Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #61  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt13 View Post
hi there, im a newbie at this but see that you started at about the weight im at right now, just wondering if you started seeing results right away or if it took some time. I hear a lot about people losing the 3-7lbs a week. Im just very much trying to stick to this, i know i just started on monday, but i dont feel like there is much change hope i start feeling more like i can stick to this but this is proving to be very difficult for me

~jessica~
Hey Jessica - I'm going in for WI#6 on Friday and just wanted to say 'Howdy' and STICK WITH IT! The first 3 days are the HARDEST...power through it - drink water, read the forums and ask advice - you will get support and ideas for making this an easy transition. Give yourself 3 weeks on this program, you will lose weight. It will be on your body's own scale though, but it will be lost and it will be a fat melting process.

I have days where I feel like nothing has changed, clothes feel the same - and then one day I wake up and feel lighter, leaner - and it is confirmed by the scale and the inches lost. You hear it referred to as 'the whoosh', and it is a phenomenon you will experience if you give yourself the chance. So don't be discouraged if you feel like too many days have gone by without progress...it will happen!
Don't quit on your worst day.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #62  

Well, after loosing 48 pounds since January 1, I'm now in my 3rd week of stall. No change is 3 weeks. Grrrr!. Oh well.....keep on truckin. 30 to go!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #63  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
OK....now for me.....I just got back from my 49th WI and I LOSS ANOTHER 7LBS!!!!!!....wanna talk about surprised????....yup that was me....lol....I didn't lose any inches though so its weird. In the last 3 weeks I have loss 15lbs and NO inches!!....I have now loss a total of 150lbs!!!!...AMAZING is all I will say. I am ONE HAPPY girl right now that is for sure![/COLOR]
Fantastic!!!!

Quote:
Today im feeling : its going to be my third day on the diet, and was maybe expecting way more than i should have been from being OP, today i am going to be working on making some baby shower invitations so hopefully that keeps me occupied enough to not think about it, wish me luck!

~jessica~

Week #1

4/9:177.8
4/10:177.6
4/11:176.8
4/12:
4/13:
4/14:
4/15:
You are right in the middle of the worst of it. Very soon you will be in ketosis, and all those hunger pains will be a distant memory. Also you might want to stay off of the scale till you go for your WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurge View Post
So far I've lost ~75 lbs and while a lot of people here talk about getting to "Onederland" I'm looking forward to making it to "Twoterville!"
A big congrats on the 75lb loss. And I love the word "Twoterville"
Old 04-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #64  

Quote:
Today im feeling : its going to be my third day on the diet, and was maybe expecting way more than i should have been from being OP, today i am going to be working on making some baby shower invitations so hopefully that keeps me occupied enough to not think about it, wish me luck!

~jessica~

Week #1

4/9:177.8
4/10:177.6
4/11:176.8
4/12:
4/13:
4/14:
4/15:

Don't try and track your progress daily, do this week by week. I admit to weighing at home occasionally to confirm my 'whooshes', but I only count The Official Weekly Weigh In with my coach. You will go days with no progress, maybe up 1+lb depending on your water intake and 'toilet habits'...but give yourself a chance!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 192.6/179/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
hi there, im a newbie at this but see that you started at about the weight im at right now, just wondering if you started seeing results right away or if it took some time. I hear a lot about people losing the 3-7lbs a week. Im just very much trying to stick to this, i know i just started on monday, but i dont feel like there is much change hope i start feeling more like i can stick to this but this is proving to be very difficult for me

~jessica~
Jessica, I hear you, but stick with this you will be surprised. This is my second week and weight does not come off me easily, so I was panicking the first week also. but after the fourth day and the cravings eased up, I relaxed stepped on the scale the next morning and big smile. 3 pounds gone! It may not seem like a lot, but as I said I don't lose easily and never 3 pounds in 3 days and a total of 4.4 pds in 1 week unheard of for me. This works!
So stick with it!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
Well, after loosing 48 pounds since January 1, I'm now in my 3rd week of stall. No change is 3 weeks. Grrrr!. Oh well.....keep on truckin. 30 to go!
I did the same thing a several weeks ago and my coach added a 4th packet to my diet and the scale finnally started moving again this week. It won't stay that way forever.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #67  

