Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=lindsayk86;4298795]Good Morning Everyone,

But on the good side of things I am down 2.6lbs this morning and that brings me into ONEDERLAND barely but I am in haha it's been years probably 8 years since I have seen a 1 in front of my numbers on the scale. It's very rewarding.
QUOTE]

Woohoo! That is so exciting! I am close too! Great job!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #92  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
Good morning Beautiful Ladies!

I hope no one minds if I just vent a bit. . .I will try to keep it brief. I lost my DH to cancer 10 yrs ago. It has taken me a very long time to heal. I have always hoped that someday I would find someone to share my life with again, but it is such a different ball game now (I am 56). It has always p*ssed me off that there is such a double standard when it comes to looks and weight. How many times have we seen the bald, beer-bellied guy with a model-type who is 20 years younger on his arm? (Apologies to the gentlemen who are reading, but it really is true). It is even perpetuated by popular TV shows like "According To Jim" (not to mention that Jim is a total idiot as well). I have dabbled a bit with the on-line dating sites, and yesterday a guy contacted me, saying he would like to chat. He described himself as kind, loving, big-hearted, fun, very good-looking, and on and on. Then, went on to specify that he was looking for someone who was very fit--after all he "work(s) at it and so should everyone else" (his words). This is kindness??? In my mind, he might as well have put "Fatties Need Not Apply." I have been upset ever since. I know, I know, there are decent men out there. But it is very true that by the time you reach your 50's, they are darn scarce. It breaks my heart for every single woman alive -- most of us diet for a huge portion of our lives, spend hundreds of dollars and endless hours on make-up, hair and clothes, stuff our feet into pointy toed sky-high heels, only to be told that we are still not good enough to be loved. I am mad, I am sad and I am just plain discouraged. The only good thing that I can say, is that so-and-so is NOT going to drive me to the doughnuts and ice cream. He is not worth it. But he IS going to get a piece of my mind!!!!!

Thanks for listening.
Sorry to hear of the loss of your DH. The dating scene is horrible for ALL ages. I am 46 and it seems all guys(sorry guys) are looking for ONE thing. I am not all about that I wanna get to know someone and see if you click for a while before THAT happens. I am currently on a dating site and on my profile I say I am a BBW and if you are not aware of what that is, its a big beautiful woman, which means I am a BIGGER girl, If you are not into BBW's then there is no need to read any further. If you are one of those that judge a book by its cover then its your loss. If you want to get to know a woman with a heart of gold who is down to earth, then take a change and get to know me. Sorry, but this is who I am, I am not into games are judging people, take me as I am or not at all, really doesn't matter to me.....guess that is why I am still single....hahah

I had a 2lb loss this week AND loss 3.5 inches!! Remember how I talked about being frustrated with my cousin, well he weighed in today and guess what???...he GAINED 6lbs!!!!.... he said I dunno what I did I followed the program but......he ate OTHER junk then says I guess the weeks I cheated have caught up with me.....ya think? is what I was thinking. I didn't say anything to him, I couldn't, it wouldn't of been nice if I did
Old 04-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Plus, I want to go shopping in someplace other than Lane Bryant, Avenue and the plus size of Dress Barn. y motivated. I think I can already tell mty double chin is going down
Good for you!! I had to laugh at the shopping part of your reply - I feel the same way!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
WI #4 today- down 3 lbs! I am happy with the results, but a bit confused as well...my coach has one of those hand-held machines that calculates body fat % and for the last 3 weigh-ins, it has shown 36%. That's 36% body fat at 160.6, and 36% body fat at 164.2. Does that seem weird? I have a WW scale that calculates BF% and that shows somewhere around 32.0-32.8% when I use it (and it measures me at the same weight as my coach's scale).
Also, last week I only lost 0.6 lb but lost 4 inches while this week I lost 3lbs and only 0.5 inches. What the heck? Does this happen to everybody? Either way, I am determined to make my goal...

I only have to lose 4.6 more pounds to be back within height and weight standards for the Navy
Not seeing what your scan chart looks like, is it possible that your percentages are different because of your lean mass? Maybe if your lean mass went down, then the percentage would have stayed about the same. Not sure about the differences with the scale - although I know at our clinic the scan is on the computer, where the scale is not.

