Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #136  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelrydiva View Post
I'm starting program tomorrow and feeling a bunch of emotions all at the sametime. I had an appointment set for gastric sleeve surgery and all of a sudden felt like I needed to look into Ideal Protein.

I've battled with my weight since my husband and I went through 10 in vertro procedures and the pregnancy weights just all added up. So this is my last shot at trying to get my weight under control in hopes of feeling better about myself, not have so many breathing issues with my asthma and be able to sit on the ground and play with my kids.

I'm so excited to have found this group! Thanks for listening/reading.
Good luck! Just making the decision to do IP is a big step. I've only been on for 5 weeks, but it's one of the best things I've ever done!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #137  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

WI #5 tonight. Down 1 lb, but 5.6"! Love this program and this site for all the inspiration and ideas!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
Good morning everyone and hope you all are having a great week!

Yesterday, I saw on the news about this new diet that requires a feeding tube and wanted to see if anyone else saw it. A doctor puts a feeding tube in you and this is all you eat for 10 days. They say you can loose up to 20 pounds. The cost is $1500/10 days. I think I will stick to eating my IP food!!

Peg
Seems a bit crazy to me. After all if you are considering such a drastic measure you probably need to lose way more than 20 pounds. Then what do it again and again. Doesn't even seem like it should be legal.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 202/167/135

Height: 5'1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Just back from WI.. lost 2 1/2 pounds and 6 1/4 inches. ( hmmm, I lost a 1/2 a foot of my body). I am now exactly half way to goal. yaaaaay its all down hill from here.

Have a wonderful day!!!!
Yay you! What a wonderful accomplishment.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #140  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawebb View Post
Seems a bit crazy to me. After all if you are considering such a drastic measure you probably need to lose way more than 20 pounds. Then what do it again and again. Doesn't even seem like it should be legal.
I second that, totally insane! IP isn't much slower and a total bargain compared to that craziness. Wonder what happens if you were to cheat on that "diet"...
Old 04-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #141  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayk86 View Post
But on the good side of things I am down 2.6lbs this morning and that brings me into ONEDERLAND barely but I am in haha it's been years probably 8 years since I have seen a 1 in front of my numbers on the scale. It's very rewarding.
That's great, welcome to onederland!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Hello Everyone! I'm very excited that I found you all on this forum and am hoping I can join for support.
My very first post!

Had my first appointment with my nurse today and got my week's worth of food.
You will love this plan, it's truly the best ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelrydiva View Post
I'm starting program tomorrow and feeling a bunch of emotions all at the sametime. I had an appointment set for gastric sleeve surgery and all of a sudden felt like I needed to look into Ideal Protein.

I've battled with my weight since my husband and I went through 10 in vertro procedures and the pregnancy weights just all added up. So this is my last shot at trying to get my weight under control in hopes of feeling better about myself, not have so many breathing issues with my asthma and be able to sit on the ground and play with my kids.

I'm so excited to have found this group! Thanks for listening/reading.
Welcome! You will be so happy that you decided to take the Ideal Protein path rather than deal with with gastric surgery. It's been the best and most successful weight loss plan I have ever been on. Basically it has changed my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
So,

I had the best birthday EVER (today)....I gave myself IP as a present last year (after my birthday) - I started 19 April...and today I had my 52nd weigh in...and I hit it!!

WOOHOO....GOAL!!!!

I started out in the daily and ended up in the 100%...so I felt the need to post in here.

GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!

I'm happy EVERYTHING right now - my cheeks hurt cause I'm smiling so much!!!

I am SO excited for you and all of your hard work has so payed off. What an amazing job you have done. This calls for a group hug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just weighed in about 7 pm at my doctors. 15 hours early but another 5 pounds down for a total of 40 pounds in 3 weeks.
Absolutly amazaing and so proud of you. I can't wait to see what the future weeks hold for you.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #142  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
[Just weighed in about 7 pm at my doctors. 15 hours early but another 5 pounds down for a total of 40 pounds in 3 weeks]
Woohoo! Way to go!

Quote:
So here's my little NSV for the day: I walked by one of our manager's office today, and he called me in. He said "get in here, skinny girl!" Loved it, even though he's a bit optimistic there

Almost forgot... Wish me luck for my WI tomorrow. Will promptly report the results.
I love it 'skinny girl'. LOL. Best of luck for your WI tomorrow.

Quote:
The thing is, in the past when I pushed too hard, I had a melt-down and ate whatever was in front of my face, i.e., those dangerous nuts, but today I didn't!
I always enjoy reading your comments. It's so encouraging to me, following the progress of you and the others on the board who've progressed and are phasing out through 2-3-4. It gives me heart that I can do it too. P.S. Your stirfry sounds delish.