THanks hyrysk......my coach did the same thing last week.....added some food that is. On a positive note....I didn't go UP. whoo hoo!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #68  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
I had a huge NSV on Saturday! I have a 3 bedroom apartment with a large sun-room and a former girlfriend of mine needed a place to stay while she is looking for work. I have a bed setup in the sun-room but there was a lot of "stuff" in there cluttering the space (it looked like an episode of hoarders in there...) I got up Saturday morning and moved ALL of that stuff out and then moved her stuff in then I neatly stacked the stuff I moved out so I can sort it and either toss it out or put it in storage... 3 months ago when I started this diet that would have been impossible without help! So far I've lost ~75 lbs and while a lot of people here talk about getting to "Onederland" I'm looking forward to making it to "Twoterville!"
Good for you And you made me LOL at Twoterville!! Never heard that expression, LOVE IT!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #69  

How do y'all like that new ticker...tired of being jealous of everyone's - got one of my OWN! Have a great OP day folks- off to eat my lunch!

Chicken Soup w/mushrooms and lettuce w/EVOO+apple cider vinegar dressing.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
OK....now for me.....I just got back from my 49th WI and I LOSS ANOTHER 7LBS!!!!!!....wanna talk about surprised????....yup that was me....lol....I didn't lose any inches though so its weird. In the last 3 weeks I have loss 15lbs and NO inches!!....I have now loss a total of 150lbs!!!!...AMAZING is all I will say. I am ONE HAPPY girl right now that is for sure![/COLOR]
wow!!! again, I say, Wuv you are a rock star!!!! I bet being in love has something to do with it too....
Old 04-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #71  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
I had a huge NSV on Saturday! I have a 3 bedroom apartment with a large sun-room and a former girlfriend of mine needed a place to stay while she is looking for work. I have a bed setup in the sun-room but there was a lot of "stuff" in there cluttering the space (it looked like an episode of hoarders in there...) I got up Saturday morning and moved ALL of that stuff out and then moved her stuff in then I neatly stacked the stuff I moved out so I can sort it and either toss it out or put it in storage... 3 months ago when I started this diet that would have been impossible without help! So far I've lost ~75 lbs and while a lot of people here talk about getting to "Onederland" I'm looking forward to making it to "Twoterville!"
Awesome Thurge. I am sure 75#'s makes a huge difference.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #72  

Quote:
Aren't those realizations great? Fitting into clothes you couldn't wear before, or just getting up and down stairs gets so much easier, it helps you enjoy life more. Good for you!!!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hope everyone is having a good day so far, and some great WI's today too.
Congrats everyone!

I just got back from having a needle biopsy, and will get the results back tomorrow. I will be SO glad when this week is over. It's been a rough go of it lately health wise in my family, and I really could use some good news.

Have a great OP day everyone.
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today, Dana. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Default Way to go, 150 pounds lost that is incredible. I am just going to start on Sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie5 View Post
WUV!
You are truely Inspirational! 150 pounds gone WOW!
Congratulations! again........ WOW [/QUOTE]
Old 04-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

OK......for the 2 of you, your DH's are correct...you shouldn't Weigh every day even though it is your motivation. What are you going to do when you step on that scale and you GAIN a pound? and trust me IT WILL HAPPEN!....I have been OP for 49 weeks now and I have had 2 weeks of Gains....I want to challenge the 2 of you to stay off the scale for ONE week.....ask your DH's to HIDE the scale from you for ONE WEEK....and when you get it back you will be surprised as to what your WI will be.....will y'all accept that challenge? I have done this with a few other posters and they took the challenge and realized that they don't need to WI everyday to stay motivated...what do you say?

Challange accepted I do know I shouldn't weigh in every day ... it is more an OCD thing for me I think LOL. But it sure has been nice to see the numbers going down. NO more hopping on the scale every morning for me. I will let my next WI be a surprise
Closed Thread