Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning all, and happy Friday! So glad the weekend's almost here!

Lots going on this weekend - our local home show with my mom and sister, girl's night on Saturday and then Sunday I'm meeting a friend who's taking all of my larger clothes as she starts her own weight loss journey. Will feel SO good to get rid of all of those larger sizes, knowing I'll never need them again as long as I stay strong and committed!

Also started the cleanse today so we'll see if that puts a crimp in my weekend. Hopefully not.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #32  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceb1953 View Post
Any suggestions for water retention? Every morning I wake up with swollen fingers. I only eat recommended amount of sea salt and plenty of water ( about 100-120 ozs ) my coach said to drink at least 80 ozs so figured more was better. Am I drinking too much?
I have been told to drink about half your body weight in ounces or 8 glasses a day. 100- 120 oz would work if your current weight is 200 - 240lbs. I would suggest you cut back on the water.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #33  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Morning. I am on Day 4 of my restart. I am struggling today. Headache and hungry. I ate eggs and ham for breakfast. Not a great start i know but i was STARVING. I thought i was in ketosis yesterday but i woke up starving. I can't wait for the less/no cravings part to kick in. I know it should be soon. Maybe i kicked myself back out yesterday with a restricted and too much splenda. Not sure but not happy today.

Sorry just venting......

Good luck everyone.
Fresh day, fresh start!! Hang in there
Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #34  
Started IP 3/28/12

S/C/G: 140/128/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
I have been told to drink about half your body weight in ounces or 8 glasses a day. 100- 120 oz would work if your current weight is 200 - 240lbs. I would suggest you cut back on the water.
Thanks Sanaroph! I will try that
Old 04-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #35  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone! This is my 2nd post and 2nd day on IP! Just finished my Lemon Poppyseed Bar. I already feel so much better and am looking forward to being at a healthy weight. I did HCG last year and gained it all back plus more. So happy I found your forum!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #36  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Fresh day, fresh start!! Hang in there
Thank you. I will be okay...just needed to vent. The mental thoughts are so much worse than the physical cravings.

I just got a huge glass of just water...no sweetner. I am going to drink that and fill up some.

BTW I love your flower picture. Very vibrant.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone hope you have a great IP day. I am not feeling well today when I got up this am very bad stomach problems and this is a day that is jam packed full of stuff till late this evening. Wont have a problem with eating today becouse I feel aweful.

I do hope everyone has a great day and rember this is your journey enjoy it.

Oh something funny happened yesterday one of the contractors came in and I was walking down the hall and he says "hey your hair is flippy today you have alot of bounce to your hair." I said back " you mean to tell me that you noticed that my hair was flippy I have lost almost 30lbs and you notice my hair." He laughed and said "now that you mention it you have lost weight." guys are so funny sometimes.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #38  

Height: 5'7"

Starting Phase 2 today!! I think it will be hard boiled eggs on a bed of spinach, yum. And I'm starting Phase 3 next Friday. I am not near goal weight but there are events ahead where I won't be following OP so I figured I'd phase off beforehand. Bring on the real protein lunches!!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #39  
Full of awesome

S/C/G: 259/177/150

Height: 5' 5"

Morning!

I'm a little frustrated this week. I've been 100% OP since starting, and have had great losses so far. But since my last WI on Monday I lost a pound, then gained it back, plus another half pound. I'm nowhere near my TOM, I have not encountered the "big C", and as far as I can tell, I'm not retaining water. I suppose I could be losing inches, but my clothes haven't felt any different recently. I'll just hope for a big loss next week and (hopefully) just write this one of as an anomaly.

In more uplifting news, I made it through a couple of first-time challenges this week, too. The first was going out to a bar with my friends. I'm usually a social drinker, and I...well, socialize a lot. I made it through the evening with lots of water and some decaf coffee, and ordered a dry skirt steak and nixed the garlic mashers. And deflected plenty of smart*** comments from my friends.

After that, I had to go to three days of meetings at a hotel and went out to lunch with co-workers 2 out of the 3 days. I, too, did the salad with EVOO and lemons that I saw mentioned above.

I'm proud of myself for not even being tempted to cheat, but I just wish my iron willpower was rewarded by my scale. Haha!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #40  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12 View Post
Excellent progress..Congrats on your achievement
Thanks for the encouragement! Really helps!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycarrieann8 View Post
This happened to me reeeeeally badly for the first few weeks, but I haven't had them in a while. The guilty feeling is the funniest part!

Anyway, I had my 6th WI this morning and am down another 3 pounds. Hooray! But here comes the tricky part: I am currently waiting in the airport to board a flight to Las Vegas for my best friend's bachelorette party. I have all my food packed and ready to go, but I am really nervous about this weekend. The nature of a bachelorette party is not conducive to disciplined dieting, and I am worried about going too overboard.
Good luck!!! I have my best friend's bachelorette party on May 19 - please let me know how your weekend goes because I'm nervous for mine coming up!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #42  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

I love the EVOO and lemons for salad dressing. Most restaurants can accommodate that. Eating out is hard but necessary. I have gotten used to asking the waiter/waitress for exactly what i want. i used to never do that. And most places are great about it.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #43  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Re travelling, I keep a zip lock bag in my purse (obviously not taking that bag onto the plane in my purse) filled with some WF indiv packed salad dressings, a berry pomegranate Mio (I'll use this in place of wine any day!), a soup packet, a chocolate liquid stevia bottle. I can eat out comfortably as well as handle being at cocktail parties, happily.

I know what you mean. You realize that drinking all the water is really the best thing but we so want to see that lower number on the scale! I'd probably fight the urge to not drink the water and just go ahead and drink it since next week, you'll see a bigger loss most likely and this diet is about teaching healthy habits and a long term perspective. It's tough though, but you are worth it! Do what you know in your heart is right for you. (And let us know what you decide.)
Thanks for the feed back! I am drinking just not as much! I will see if that helps for my night time WI, usually AM WI's are not an issue. Can get rid of the bloat over night. I really appreciate your input!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #44  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
Hello everyone hope you have a great IP day. I am not feeling well today when I got up this am very bad stomach problems and this is a day that is jam packed full of stuff till late this evening. Wont have a problem with eating today becouse I feel aweful.

I do hope everyone has a great day and rember this is your journey enjoy it.

Oh something funny happened yesterday one of the contractors came in and I was walking down the hall and he says "hey your hair is flippy today you have alot of bounce to your hair." I said back " you mean to tell me that you noticed that my hair was flippy I have lost almost 30lbs and you notice my hair." He laughed and said "now that you mention it you have lost weight." guys are so funny sometimes.

Your post made me
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #45  
started IP 3/30/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post

BTW I love your flower picture. Very vibrant.
Thank you
Closed Thread