As far as the inches lost one week, and pounds the next - those are pretty good numbers and I know they happened to me all the time! Especially when you dont have as much to lose! Keep at a 100% and the pounds will come off!!!

Been a rough day for me today - not for myself, but watching my friend (also coworker) on this diet, and she is NOT following and I'm so frustrated when I hear her talking to other coworkers about the diet and she's not even following! Plus, she can afford ($) to be on this plan, however, my other friend, who is doing FABULOUSLY struggles financially and may not be able to stay on because of $$$!!!! I'm so torn!

Anyway - WI tonight, and I will be starting Phase 2 this weekend!!!! Maintenance here I come!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #95  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildvl View Post
So I am on day 3 of IP. My coached phoned me today and I asked her about egg whites. I had just made myself the pancakes using the crispy cereal and two egg whites. I asked her if this was okay and she said, that it wasn't. She said that if it isn't on our "handout" then to not do it.

I'm confused as I've seen a lot of people use egg whites in their modified recipes. And that I've also seen suggestions of eating cooked egg whites if you are having cravings.

I had the egg white crispy pancake for breakfast...should I have had it for lunch?

For the most part, my coach doesn't seem overly knowledgable. I don't believe she's actually gone on the program and is just using the handout as a guide.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
I have been using them in recipes, as everyone else does and I have been losing. If you want to follow her advise you can make the crispy cereal pancakes without the egg whites. I just use water and 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp vanilla and some cinnamon.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

All those scales are innacurrate. You should pick one jd use it to look for a downward trend over a few weeks. As long as it is dropping you should be happy.
You can look online for pictures of what various body fat percentages look like.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #97  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Thumbs up congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
I saw it too and thought "that's just creepy", but I guess with today's society everyone is just impatient. I thought about that bride and thought, she doesn't need to lose any weight. I am sure that they will put it all back on becuase they are not learning how to eat properly and will go back to their old ways.

Anyways, Good morning everyone. I have been lurking in the background, reading everyday but haven't posted in a bit. I am doing well with the program but seem to maybe be at a stall, might have to take away my beloved bars. We will see, it's still 3 days until WI, so my body my surprise me and drop some before then.

I can't believe that I am already passed the 1/2 way point to my goal, the time has gone by so quickly. 9 weeks ago, I thought I was never going to find a way to lose the weight because the numbers were so overwhelming, but here I am feeling so proud that I took the challenge to lose this weight thru IP.

People are starting to call me "skinny", I don't think I have ever been called "skinny" before. It's interesting how a couple of months back, I didn't want any attention, I would always hang back in the crowd, now I will take the attention. It feels pretty good that people are noticing and commenting.

Have a great day Everyone!!!!
That is so cool..keep up the good work
Old 04-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #98  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Default Love

Day 2 on this site and i love reading all the posts..makes me feel like im not alone on the diet..Not sure if im posting correctly or not but we will see
Old 04-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I've tried low-carbing on my own in the past, and found it more difficult. The fact that I can eat 'plan approved' (or in my case appropriate alternative) blueberry pancakes + syrup for breakfast, a nice filling soup (with veggies & spices blended in to give it bulk, texture, and added flavor) & salad (with a flavorful WF dressing) for lunch, and a full Protein + Vegetable + Salad dinner keeps me pretty well satiated. And being able to enjoy a tasty protein bar or protein shake as a snack makes me feel like I'm not giving up my 'treats'. I'm rather astonished, because I'm not feeling like I'm missing anything at all when I eat this way.
I agree completely, I don't feel like I'm on a diet or deprived. This is a very good thing! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
So in a strange way, I owe my seriousness about this to my brother.
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. I send my sincere condolences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyflower View Post
Been a rough day for me today - not for myself, but watching my friend (also coworker) on this diet, and she is NOT following and I'm so frustrated when I hear her talking to other coworkers about the diet and she's not even following! Plus, she can afford ($) to be on this plan, however, my other friend, who is doing FABULOUSLY struggles financially and may not be able to stay on because of $$$!!!! I'm so torn!

