Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Morning everyone!
Well I fell off the wagon last night........ I was hungry before I went to bed and about 2 am I ate 7 cookies. It makes me so mad! Trying really hard, just a mind game with the 2 lb gain last week. It won't matter, it won't matter, well it DOES! Let myself down. Working hard to keep up with the demands of life and I matter! Dusting myself off and getting back in the saddle!
Eating 7 cookies is 1 thing but its better than 7 cookies AND a piece of pie! You are turning yourself around! Keep strong!

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-11-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #77  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Congratulations on the engagement. Can I ask what kind of dog you have, it looks like a Cairn terrrier
Thank you PEIslandGirl!! She is a mix of Shitzu and Terrier but i'm not sure what type of terrier she is. She is such a fun dog, such a character that's for sure!!! Have a great day!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #78  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

WAY TO GO WUV Your experience and what you share really makes a difference to so many of us. As new "bumps" show up in my IP road, they really don't bother me because I kind of know what to expect thanks to you and so many others sharing their struggles.

And here is an example....I am SO Excited....I gained a pound at today’s WI. Ok, that isn't why I'm excited. My coach said I had done really well and many people on IP plateau or gain either in weeks 4-5 or 7-8, but I made it to week 10 before I had a gain. Because so many folks have shared that even being 100%, they sometimes had a gain, the gain did not phase me. A little bummed, yes...but no big deal. I looked at my food journal and see some places where I might make an adjustment, but nothing that would have caused a gain. Oh, but here is the part I am excited about...she asked if I would be interested in being a couch for her clinic. She said she was impressed by how knowledgeable I am about the program (thank you 3FC) and that I have stuck with it (Thank you 100% thread). So, I am really excited....

Congrats everyone on the SV and NSVs. There is so much power on the board!!!

Love Twoterville!!! Never heard it before. You are doing great.

Welcome to all the newbies...be kind and give yourself the chance to succeed! IP is perfect just as it is, so if you do exactly what they say to do (don't skip anything, don't add anything), you will succeed!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
OK Ducksmy, it happened and it is over.. be kind to yourself today.. now back to business. you can do this.

Thanks you guys.. it worked!! down 2.75 today for a total of 31. Now on to the next 10 pound goal.
Cadu,
That's wonderful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Okay, I just remembered that I too had an extra snack last night. 2 oz of almonds. It was late and I wasn't even hungry, just too tired to read and too tired to fall asleep so I did it.

Everybody should read the 'keeping your sanity' thread - sometimes we've just got to step back and laugh at ourselves. I know we are all dedicated to improving our health and losing the pounds and we try so hard to live up, but when the weakness happens, ya just gotta pick yourself up and move on, and laugh! I like what Cadu said about being kind to yourself too. The rest of the world has done the job of beating us up for most of our lives, so it's okay to be kind to ourselves...just not with food.
You're absolutely right - we need to be kind to ourselves - gravity is natural. Thankfully we have this website to keep our spirits up and our perspective balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Have any of you used HSA money to help pay for IP products and or the counseling element? As I took my supplements today I realized they could and should have been paid for with my HSA account. Next time! Thanks
Hmmm, have to look into the HSA aspect. Thanks for mentioning this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Congrats on eating an OP item instead of that 1/2 gal of ice cream. This goes to show you that you have grown in your thinking of food. I usually down 2-3 glasses of water when I feel the need to eat something, which is not very often. I don't think about food at all anymore, not even to snack...its crazy.

Even though those cookies are calling your name down a few glasses of water instead of eating those cookies. You wanted them because they were there and you knew it. What would you have eaten if you didn't have those cookies in the house?...retrain your brain to DRINK instead of eat. You are right today is a new day....get right back OP and you will be fine!

I LOVE this program because there is no room for error when it comes to the food, you grab and go basically. ITs strict that is why I love it so much and you don't have to measure anything. It's cut and dry....packet, 2 cups of veggies and 8oz of meat!....and you have a variety its amazing!

OK......for the 2 of you, your DH's are correct...you shouldn't Weigh every day even though it is your motivation. What are you going to do when you step on that scale and you GAIN a pound? and trust me IT WILL HAPPEN!....I have been OP for 49 weeks now and I have had 2 weeks of Gains....I want to challenge the 2 of you to stay off the scale for ONE week.....ask your DH's to HIDE the scale from you for ONE WEEK....and when you get it back you will be surprised as to what your WI will be.....will y'all accept that challenge? I have done this with a few other posters and they took the challenge and realized that they don't need to WI everyday to stay motivated...what do you say?

A lot of posters have mentioned this lately, I guess as we get older our bodies change in different ways and losing the weight as we go shows just that. Congrats on your losses so far!

OK....now for me.....I just got back from my 49th WI and I LOSS ANOTHER 7LBS!!!!!!....wanna talk about surprised????....yup that was me....lol....I didn't lose any inches though so its weird. In the last 3 weeks I have loss 15lbs and NO inches!!....I have now loss a total of 150lbs!!!!...AMAZING is all I will say. I am ONE HAPPY girl right now that is for sure!
That is just so terrific! Are you doing anything different?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #80  
Starting Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiAngie75 View Post
Good Morning! I am new to the site here, and fairly new to IP, I gave it a mini-try a few months ago, and now I am on it. The mini-try was planned, I was out of the country a few times and I couldn't do it full time, but I wanted to see what it was like.

Anyhow, on day 2 today, and I have been reading along on here for a while.. inspiring people on here!
Cheers!
Welcome and there are alot of amazing and helpful people on this site that will always be here for you!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #81  
Starting Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hope everyone is having a good day so far, and some great WI's today too.
Congrats everyone!

