Old 04-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 192.6/179/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbezanis View Post
Good morning IPers. Just had WI # 4 and down 3 lbs. That's 15 lbs in 1 month. I feel pretty good about this, and actually started exercising again. Did great over Easter Sunday by planning not to eat anything that wasn't OP. Coffee with a friend in the morning, didn't eat the pastries, lunch at Lola in Seattle (awesome BTW) and stayed OP, dinner at a friend's and even passed up dessert when people were telling me "just one won't hurt"! Ha! Got through that one too. I love that I have willpower. Don't think I've ever had that before.

Wow! Wonder Woman! Fantastic Job!
Minnie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #47  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Finally having one of those 'skinny days' you've all been talking about also a male co-worker who's just back part-time after a 6 week sick leave said to me ' I know it's not etiquette to mention a woman's weight, but you look great'.... just made my day that much better!
northernfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good morning everyone;
I am so excited we finally got MIO in my local Walmart....now I can understand why everyone likes it. It feels like I am cheating when I am drinking it. This is definitely help me on the downhill journey to end of the tunnel and on the other side the forcast is SLIM and SUNNY!!!!!
Cindy
Love your forecast!
If you don't mind me asking what is MIO? I've never heard about that product before.
Miranda
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #49  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marci3230 View Post
I haven't been on in a while and it is so good to catch up. Glad everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good work!
Welcome back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
Finally having one of those 'skinny days' you've all been talking about also a male co-worker who's just back part-time after a 6 week sick leave said to me ' I know it's not etiquette to mention a woman's weight, but you look great'.... just made my day that much better!
Isn't it a great feeling when someone notices the difference and isn't afraid to say so?
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good luck to those who still have to weigh in this week. And remember any loss is a good loss!!!! I hope everyone has a great OP day and week.
Holy SMACKERS girl, HAWT profile picture...you look fantastic. I have to say that it's been inspiring watching you, I remember when you first started. So happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good morning everyone;
I am so excited we finally got MIO in my local Walmart....now I can understand why everyone likes it. It feels like I am cheating when I am drinking it. This is definitely help me on the downhill journey to end of the tunnel and on the other side the forcast is SLIM and SUNNY!!!!!
Cindy
Still can't find it here, but thankfully someone sent me some anyway. So I'll just slowly use that up as I keep my eye open.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

I got my fat loss monitor today (finally - I sure miss having Amazon Prime!). Comparing it to the printout from when I started with my coach, I've decreased my body fat by about 5 points - by my calculations, that means that even though I've "only" lost about 18 pounds, I've actually lost 22 pounds of fat. Does that sound possible? I've only worked out a very, very little bit and nothing too strenuous, so I find it strange that I could have increased my muscle mass by four pounds.

Not that I'm complaining, of course!
wendyquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie5 View Post
Love your forecast!
If you don't mind me asking what is MIO? I've never heard about that product before.
Miranda
Mio is just wonderful...it is a flavoring you can add to your water..amongst other things. It is IP compliant in that it is 0/0/0, it is sweetened with sucralose, some coaches say okay some don't. I am hooked on the sweet tea, berry pomegranate and orange tangerine. Mix the orange tangerine in a blender with some ice and vanilla pudding and water and you get a dreamsicle.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
What I'm writing isn't new - it was the fine folks on this website before me that gave me these ideas. I am posting it here since I recently did this and wanted the new folks to be aware of it. I am indebted to those folks before me who would share these simple recipes on the Daily thread because it made it easier to stay on the program, esp in the first few weeks. In those early weeks, I was too overwhelmed to also check the recipe listings, but I did read the daily thread religiously.

Vanilla almond shake: This is one of my favorites: Take 1-2 c spinach, and a little water, chop finely in your handy chopper (my ninja, some have bullets). Then add a touch of vanilla extract, almond extract, vanilla flavored stevia, vanilla drink or pudding, and let it chop away till smooth. I drink 2/3 of it.

