Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #91  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPers. Happy weekend.

I had my WI this morning (on my own now, no coach). 4 lbs. I haven't seen that number for a loss for weeks. It's usually just 2 (or less). I know WUV says your body has to adjust.

Now, with the great loss, I have concerns. I purchased a scale that measures all the good stuff: body fat, water, and muscle. I was worried before, since my inches weren't dropping much, I might be losing muscle. Well, I've had the scale for three weeks and yes, my muscle has been dropping each week. Last week I added about 15 extra grams of protein a day (0 fat 0 carbs, low calorie protein powder) hoping that would help. Now my muscle has dropped the most and to it's lowest level since I started with the scale at the end of March. I need suggestions. I don't want to hurt myself and I don't want to give up the program.
Molly
Molly, I found www.idealcoaching.tv last evening, which has a number of videos where a couple of coaches and a Dr. talk about various aspects of IP... including whether or not we should exercise. The Dr. was recommending what he called the 'Slow Burn Workout'. If you google it, you'll find lots of information. It seems designed to maximum muscle gain, and looks relatively easy to do at home with a minimum of equipment. Worth looking in to.

Actually, this is a more direct link to the video area where they're talking about exercise and 'Slow Burn Workout'. http://www.idealcoaching.tv/video-samples.html There's two videos where they're talking about exercise... both on the same webpage. Be sure to scroll to the bottom so you catch them both.

Last edited by evepet; 04-21-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

AliceB
Congrats on getting your ticker...and of course your success!!!!!
SewMam ...way to give yourself some much deserved time off today! Feel better!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
That is so sweet! I've noticed that I get a second look sometimes, and at first I thought, are my pants zipper open or something? What is he looking at?
Yeah LOL! The funny thing is that I'm wearing my sweats that I get weighed in.. not attractive at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12 View Post
Awesome loss! way to go Cassi
Did you change anything in your routine this last week over the other weeks?

LOL on the dude's comment; Such compliments would definitely raise one's spirits I am sure you will be well below 120 in time for your vacation.
Thank you! I feel like even with only a 2.8lb loss that the "WHOOSH Fairy" visited me this week. I did change a few things. I rarely use WF products and if I do, I only use 2 tsp per day. I do not use soy sauce and I watch my sodium intake as it causes water retention. I drink over a gallon of water per day. I make sure there are 4-6 hours in between meals. This prevents me from wanting to snack in between meals. And lastly, I go to bed when I'm tired no matter what time. I feel like it's helping!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi,

Cassie,
How funny and how wonderful too! Keep up the good work!
Chloe,
Thanks!! Let me know how you feel when you start phase 2. I'll be starting next week!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #94  
WI 1 4/23/12 -7lbs.

S/C/G: 271.5/264.5/175

Height: 6'0"

Default Frustrated!

I was doing so well on my first week until I got stressed at work and got off plan for lunch. Happy to repot I got back on plan right after that one meal. I've learned that "cheating" only makes me happy for that moment and ONLY for the moment. No more cheating for me. That's not the part I'm frustrated about. Since my one "Cheat" meal I vowed to drink ALL my water and then some until I got back into Ketosis. My water included Wyler's Light which has ingredients of Citric Acid and Aspartame. I drank if faithfully all day yesterday and today thinking I was doing my body good.....until I read that these two ingredients will kick you out of Ketosis. Uggggghhhhh! I am down 7 lbs. and looks like out of ketosis for more than planned for.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #95  

I had my consultation today and I am starting the plan tomorrow. I would love to make some new friends for encouragement and support.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcoughlin View Post
I had my consultation today and I am starting the plan tomorrow. I would love to make some new friends for encouragement and support.
Welcome. I am heading into week 3 so I am fairly new too. Read the posts each day, inspirational. The family here s amazing.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #97  
WI 1 4/23/12 -7lbs.

S/C/G: 271.5/264.5/175

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Welcome! Day 1 is the hardest. Good luck! I just started last week and doing well until I hit a bump in the road yesterday. I'm back on and have lost 6 lbs. so far.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Evening All.

