Old 04-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #1  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Default www.idealcoaching.tv

(I posted this info in this weekend's chat thread, but thought I'd put it here as well in a new thread, as I think the newer members especially might benefit from it).

While I was checking the IP threads at SparkPeople, I found a reference to some good IP coaching short videos that are available at: www.idealcoaching.tv. This is copied from a post in the SparkPeople IP thread:

"This site is aimed at IP providers but don't let that deter you. Click on "Get more details" at the bottom of the homepage, then scroll to the bottom of the details page and click on "sample videos". You can watch 14 sets of short videos for free".

I've watched them all, and did pick up clarification on a few things. They're worth checking out, especially for the newer members. These videos are given by a team of IP coaches led by a doctor.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #2  

To save others from a bunch of clicks, this is a better link to the videos.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #3  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post
To save others from a bunch of clicks, this is a better link to the videos.
thanks PhillyGirl.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I love this! Could not get the videos to fully load because my connection is so crappy, but the more knowledge, the better, I say...

Thanks for posting this!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

I really enjoyed the video's. Curious on the Carb totals - I do some alternatives so it would be great to get this straight. Do I count Total Carbs. or total carbs. minus the fibre, to make sure I am staying within my 25-40grams of carbs for the day?
PEIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #6  

Thanks for posting the link. Helps to stay focused!!!!!
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #7  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
I really enjoyed the video's. Curious on the Carb totals - I do some alternatives so it would be great to get this straight. Do I count Total Carbs. or total carbs. minus the fibre, to make sure I am staying within my 25-40grams of carbs for the day?
I'm only in my 4th week, so certainly don't consider myself an expert. (BTW I do alternatives too). But I took the Dr.'s comments in that one video to mean that we deduct fibre... so we're looking at the daily net carb count needing to be within 25-40 carbs/day. Otherwise I don't see why he would have even discussed fibre as it relates to daily carb count in that video.

PEIsland Girl, I'm wondering whether you saw the 'Extra Credit' video on that section... it's a second video clip where they're still talking about Restricted & Unrestricted IP Foods and the Dr. discusses how the fibre content of some foods isn't digested, etc, and therefor can be subjected from the overall carb count? Just in case you missed it, you can go back into that same video clip and while you're on the same webpage scroll down -- you'll see another video there under a heading called 'Extra Credit'. It's easy to miss if you don't scroll down.

Last edited by evepet; 04-21-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

PEIsland Girl, I'm wondering whether you saw the 'Extra Credit' video on that section... it's a second video clip where they're still talking about Restricted & Unrestricted IP Foods and the Dr. discusses how the fibre content of some foods isn't digested, etc, and therefor can be subjected from the overall carb count? Just in case you missed it, you can go back into that same video clip and while you're on the same webpage scroll down -- you'll see another video there under a heading called 'Extra Credit'. It's easy to miss if you don't scroll down.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I watched that as well. I had a protein drink for my snack today that had 7g of carbs and 2 g fibre - so that should be counted as 5 carbs not 7, right? The only reason I was questioning it was because I read on this site previously that we didn't substract the fibre. Good to get it straight. Thanks
PEIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #9  

Great Videos! Thanks for sharing!!!!
GramEGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

Thanks so much for sharing! Love them! Great resource
Jewelrydiva is offline   Reply With Quote