Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/10/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #2  

Good Morning everyone! Thought I'd start the daily chat this morning. Just caught up reading all the posts from yesterday's daily chat. A lot of newbies..Welcome!

Had success shopping yesterday. Found 6 pairs of jeans and only spent $60. I was pretty excited about that. Last time I spent that on 2 pairs of jeans because I couldn't find anything I liked. They are a little snug, but in a couple of weeks, they'll be just perfect!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Good Morning everyone! Thought I'd start the daily chat this morning. Just caught up reading all the posts from yesterday's daily chat. A lot of newbies..Welcome!

Had success shopping yesterday. Found 6 pairs of jeans and only spent $60. I was pretty excited about that. Last time I spent that on 2 pairs of jeans because I couldn't find anything I liked. They are a little snug, but in a couple of weeks, they'll be just perfect!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Wow that is great......6 pairs for $60???? That is unheard of up here! You look fantastic. I am hoping to lose another 15lbs and buy my first expensive pair of jeans ever. I never spend a lot on clothes, but I am soon......just once. Have a great OP day too!
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning

Last night I had a dream that I cheated. it was so real to me. I woke up and was like.. whew, thank God that was only a dream.

Have a great day everyone!
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #5  

Morning everyone! Raining gloomy day today, working at 12, so gonna do a little house work, and cooking before I go. I have switched up my IP food this week. I always had a cappacino shake in the morning, but now have a chocolate caramel bar instead.........so yummy and I find it helps me get right through to lunch. Had an awesome workout at the gym yesterday.....20 min of cardio then 40 of weight training on the machines! Felt fantastic! I should be doing more free weights and I do with my husband if it works out that we can go to the gym together, but I am super intimidated in the weight area by myself. Like anyone cares what I am doing......but just a thing I have

I bought a real good book awhile ago "new rules of lifting for women".....great information.....quick workouts, but got bored working out at home. Hope to get back at those again soon!

Everyone have a great OP day, looking forward to reading some great posts later.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Wi#20

Good Morning IPeeps,
Another beautiful day here in Tennessee. I do so love the blue skies, the birds singing and the sun shining! The temp here for the next few days is going to be the high 60's, and the nights are 30-40's. I'm not liking the cold part too much, but I don't mind the cool during the day as long as it is sunny!!

Great losses so far, congratulations everyone. I am so proud of everyone, sticking to this plan thru whatever may come your way to try and stop you. We all have to change our way of thinking and not let anything stand in our way of our goal to be skinner and healthier!!

Well, this morning was weigh in #20 and I actually gained a pound , but that's okay. I know that all the stress if the past two weeks has alot to do with it and me not getting all of my water in last week didn't help things out any as well.

UPDATE: The bank finally recouped all of the money back and removed all of the overdraft charges from my account. I did hear last week that there was a Security Breech at the office in Atlanta that does the processing of all the credit cards and debit cards before it goes to your bank and 1.5 million people were effected. I am wondering if that is what happened with my card. I guess I will never know. I sure hope that whoever did this to me is enjoying what they bought. I am still waiting to hear back from Wal-Mart with the report of what was bought and where it was sent to. If it was sent to a private address I am going to press charges!! But I know in my heart that I will never know.

Good luck to those who still have to weigh in this week. And remember any loss is a good loss!!!! I hope everyone has a great OP day and week.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday! I just finished getting caught up on all the posts from yesterday, so many great things happening to so many. I love IP and this board!

WI #6 yesterday brought me to 21.8 pds lost so far, and hope that next Monday I will see onederland! As my coach said, next week I should be out of my terrible twos

Hope everyone has a wonderful IP day!
cmk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning

Last night I had a dream that I cheated. it was so real to me. I woke up and was like.. whew, thank God that was only a dream.

Have a great day everyone!
I still have those constantly..... It is a horrible feeling.....I am also glad to wake up and realize it isn't real!!!!!! So weird how the mind goes crazy when we sleep
Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!
Yes, yesterday was fun on the boards with all the new people. Lots of good questions.

There was just a segment on the Today Show about a new cellulite surgery which is FDA approved. If you didn't see it, you can probably find it on the Today Show website. It was a short segment but in essence, it is performed under local anaesthesia, costs in the vicinity of $2500 per area done ($2500 for thighs, $2500 for abdomen, $2500 for the butt) and at this time, has lasted 2 years after surgery and not clear if it lasts longer as the trials haven't extended beyond that.

Had my weigh in and am down 1.3 pounds.

Have a great OP day,
Chloe
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Good morning everyone!! I've just returned from visiting my first grandchild for the last two weeks. What unbelievable joy. She is the most gorgeous little one, but I am sure that I am very prejudiced. Did a lot to help out new mommy, and it was a sharp reminder of what I was no longer doing in my everyday life!!! One good thing was that I had no scale there the whole time. I did stay totally OP with the exception of one night when I was too tired to cook, and had an IP shake instead. Got home yesterday, hopped on the scale, and I am down 10 pounds!
Feeling in a very good spot, and WI is not until Thursday, so hoping for more!!
parislady40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk33 View Post
Happy Tuesday! I just finished getting caught up on all the posts from yesterday, so many great things happening to so many. I love IP and this board!

WI #6 yesterday brought me to 21.8 pds lost so far, and hope that next Monday I will see onederland! As my coach said, next week I should be out of my terrible twos

Hope everyone has a wonderful IP day!
Yay that is a great way to start your week! Great job! This diet is crazy easy......I wish I found it years ago. I feel like I have lost so much time, being over weight all my life.....but found it now, doing it and loving it!!!!

Good luck on your next weigh in----you got this for sure!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by parislady40 View Post
Good morning everyone!! I've just returned from visiting my first grandchild for the last two weeks. What unbelievable joy. She is the most gorgeous little one, but I am sure that I am very prejudiced. Did a lot to help out new mommy, and it was a sharp reminder of what I was no longer doing in my everyday life!!! One good thing was that I had no scale there the whole time. I did stay totally OP with the exception of one night when I was too tired to cook, and had an IP shake instead. Got home yesterday, hopped on the scale, and I am down 10 pounds!
Congrats on your new grand daughter, I bet she is awesome. Good for you on the weight loss while being away and traveling. I am super nervous about that, but so many have posted that they have done it and lost. Gives me huge hope!

Have a great day
Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

My wife and I argued last night and my emotional eating kicked in. I chose a few IP snacks. Not great but at least it wan't a bag of chips, ice cream or a bunch of the Easter candy still all over the house.

Home sick with my 4 year old daughter. Not the best type of "Daddy Day" but I will still enjoy it. I love spending time with my three rug rats (4, 6 & 9). They're growing up so fast.

Have a great day everyone.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #14  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by parislady40 View Post
10 pounds is awesome! How old is your granddaughter?
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Usmcvet, she is 1 month now, and so super cute. We do not live close to her at all, so it was a great 2 weeks. In truth Kelly, IP made this a lot easier for me to travel with, as I always had my food ready to go. No thought. I did shakes and drinks, and was able to use a bottle of water as my shaker for mixing without lumps etc. Hardest part was remembering on time, as I was off my normal routine.
parislady40 is offline   Reply With Quote