The remaining 1/3 is poured into a small pyrex cup, put in the freezer until I can no longer wait to eat it - could be a half hour or 2-3 hours. It does become frozen if I leave it in 3 hours and then I might put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to help it defrost faster. Anyway, it makes a great treat right before bed, satisfying and this way I get 2 treats out of the packet. Feels indulgent but isn't.

This is something I see myself doing after I lose all the weight and go into lifelong maintenance. __________________
That sounds delicious! I will give it a try, thanks!
Also thanks for your encouragement yesterday, it helped.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #54  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Mio is just wonderful...it is a flavoring you can add to your water..amongst other things. It is IP compliant in that it is 0/0/0, it is sweetened with sucralose, some coaches say okay some don't. I am hooked on the sweet tea, berry pomegranate and orange tangerine. Mix the orange tangerine in a blender with some ice and vanilla pudding and water and you get a dreamsicle.
Orange is my favorite also, to me it taste like an orange fanta drink. but i do the same thing as you with the vanilla...haha...I can't wait to try the lemonaid and the blueberry lemonaide they just announced!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #55  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

Have to weigh-in today (two days early - I am going on a field trip whale-watching in the San Juan Islands with my DD's 6th grade class on Thur-Fri). I am anxious because it isn't my normal day and time - how funny is that?

This week is bound to be crazy - field trip Thur-Fri, my DD's first horse show of the season on Sat, and my son's 18th b-day on Sunday! Whew- it's exhausting just to think about my schedule for the rest of the week!

Exciting to hear about everyone's losses & victories! Hooray!
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Weigh in tonight, and as always I'm nervous! So strange to actually have found a program that works, you think I'd be more excited than nervous but alas, here we are.

Great to see so much positivity around here!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I can DEFINITELY see myself making the spinach smoothie well out of IP and into maintenance. I've found that blending in ice just makes it a super yummy shake. I haven't added any extracts - I'll try that next.

And rhubarb...where have you been all my life. You turn my raspberry jelly into a dreamy fruit filled snack. I add a light touch of WF marshmallow dip mixed in and it's a sinful parfait. I am still not 100% "on-taste" w/all the WF products, but the light touch mixed in is AWESOME!

And don't get me started on zuchinni...I sauteed up some peeled suckers w/splenda & cinnammon then baked with some egg whites & topped with crispy cereal & WF caramel sauce...hello apple crisp!

I've REALLY been missing my fruit and these sweet substitutions really helped.
Wow! you have Great Weightloss! Every week your down a minimum of 5.
How are you doing it? Any secrets to share? LOL
Old 04-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

I dont weigh in til friday but my jeans are falling down i m so glad ill be ready for summer when it gets here yippie
jenn04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Wow what great news on the boards today!! Just catching up from the weekend!! Congrats to all of the WI's and NSV!!

I was never a big veggie eater before this diet journey that started only 2 months ago, but something funny happened today. I went to the cafe at lunch today to check out the daily specials with a friend (I brought my own lunch), and was super excited to see they had zucchini as a veggie of the day so I ordered some!!! Wow things have changed!! lol

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Me too! Whenever I eat out, they never have enough vegees to suit me. Now that I'm in Phase 4, I can have unlimited vegees but still find that I am so full with the meal, I can't eat much more. Have really enjoyed opening my options and trying anything once.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
Day 7 and I seem to be looking for munchies in the afternoon....more than last week. I think I'm already not being as strict as I should to make sure that I eat a big enough lunch. I made OP deviled (sp?) eggs for myself for Easter and have been eating the left overs as my protein lunch. Will go back to packets....I just can't stand to waste food. I need to get over that. It *is* a waste if I eat something I shouldn't just to keep it out of the garbage. Like clearing your whole plate of food even if you are no longer hungry!

On the bright bright bright side...I weighed myself this morning since my WI w/my doc yesterday was a day early. I am down 7 pounds. Woo hoo!

Glad to be on this site! Good luck to everyone.
If the only protein you are getting at lunch is the eggs, that may not be enough. Eggs are great, but not as much protein as in one IP packet. If you ever feel the need to snack in the afternoon, go for pure protein. You could have some of your dinner meat early, or do egg whites. The protein gives a longer lasting boost of energy.

Congrats on your loss!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote