-strips last night, and mine was a drop longer.

Enjoy your OP day...
Good luck on your tests...my thoughts are with you.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Fredlr, About how much water did you use? Thank you and good luck to you as well.
Not sure if this got answered. What I do is grind up some ice cubes, add 8 ounces of water and the pudding pacckage and blend it.
I also add spinach. You can't taste it but it does make the shake green.
Closed Thread