Old 04-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209.6/158/140

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Novi Cure Detox Kit

I got the Detox kit today cause i feel like I'm in a rut and this might help "boost" things again.... anyone use this before? how did it go? anything i should know about? did you see an increase to the weight loss?

any thoughts or experiences would be great!
lynzenbocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzenbocker View Post
I got the Detox kit today cause i feel like I'm in a rut and this might help "boost" things again.... anyone use this before? how did it go? anything i should know about? did you see an increase to the weight loss?

any thoughts or experiences would be great!
I did a bunch of searching for info on this site and much of it is against the Detox. (Try searching for these threads: Anyone doing a cleanse? and Novi Cleanse - Q&E as I still haven't figure out how to embed them.)

I started it today anyway

To add to the thoughts on the threads, first clinic I used sold it but never mentioned it. The clinic I now go to does suggest it after 4 weeks. I've been putting it off, but this seems like the right time as I would like a "boost" too.

I'm pretty sure the various ingredients in Novi-Renal and Novi-Pur are ones that I took in the past as part of the supplements for Metabolic Research Centers diet. Not sure if that is good or bad. I know I did not experience "the Big C" on that diet like I do on IP, but I think IP is a better program overall.

We can PM back and forth to discuss our progress & thoughts on the cleanse, if you would like.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #3  

Go for it! I did it after 4 weeks and had incredible results....its all natural so you will not become "immune" to it. I use the Novi Lax every few weeks just to do a mini cleanse.
Totally worth it
Good luck!
2leftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

I picked it up 2 weeks ago, started it, then stopped because I injured my sholder and did not want and extra burden on my body while it healed. Just started back on it 3 days ago. I have been stalled at 185 +/- a pound for 10 days, so hope it will help. The scale has made a small move down. I did continue the Novi-Lax since I got it. My coach is not "sold" on the cleanse, I think I am her first client to do it. I will let you know how it goes. I was really emotional today, crying and "hormonal". Don't know if it was the cleanse or other stuff, crying isn't something I usually do.
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #5  
threenorns

the only thing you need to "detox" and "cleanse" is a clean diet, lots of fresh, clean water, and a healthy liver and set of kidneys.

those detox things clean out nothing but your wallet.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesHotWife View Post
I picked it up 2 weeks ago, started it, then stopped because I injured my sholder and did not want and extra burden on my body while it healed. Just started back on it 3 days ago. I have been stalled at 185 +/- a pound for 10 days, so hope it will help. The scale has made a small move down. I did continue the Novi-Lax since I got it. My coach is not "sold" on the cleanse, I think I am her first client to do it. I will let you know how it goes. I was really emotional today, crying and "hormonal". Don't know if it was the cleanse or other stuff, crying isn't something I usually do.
I think the hormonal stuff is due to the diet itself and fat loss rather than the cleanse. Maybe estrogen stored in the fat that is being released is impacting your mood. Your stall might be continued fat loss offset by muscle gain, so the scale isn't showing it but your body knows. I was more angry than weepy the first 30 pounds, but something hormonal was definitely going on. Not as angry now, but other hormonal changes are happening. I figure it is all part of the process to get all the hormones (insulin, thyroid, estrogen, androgen, etc) back in balance, which should coincide with hitting the correct goal weight/body fat percentage for me. I sure hope so.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
I did a bunch of searching for info on this site and much of it is against the Detox. (Try searching for these threads: Anyone doing a cleanse? and Novi Cleanse - Q&E as I still haven't figure out how to embed them.)

I started it today anyway

To add to the thoughts on the threads, first clinic I used sold it but never mentioned it. The clinic I now go to does suggest it after 4 weeks. I've been putting it off, but this seems like the right time as I would like a "boost" too.

I'm pretty sure the various ingredients in Novi-Renal and Novi-Pur are ones that I took in the past as part of the supplements for Metabolic Research Centers diet. Not sure if that is good or bad. I know I did not experience "the Big C" on that diet like I do on IP, but I think IP is a better program overall.

We can PM back and forth to discuss our progress & thoughts on the cleanse, if you would like.
sounds great! thanks! today is day 2 and so far so good! the scale did go down about 1/2lb today i don't know if that was due to the cleanse or not but ill take it!!! i figure ill take it for a week and see how next weeks weigh in goes and then decide if i want to keep going on it!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I haven't tried the novi-cleanse because I use something else but I do believe in doing an occassional cleanse especially when we are losing fat. We are exposed to toxins all around us in food, skin products, water that we drink or shower in, air pollution, etc. Your liver does a great job at cleaning these up and eating healthier and drinking lots of water goes a long way to supporting this. But all the toxins we've been exposed to in the past have worked equally as hard to find their way into a fat cell haven, their own private oasis where the liver can't touch them. Now that we are losing the fat cells, these hidden toxins get released and double the load on your liver. This can sometimes be the reason why after having a spurt of weight loss followed by a plateau because your body / liver are catching up on all the foreigner toxins now freely roaming through your body.

