Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Had my second WI yesterday and lost 5.5 pounds !! So excited ... AND it was a surprise because I stayed off the scale for the entire week ... YAY!!!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody!

Carol - I've been looking for rhubarb too -it must be the air or something. I finally found some in one grocery store, frozen, near the fruits (even though it's a vegetable).

I have never had rhubarb before - what do you all do with it?

I did manage to put a little fresh kale in with my spinach smoothie, and with the chocolate syrup, you didn't taste it.

I too, could not sleep last night and didn't wake up until later than my norm, but that's the way it goes. My hands were hurting from the stickers on the vines I'm pulling out. Need to wear bandaids and better gloves, I think...

Back to work I go, pulling vines, clearing out the carport for pressure washing tomorrow! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody!

Carol - I've been looking for rhubarb too -it must be the air or something. I finally found some in one grocery store, frozen, near the fruits (even though it's a vegetable).

I have never had rhubarb before - what do you all do with it?

I did manage to put a little fresh kale in with my spinach smoothie, and with the chocolate syrup, you didn't taste it.

I too, could not sleep last night and didn't wake up until later than my norm, but that's the way it goes. My hands were hurting from the stickers on the vines I'm pulling out. Need to wear bandaids and better gloves, I think...

Back to work I go, pulling vines, clearing out the carport for pressure washing tomorrow! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
I take it out of the bag and put it in a bowl to put in the microwave for about 3 minutes (this is for 1 bag of 1 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb) and after it comes out of the microwave I put it in the blender and get it to a consistency I like.. I hate eating it as stalks..yuck! Then once it's at the consistency I like I'll put it back in the bowl, mix in about 2 tsp WF blueberry or strawberry syrup to cut the bitterness (you can use a packet or two of stevia or splenda to do this, too) and cinnamon. YUM!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #19  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been weighing myself every day...need to stop! :0

I have a greek dressing which is less than 1 carb. The fat and calorie content is the same as using oil on my salad. I need to look again at the nutrition facts to see what kind of oil is used. Anyway, I had some last night on a salad and it was really, really good. I added 1 oz of feta (didn't have any milk yesterday!).

Anyone else experiment with other dressings besides WF and olive oil/vinegar?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy

Had my first WI last night, down 7.5 pounds in 3 1/2 days (I started on Sun. but my coach wants me to get to Wednesday WI's so it wasn't a full week, next week will tell the tale.) I have been sick for the past couple of days I have a terrible cough but I still don't feel terrible. I have been drinking hot tea I find it helps but I am not getting in all my veggies. Anyway hopefully I will feel better soon I am on strong antiboiotics. I hope that everyone has a great OP day.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I get mine at Whole Foods every week. It's in the freezer aisle though. Near the other frozen veggies. I hope you find it!
My coach just last week told me to cut down to only 2tsp of WF products per day. I've really cut it down and only a few days this week have used any at all. Also, I've cut out the soy sauce. That causes water retention! I drink at least a gallon of water per day, too. At WI last Saturday I was at 125.4 on theif scale and this morning I weighed myself at 123 (this would be 122 on their scale). That's a huge drop for me! And I still have 2 more days until my weigh in. Hope this helps and good luck!
Yay! Cassie, Congrats!!! This morning I saw a 0.2lb loss - finally the scale moved My weigh-in is on Saturday too!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning.

Today is the Big Day. Im going to my Ideal Protein workshop to start my journey, wish me luck. And as always Good Luck to Everyone on their goals!
Welcome and good luck! This has been a great journey for me and I think it will be for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilone1357 View Post
Good Morning Everyone !!! Hope everyone has a GREAT Thursday !!!
Good Morning Lilone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! I haven't been able to post for a while. My crazy life.....lol. Down -2lbs this week. I know I have not been getting all my water so I really need to work on that. Need to set the coffee down and drink more water!

Hope everyone has a great day!
I do too! But I love my coffee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Had my second WI yesterday and lost 5.5 pounds !! So excited ... AND it was a surprise because I stayed off the scale for the entire week ... YAY!!!!!
Awesome! Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I have been weighing myself every day...need to stop! :0
I had DH hide the scale this week. I am so addicted to it but I want to be surprised at my next weigh-in. I will let you know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
Had my first WI last night, down 7.5 pounds in 3 1/2 days (I started on Sun. but my coach wants me to get to Wednesday WI's so it wasn't a full week, next week will tell the tale.) I have been sick for the past couple of days I have a terrible cough but I still don't feel terrible. I have been drinking hot tea I find it helps but I am not getting in all my veggies. Anyway hopefully I will feel better soon I am on strong antiboiotics. I hope that everyone has a great OP day.
Welcome and I hope you feel better soon!

I had one new lamb this morning! I still have 2 more ewes to go! I love babies, they are so cute!
I hope everyone has a great day, stay motivated because summer is almost here!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12 View Post
Yay! Cassie, Congrats!!! This morning I saw a 0.2lb loss - finally the scale moved My weigh-in is on Saturday too!
Woo hoo! Love seeing that scale move! GL to us on saturday!

Edit: Looks like we have the same stats. Good luck on your journey and keep me up to date on your progress!

Last edited by CassiR; 04-19-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

I am soo ready for the weekend. I have a baby shower to go to. Please let there be a vegetable tray or I will be forced to roll in with a protein shake and a salad
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

I am trying to put a before and a 3 month later pic on my profile any help would be appreciated. hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

lets see if this worked
Old 04-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #27  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
OMG... I almost did the same thing this week. Our nearest whole foods is 40 miles away. Luckily, I told my mom about my plan and she told my that my grandmother had some rhubarb in her freezer. Score! I still can't find kale though...let us know if you find anything fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ng951 View Post
I went to whole foods last week. They had the rhubarb. It was good and the 45 minute ride was worth it lol. Nancy from the Cape
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I get mine at Whole Foods every week. It's in the freezer aisle though. Near the other frozen veggies. I hope you find it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Carol, I hate telling you, I looked at the Whole Foods in Atlanta a few months ago for rhubarb and none there. But again, opposite the kale, rhubarb is a northern veggie and most people here don't have a clue what it is, so you don't find it much in the south. I finally found some frozen at a place called Fresh Market. I know that's a chain, but don't know how far reaching it's locations are. For the past few weeks, I have been buying fresh rhubarb at Kroger. That was nice, but I see it's gone now. I had it so much during that time, I've burned myself out on it anyway.

Good luck on the search.
Molly
SCORE!! lol, they had the Rhubarb and I bought 10 packs of it, a guy in the aisle chuckled and said you sure do like that stuff huh? I said I dont know yet, I never tried it. He looked a littled puzzled

It took me an hour to get there and an hour home so i stocked up.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #28  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

Just chiming in on the rhubarb. I, too, am in the South. Here in Louisiana the Baton Rouge Whole Foods has both fresh and frozen rhubarb (bought some of each yesterday). I doubt they carry fresh year round, but it is definitely there right now.
In the frozen section, they had it with the fruits and not the vegetables. It is in a light brown colored bag.
Hope this helps!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

When I was a kid, my mom would cook the rhubarb and ad sugar to it, it was more like a sauce. My husband loves rhubarb pie and i think I will try the raspberry jelly added to it. I think I saw a recipe for a crunch made with oatmeal on top. I haven't been able to find it in the stores yet but soon, I hope.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Good morning everyone! Congrats on all the WI victories and food-finding victories! Have a great OP day!
Closed Thread