Wanted to stop in and say hello. Today was my first day following IP and I did a good job. The hardest part of the day was sitting in the car with the smell of fast food all around me and not being able to touch it. That was my first step towards working on my goal. This takes strenght and willpower and I plan to give it my all.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #99  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Last night I went over to a friends house to play Yahtzee, he cooked pizza and had ice cream. When I got there he said I hope you are hungry I cooked us a pizza and got Ice cream for dessert. I said OH NO....I am not hungry (smacking my gum) he said well you are going to eat. I said no I am not hungry. He said just one piece I don't wanna eat alone, I said you are fine I'll drink some water while you eat. He said why won't you have at least one piece. I said I have loss 150lbs in the last 11 months and pizza and ice cream are NOT on my diet. He said a little won't hurt. I said....I said I am not hungry and don't want any....he sat and ate his pizza while I drank my water. We started playing Yahtzz he goes fix ice cream, puts like 1/4 cup in a bowl and puts it by me and says here a little won't hurt. I looked at him with a pair of eyes to KILL HIM and said I SAID NO, I DON"T WANT ANY....he said well you can't get up til you eat it. I said well I guess I'll be sleeping in this chair then. He ate all of his then ate mine....hahaha....he said you are ONE determined strong willed woman that is for sure. I said well when you go from weighing 388lbs to 236lbs you won't let anything or anyone get in the way of keeping your losses off....he said I guess you are right. I said OF COURSE I AM RIGHT...I AM A WOMAN....hahahah.....I GOT THIS.....NO ONE WILL STOP ME FROM GETTING TO 200LBS!!! [/COLOR]

Awesome Determination!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #100  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChill View Post
Just wanted to share my delicious dinner with you all! It was a hamburger with portobello mushrooms instead of a bun! Lettuce and dill pickle, WF ketchup and a whole lotta tastiness! It was everything OP and a great thing when your craving a big fat burger!
Can't wait to try this, I've been wondering if the portobello mushroom would taste good as a bun. Thanks for the great idea!! Have a great OP weekend!!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Welcome! I can say from experience that it has been very helpful to post on the boards, and read, read read!

I wish you much success! We are here for each other!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

My baby's birthday was today- a big one year old!

I was proud of myself today- we had our bar-b-que and we served a bunch of salads, burgers, and turkey dogs. I had my hamburger and a salad. Then, my son tried his cake...it was hilarious! I served the cake and I was able to pass it up, no problem! However, tonight it has been hard staying away from it. That is why I came on the boards so I would not be tempted to get into the fridge and have any! I made my pudding so I can have that soon.

Have a good night!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I was just checking out the IP threads at SparkPeople, and found reference to some good IP coaching short videos that are available at: www.idealcoaching.tv. "This site is aimed at IP providers but don't let that deter you. Click on "Get more details" at the bottom of the homepage, then scroll to the bottom of the details page and click on "sample videos". You can watch 14 sets of short videos for free". I've just watched them all, and did pick up clarification on a few things. They're worth checking out, especially for the newer members. These videos are given by a team of IP coaches led by a doctor.

A couple of the videos discuss exercise, etc. and they recommend something called the 'Slow Burn Workout'. I'm going to check into it now.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to check it out.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn04 View Post
WI #4 today another 6lbs gone whoooo 15 pounds gone in the 1st month ill take that
Congrats!!! So excited for you!
Old 04-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 213/205/130

Height: 5-3 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
My baby's birthday was today- a big one year old!

I was proud of myself today- we had our bar-b-que and we served a bunch of salads, burgers, and turkey dogs. I had my hamburger and a salad. Then, my son tried his cake...it was hilarious! I served the cake and I was able to pass it up, no problem! However, tonight it has been hard staying away from it. That is why I came on the boards so I would not be tempted to get into the fridge and have any! I made my pudding so I can have that soon.

Have a good night!
Happy BirthdAY to your little one! Love 1st birthdays! My littlest one turned 3 yesterday....so birthday cake was a temptation here too!

WTG....Pat yourself for sticking to the program!
Closed Thread