I just got back from having a needle biopsy, and will get the results back tomorrow. I will be SO glad when this week is over. It's been a rough go of it lately health wise in my family, and I really could use some good news.

Have a great OP day everyone.
I hope everything will be ok, I will send good prayers your way
Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #82  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

OK....now for me.....I just got back from my 49th WI and I LOSS ANOTHER 7LBS!!!!!!....wanna talk about surprised????....yup that was me....lol....I didn't lose any inches though so its weird. In the last 3 weeks I have loss 15lbs and NO inches!!....I have now loss a total of 150lbs!!!!...AMAZING is all I will say. I am ONE HAPPY girl right now that is for sure![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness. This is so awesome
Old 04-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Are Tofu Noodles allowed?

Hi,

I have used miracle noodles and know they are allowed as they are mostly fiber and not carbs.

Are these allowed:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

i bought 2 bags from my local grocery store and then realized that they have yam flour listed as an ingredient(but its wheat and gluten free). Not sure what that is and if anyone else has used this and if it is considered OP?

thanks!!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #84  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
OK......for the 2 of you, your DH's are correct...you shouldn't Weigh every day even though it is your motivation. What are you going to do when you step on that scale and you GAIN a pound? and trust me IT WILL HAPPEN!....I have been OP for 49 weeks now and I have had 2 weeks of Gains....I want to challenge the 2 of you to stay off the scale for ONE week.....ask your DH's to HIDE the scale from you for ONE WEEK....and when you get it back you will be surprised as to what your WI will be.....will y'all accept that challenge? I have done this with a few other posters and they took the challenge and realized that they don't need to WI everyday to stay motivated...what do you say?

Challange accepted I do know I shouldn't weigh in every day ... it is more an OCD thing for me I think LOL. But it sure has been nice to see the numbers going down. NO more hopping on the scale every morning for me. I will let my next WI be a surprise
GREAT!!!!....now make sure you tell the DH about this challenge so he can keep you in line.....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

That is just so terrific! Are you doing anything different?
I have done NOTHING different this week. The only thing I ate different was 2lbs of crawfish on Good Friday that was it!....lol
Old 04-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Hi,

I have used miracle noodles and know they are allowed as they are mostly fiber and not carbs.

Are these allowed:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

i bought 2 bags from my local grocery store and then realized that they have yam flour listed as an ingredient(but its wheat and gluten free). Not sure what that is and if anyone else has used this and if it is considered OP?

thanks!!
YES!, they are allowed...well by my coach anyways....lol.....just remember there are 2 servings in that bag
Old 04-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

peach green tea (hot) is my friend... calming my craving for something sweet.... not candy tho..... I want an ole' fashion Ice Cream Sammich.

So to take my mind off of my minute craving.... drinking my tea BUTT NEKKED. lol that way I concentrate on not spilling this hot tea on me.

yes'th I have issues.....

what ever it takes dangit .... OP at all costs.... I get nekked for my cause

lol lol hahahahahaha
Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
peach green tea (hot) is my friend... calming my craving for something sweet.... not candy tho..... I want an ole' fashion Ice Cream Sammich.

So to take my mind off of my minute craving.... drinking my tea BUTT NEKKED. lol that way I concentrate on not spilling this hot tea on me.

yes'th I have issues.....

what ever it takes dangit .... OP at all costs.... I get nekked for my cause

lol lol hahahahahaha
LMAO........THIS is great!...thanks for the laugh but I can so see you concentrating on not spilling.....lol
Old 04-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Morning everyone!
Well I fell off the wagon last night........ I was hungry before I went to bed and about 2 am I ate 7 cookies. It makes me so mad! Trying really hard, just a mind game with the 2 lb gain last week. It won't matter, it won't matter, well it DOES! Let myself down. Working hard to keep up with the demands of life and I matter! Dusting myself off and getting back in the saddle!
Hang in there and remember you can do this. It is not over and you can win the battle. Wishing you the best.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 390/312/220

Height: 6'

Thanks for all the positive comments everybody! It's really funny how the gradual impact of losing so much weight sneaks up on you. There have been times recently where I end up doing a bunch of walking and then it suddenly dawns on me that I'm not out of breath or tired or wishing somebody would bring me my car. On the other hand I catch myself doing things out of habit that I don't need to do anymore. Like, when I was heavier, I usually would lean on the counter when using the bathroom or kitchen sink to wash my hands or dishes etc. I keep catching myself doing that even though my back problems and difficulty standing are pretty much a thing of the past. Anybody else go through things like that?

In other news... My chiropractor opened a newer bigger office but it has caused me to have delayed weigh-ins. I usually have weigh-in on Mondays after work. Last week we did it Saturday and this week it should be today. Since the new location isn't fully operational I have to buy my food via their website or wait until the office is up and running. I have opted to wait. Last night I made hamburger buns out of the crepe mix and had a cheeseburger (my coach allows me to use veggie cheese but very sparingly.) It was AWESOME. Last weekend I made mock potato salad and I thought I'd share how I made it with you guys. I boiled 4 Kholrabi and then peeled them. Cut them up into cubes. I also boiled 4 eggs. Before making this I made my own egg white mayo from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com. I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil and stevia instead of sugar. It came out pretty good but had a slightly strange taste from the olive oil/stevia combo. I pretty much cut up the eggs and added some celery and raw onions some of the mayo and some golden brown mustard. The cool thing is the "not quite potato" taste of the kholrabi worked very nicely with the "not quite mayo" taste of the egg white mayo.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #90  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
OK Ducksmy, it happened and it is over.. be kind to yourself today.. now back to business. you can do this.

Thanks you guys.. it worked!! down 2.75 today for a total of 31. Now on to the next 10 pound goal.
Great job! Keep up the good work. You're doing fantastic on the program.
Closed Thread