Quote:
WI #5 tonight. Down 1 lb, but 5.6"! Love this program and this site for all the inspiration and ideas!
Gotta love it.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
So,

I had the best birthday EVER (today)....I gave myself IP as a present last year (after my birthday) - I started 19 April...and today I had my 52nd weigh in...and I hit it!!

WOOHOO....GOAL!!!!

I started out in the daily and ended up in the 100%...so I felt the need to post in here.

GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!

So so so awesome!!! Congrats on meeting your goal, and happy birthday!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

So many great WIs and NSVs today! Congratulations everyone.

I had WI #6 today--down 2.1 pounds. Phase 2 is within sight now. . .

Way to go, Ishbel! How fabulous you must feel in meeting your goal.

usmcvet, your losses are impressive. Keep up the great job!

I am so grateful that I found this site. All the information and support that members provide here is truly invaluable.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
So,

WOOHOO....GOAL!!!!

GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!

What a great present! You have accomplished something great today and I am so happy for you! Well done!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #146  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Originally Posted by Sewmam
After posting a couple hours ago that I was exhausted beyond my limits, I calmly came inside and cut my vegees and made my delicious stir-fry salad with turkey and pasta and WF Honey Mustard, and it was downright delicious. The thing is, in the past when I pushed too hard, I had a melt-down and ate whatever was in front of my face, i.e., those dangerous nuts, but today I didn't! Yabadabadoo!!!

Awesome. It's good to hear you made a good choice.

It feels so good!

Thanks for the kind words. Checking in here a few times a day really helps. Thank You All!

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-18-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #147  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Bargains - discounts

Hi all,

I'm running really late. Had to read all the posts so far. Congrats to all those great losses and good news.

I have some discounts to pass on. I know we all love bargains.

I ordered from iHerb (www.iHerb.com), Miracle Noodles and some flavored Stevia. Great prices, but on the bottom of my receipt is what they title Savings for Them. For those of you who have never ordered before from iHerb, you can use the code AWE373 to receive $5 off.

Next, is The Protein Store (www.buyproteinfood.com). They sell only genuine IP products; the food and the supplements. For those of us having problems getting IP items, this seems like it will be a great source. Their prices are about equivalent to the centers, but they were very fast at shipping and someone named Daisy added personal notes all over the receipt and flyers attached. One neote was use the promo code SPRING to receive 10% off through April 30th. They show the new Chicken a la King soup that was mentioned in an earler post. It is to be available this week. I'd say give them a try.

I am in the US and not sure about shipping or availability for our Canadian IPers. Sorry, I should have looked. Didn't know they would offer discounts when I was online and ordered that I would be rushing and passing on tonight.

Hate to rush off, but early morning and another day at work comes too fast.
Molly
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #148  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

P.S. I sent an email to Daisy at The Protein Store with a question. This was a couple hours ago, way after business hours. She already answered me from her iPhone. I love great customer service. Just had to pass this along.

Have a great rest of the evening and tomorrow until I can get online after work tomorrow night.
Molly
Old 04-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #149  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
So,

WOOHOO....GOAL!!!!

GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!

Congratulations!!! You deserve that big smile!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just weighed in about 7 pm at my doctors. 15 hours early but another 5 pounds down for a total of 40 pounds in 3 weeks.
Great Job!! Keep up the great work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy4 View Post
Day 2 on this site and i love reading all the posts..makes me feel like im not alone on the diet..Not sure if im posting correctly or not but we will see
You definitely aren't alone on this diet, lots of us here, new and old!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Hello Everyone! I'm very excited that I found you all on this forum and am hoping I can join for support.
My very first post!

Had my first appointment with my nurse today and got my week's worth of food.
Welcome and we are all happy to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider04 View Post
Official WI this morning..another 5.9! Whoot Whoot!
They just got another soup in today so I bought a box, Chicken Ala King! It was delicious!!!!!!!
Awesome job!! Can't wait to try that, love that they are coming out with new things to try every now and then!!

I tried something new in my stirfry tonight, I thinly sliced up some radishes, it was so yummy, who knew!! Have great evening everyone!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 233/204/150

Height: 5'1"

WI # 3, lost 2 lbs. Its TOM so I expected the weight loss to slow down a bit. Im ok with it cause it is still a lost and not a gain. Previously on other diets I would gain weight during TOM. Hopefully next week will be a greater loss.

Wk #1 -4
WK #2 -5
Wk #3 -2
Closed Thread