Anyway - WI tonight, and I will be starting Phase 2 this weekend!!!! Maintenance here I come!
Not trying to push alternatives but for those who are feeling financially pinched, the alternatives can be used for an average price of $35/wk. I bring this up bc I'd hate to see anyone abandon this program due to cost.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #100  

Had my 9th WI today, pretty dissapointed since i had no change in anything. My weight didnt change and my BF% didnt change. We didnt do measurements this week because my coach only does them every other week. The reason im really dissapointed is because this is first week i have stayed strictly OP. I didnt have a sprinkle of cheese or a dash more of milk, its my birthday on friday so i made a concious decision to stay on program this week so that i can have A drink on friday night. But, now i feel like saying "SCREW IT", im having cake....i probably wont, but, ill want to really bad.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #101  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

[QUOTE=Sccrkeepr;4299407]Had my 9th WI today, pretty dissapointed since i had no change in anything. My weight didnt change and my BF% didnt change. We didnt do measurements this week because my coach only does them every other week. The reason im really dissapointed is because this is first week i have stayed strictly OP. I didnt have a sprinkle of cheese or a dash more of milk, its my birthday [/COLOR][quote]

Your body is changing to catch up with the losses you have had so far. If this ONE weigh in is upsetting you this much for you to throw in the towel then you need to really think about why you are on this program. There are lots of things that you must consider, like TOM, retaining water, your body changing. YOU WILL NOT HAVE A LOSS EVERYWEEK....I say this because I have been on the program for 50 weeks now and I have had a FEW weeks were I loss NOTHING or even GAINED...I have been OP for 50 week 100% NEVER cheated and it STILL happened to me. You will have another birthday NEXT year, why would you want to WASTE all of your hard work for the last 9 weeks for ONE drink. Your attitude "screw it" will not make it better. You have to stay COMMITTED!!!....FOCUS!...You can do this!!

Here is my newest Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY4Wa...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 04-18-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is cool but sunny here in VT, spring almost here, the lawn is finally turning green and will need to be mowed soon.

Tomorrow is my third weigh in. I am nervous and excited. I've had such great success so far, I want to keep moving in the right direction.
I am anxious to see your weigh in, you have lost so much in 2 weeks.......as hard as it is....try not to think too big tho! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccrkeepr View Post
Had my 9th WI today, pretty dissapointed since i had no change in anything. My weight didnt change and my BF% didnt change. We didnt do measurements this week because my coach only does them every other week. The reason im really dissapointed is because this is first week i have stayed strictly OP. I didnt have a sprinkle of cheese or a dash more of milk, its my birthday on friday so i made a concious decision to stay on program this week so that i can have A drink on friday night. But, now i feel like saying "SCREW IT", im having cake....i probably wont, but, ill want to really bad.
Don't give up, I know how you feel though, I feel like that from time to time, I hate feeling deprived......luckily it doesn't happen too often but when it does it can be hard to get thru. I just try to remind myself of how much better I feel physically. I don't feel bloated and I have tons of energy. Put it behind you and try and focus on the positive.......it will move again!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, lots of great losses going on today, hoping for one for myself tomorrow. I have a huge headache, gonna do a salt lick and eat some supper, hope that is it.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone, you all play an important role for me to stay on track, thanks for your posts.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #104  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie here

Hello Everyone! I'm very excited that I found you all on this forum and am hoping I can join for support.
My very first post!

Had my first appointment with my nurse today and got my week's worth of food.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
I am anxious to see your weigh in, you have lost so much in 2 weeks.......as hard as it is....try not to think too big tho! Good luck!

Don't give up, I know how you feel though, I feel like that from time to time, I hate feeling deprived......luckily it doesn't happen too often but when it does it can be hard to get thru. I just try to remind myself of how much better I feel physically. I don't feel bloated and I have tons of energy. Put it behind you and try and focus on the positive.......it will move again!
You know whats funny, is that i dont feel physically better. Lighter yes, but i feel more scatterbrained, i dont have any more energy than i had before, and i feel slightly depressed since i started this. I didnt realize how happy food made me till i stopped eating the things i loved. Oh well, im not quitting, i just felt like i need to vent a bit. My coach sucks and she yells at me if i eat broccoli and cauliflower in the same meal or in the same day. Shes not that supportive and seems to find something wrong with what im doing all the time. Such as life, nothings ever easy...so i'll keep chugging along.
Closed Thread