I was just at a seminar a couple nights ago about toxins and their affects on our body (not IP but very relevant to this journey). The theme was on how to make little changes in your life to decrease exposure to toxins and to give your body and liver the tools to fight the ones that get in.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/170/120/

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
I think the hormonal stuff is due to the diet itself and fat loss rather than the cleanse. Maybe estrogen stored in the fat that is being released is impacting your mood. Your stall might be continued fat loss offset by muscle gain, so the scale isn't showing it but your body knows. I was more angry than weepy the first 30 pounds, but something hormonal was definitely going on. Not as angry now, but other hormonal changes are happening. I figure it is all part of the process to get all the hormones (insulin, thyroid, estrogen, androgen, etc) back in balance, which should coincide with hitting the correct goal weight/body fat percentage for me. I sure hope so.
This post made me feel SOOO much better about life - lol. I've had a few days of just out right sadness over NOTHING and crying over NOTHING. And thought maybe I've been losing my mind. Whether its a scientific fact or not, I'm going to blame those few "emotional days" on estrogen in my stored fat that's been released. Haha. Thanks
SammyGirl2414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I haven't tried the novi-cleanse because I use something else but I do believe in doing an occassional cleanse especially when we are losing fat. We are exposed to toxins all around us in food, skin products, water that we drink or shower in, air pollution, etc. Your liver does a great job at cleaning these up and eating healthier and drinking lots of water goes a long way to supporting this. But all the toxins we've been exposed to in the past have worked equally as hard to find their way into a fat cell haven, their own private oasis where the liver can't touch them. Now that we are losing the fat cells, these hidden toxins get released and double the load on your liver. This can sometimes be the reason why after having a spurt of weight loss followed by a plateau because your body / liver are catching up on all the foreigner toxins now freely roaming through your body.

I was just at a seminar a couple nights ago about toxins and their affects on our body (not IP but very relevant to this journey). The theme was on how to make little changes in your life to decrease exposure to toxins and to give your body and liver the tools to fight the ones that get in.
SOOOO True i feel the same way! i think that as long as they are done properly they can be very beneficial!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #11  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Novi Cleanse is a 23 day program consisting of 3 different products designed to help the liver, the kidneys, and the colon to eliminate accumulated toxins in the body. This program enhances the Ideal Protein Diet because, as we deplete our fat stores, toxins stored in the adipocytes are released. Occasionally the release of these substances may make us feel tired, "headachy" or even produce rashes. Quite possibly the liver may be stressed because in addition to burning fat and producing ketone bodies, it now has to handle these toxic substances. In blood work, some people will see certain liver enzymes slightly elevated....again this shows the liver maybe under a mild stress. This is where NOVI-CLEANSE can help!

General Guidelines: Never start a new dieter on the cleanse! Many clinics reason that if they "clean up the system first", the dieter will be better results. This is not true. In the beginning of the diet we want to help them through any initial withdraw symptoms, let them get "comfortable" with the protocol, and experience the wide variety of our foods. Basically we want to keep this starting phase as simple as possible and adding the cleanse here will not only complicate their regimen but also may add to the possible withdraw symptoms. After the dieter has been on the program for a minimum of 4 weeks AND IS FEELING WELL, you may now contemplate adding the cleanse. If a dieter has a chronic condition such as IBS, Crohn's Disease, Hepatitis, etc., and is in a "FLARE"....do not start the cleanse. You will only start if they are feeling well!

Directions: Day 1 After breakfast take: 1 Novi Renal and 1 Novi Pur CapsuleAfter supper take: 1 Novi Renal and 1 Novi Pur CapsuleAt bedtime take: 1 Novi Lax Capsule ALWAYS DRINK AT LEAST 2 LITERS OF WATER PER DAY THROUGHOUT THE CLEANSE!

Day 2-23: After breakfast take: 2 Novi Renal and 2 Novi Pur CapsulesAfter supper take: 2 Novi Renal and 2 Novi Pur CapsulesAt bedtime take: 1 to 3 Novi Lax Capsules* *The purpose of the Novi-Lax is to normalize elimination via the bowel. The goal is to have a "Soft bowel movement daily". Some people will only need one capsule per night to achieve this, others may require up to 3 or 4 capsules. NEVER exceed 4 capsules per night. This product will not cause dependency on laxatives, but those who have "sluggish" bowels may want to use this as an ongoing maintenance product once the initial cleanse is completed. Again, always make certain the client is getting enough water throughout the day, 2 liters is the strict minimum, 3 maybe more appropriate.

Clients should be encouraged to do a yearly or even a bi-yearly cleanse as part of a comprehensive plan of preventative health maintenance. This product should not be used by women who are pregnant. Women who are breast-feeding should not us this product (The whole cleanse that is, the Novi-Lax by itself is fine) unless their pediatrician recommends it. As with any medication, if any unusual symptoms appear, the client should stop the program and report this to the clinic where it will be evaluated.
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

My coach wants’ me to try this out and she feels it will help get my hormones balanced out. I need to do some more reading on this. Please let me know how it works for you!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
My coach wants’ me to try this out and she feels it will help get my hormones balanced out. I need to do some more reading on this. Please let me know how it works for you!
today is day 4 for me, i havnt noticed too much of a change yet i have dropped a few lbs since last weigh in, it makes me have to go pee a lot which is one part of it doing its job. i was expecting to have an increased BM with it but havnt noticed that and actually had to use 2 novi lax last night to try and get things "moving" down there, the box says to use 1-2 tablets my couch suggested using only one till you knew how it effected your system!

my mom is on the program and is using the wild rose cleanse which her coach said was allowed.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

I'm really considering this myself as I currently have elevated liver enzymes and think I could really benefit from the liver cleanse in particular.

I've never been much of a 'cleanse' type person but for whatever reason this one makes real sense to me. Just waiting until we can afford to drop it into the rotation.
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I'm also considering this as my losses have been low for a while now. Let me know. It's $67 at my clinic so i'd appreciate some feedback before purchasing.
Have you had any stomache aches? Stomach cramps? Having a lot of BMs?
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote