Old 04-06-2012, 03:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Closer to goal than I ever thought I'd be...

Well, here I am, just a little over 19 lbs away from my goal and I'm FREAKING OUT!! I am scared to go to phase II...
Any insight???

Thanks everyone!
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

First of all, congratulations !!!! I know the feelings you are going through. I just completed my second week of maintenance and I really stressed myself out over the phase-out process. I became afraid that I'd gain it all back, after all my hard work, but the beauty of this program is the phase-out process. They give us the time to internalize the changes, to our bodies but also to our heads.

Phase 2 is just adding animal protein to lunch, just like dinner. No biggie. Phase 3 is where it gets really fun, where you start having 'real' breakfasts, with a good guideline on how many grams of carbs/protein/fat and calories to have. There are some threads, including one I started in my frenzy , that have ideas. They give you a worksheet so you can count the numbers, and in time, you'll find which ones are your favorite and so you start a new routine and it becomes easier.

Phase 4 opens the door wide, and again, I stressed myself more than need be. You keep the Phase 3 breakfast, then for lunch you focus on no complex carb but some fat; for dinner you focus on some complex carb like pasta/rice but low/no fat. Otherwise, you keep up the vegees and now you can have all the vegees you want, not just 4 cups/day! IP is not as specific in instructions on things like potatoes. They are okay now, but common sense now tells me that I won't have them every day. Using the glycemic index as a guide, I can gauge how much of an impact a vegee will have.

Anyway, it's all good. I gained a pd and then lost it, so it is not written in stone that you will gain during the phase-out or maintenance process. Everybody is different.

What I can tell you is that the joy of cooking and trying new things is stronger than ever for me, and I get giddy just having things I haven't had in over a year. You will LOVE it!!!!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #3  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
First of all, congratulations !!!! I know the feelings you are going through. I just completed my second week of maintenance and I really stressed myself out over the phase-out process. I became afraid that I'd gain it all back, after all my hard work, but the beauty of this program is the phase-out process. They give us the time to internalize the changes, to our bodies but also to our heads.
You are doing so great! I'm in awe! Sewmam, how long did it take you to lose it all, from start to goal?
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingshouts View Post
Well, here I am, just a little over 19 lbs away from my goal and I'm FREAKING OUT!! I am scared to go to phase II...
Any insight???

Thanks everyone!
P2 is fine! Check out the threads called "Life After Phase 1"...I'm moving into P3 this week. I lost 3.4 in my first P2 week! I'll begin to gain back due to the glucogen but it won't cause "bulk" just weight...in fact most ppl continue to lose inches in P3!

You'll do great!!! You just may miss your IP packets...seriously the hardest part for me is not having my chocolate three times a day! Now, with moving to P3 I have to give up my AM chocolate!!! It's killing me but I have to accept the program and move on!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone. I think my biggest fear right now is I am doing all of this without a physical coach. I have used this board as a coach this time around and feel like I've done a wonderful job. I am wearing pants that I haven't comfortably worn in over 4 years, which is quite the confidence booster!! I know that we will remain successful as long as we keep our minds focused, just the fear of the unknown!!!
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #6  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post

Phase 2 is just adding animal protein to lunch, just like dinner. No biggie. Phase 3 is where it gets really fun, where you start having 'real' breakfasts, with a good guideline on how many grams of carbs/protein/fat and calories to have. There are some threads, including one I started in my frenzy , that have ideas. They give you a worksheet so you can count the numbers, and in time, you'll find which ones are your favorite and so you start a new routine and it becomes easier.

Phase 4 opens the door wide, and again, I stressed myself more than need be. You keep the Phase 3 breakfast, then for lunch you focus on no complex carb but some fat; for dinner you focus on some complex carb like pasta/rice but low/no fat. Otherwise, you keep up the vegees and now you can have all the vegees you want, not just 4 cups/day! IP is not as specific in instructions on things like potatoes. They are okay now, but common sense now tells me that I won't have them every day. Using the glycemic index as a guide, I can gauge how much of an impact a vegee will have.

Anyway, it's all good. I gained a pd and then lost it, so it is not written in stone that you will gain during the phase-out or maintenance process. Everybody is different.

What I can tell you is that the joy of cooking and trying new things is stronger than ever for me, and I get giddy just having things I haven't had in over a year. You will LOVE it!!!!
Your posts are inspiring sewman. Kudos to you. And your description of the phase out process gives me encouragement that this will indeed be my 'last diet'. I've always been able to discipline myself to lose the weight, but somehow never have been able to maintain. I feel very encouraged about being able to do just that, by following the phases and protocols of IP.

I am so thankful for this forum. It - and super members like you - are such a tremendous support to those of us who are in the early stages of this.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote