Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 4/9/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #2  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Monday Everybody!

I had a few tough days last week, I think I may have been dreading Easter because of all the temptaions and all my past patterns and I may have been feeling deprived for what was to come. (this was my first holiday on IP).
I made it through Easter 100% OP and it wasnt even that hard. I woke up this morning feeling so much better. . What a waste of time worrying about food.. So silly now that it is over.

Oh, and all the compliments I heard yesterday were wonderful.. someone even called me tiny.. hahahaha I had to giggle at that one.

This is going to be a great week. I feel empowered
Have a great day Everyone

Last edited by Cadu; 04-09-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3

Good Morning! My plan today is to check out an Ideal Protein informational meeting which is tonight. It's a distance for me to travel and I have another conflicting meeting..hoping I can get it to work out.

Also on the agenda, continue researching and reading all I can find on IP. I think my mind is gearing up for it...reading the forum here helps and seeing so many successes is quite encouraging. There's been some big numbers for weight loss! Yay for all of you. (and it appears I'm right in the midst of some of the same numbers...I would like to lose 60-70 pounds).

Does anyone know the average (I realize everyone is different - but approximate from those you know who have walked the walk) time it takes to lose that amount? (considering one stays very true to plan).

Have a super day and thanks for a spot to easily find and jump in!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Monday Everybody!

I had a few tough days last week, I think I may have been dreading Easter because of all the temptaions and all my past patterns and I may have been feeling deprived for what was to come. (this was my first holiday on IP).
I made it through Easter 100% OP and it wasnt even that hard. I woke up this morning feeling so much better. . What a waste of time worrying about food.. So silly now that it is over.

Oh, and all the compliments I heard yesterday were wonderful.. someone even called me tiny.. hahahaha I had to giggle at that one.

This is going to be a great week. I feel empowered
Have a great day Everyone
Wonderful !!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy5 View Post
Good Morning! My plan today is to check out an Ideal Protein informational meeting which is tonight. It's a distance for me to travel and I have another conflicting meeting..hoping I can get it to work out.

Also on the agenda, continue researching and reading all I can find on IP. I think my mind is gearing up for it...reading the forum here helps and seeing so many successes is quite encouraging. There's been some big numbers for weight loss! Yay for all of you. (and it appears I'm right in the midst of some of the same numbers...I would like to lose 60-70 pounds).

Does anyone know the average (I realize everyone is different - but approximate from those you know who have walked the walk) time it takes to lose that amount? (considering one stays very true to plan).

Have a super day and thanks for a spot to easily find and jump in!
Welcome ! This is a great group, full of knowledge and support. The amount you loose will vary from week to week, so don't get too fixated on the number. I know, it's not easy, and we all do it, but just keep plugging away at your goal and you'll get there. IP says the average is 3 pds/wk. I was a little bit under but close to that. I lost about 147 over a 15 month period.

I have gone to several of the info meetings and find that even if I've heard the stuff before, it helps to get it to sink into my brain and really understand the bit about the pancreas and the role it plays in our weight. I am so grateful for IP, that I could loose all my weight and do it safely.

Good luck !!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #6  

Wow, Sewman, I have been reading through the forums, trying to learn what I can about IP and holy cow-you really have had tremendous success!

I was looking at your signature and wondered if it took just a little over a year to lose what you did?

Congrats!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #7  

Good morning everybody! I go to see my gyne for a well-woman exam and mammogram. That will be interesting, seeing as since I've lost all this weight, my 'girls' aren't what they used to be. I wonder if it will hurt more or less?

Anyway, I hope to talk to her about the bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and checking my hormone levels, since I've not had that done and I'm in menopause. Just keeping my options open for the future...

Hope you all have a wonderful Spring day!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #8  

Good Morning all. Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend! I enjoyed spending some time with family I hadn't seen since Christmas. I didn't get around to shopping for new pants this weekend. I was told by my DH that I needed new pants. He's not overly excited about spending money on new clothes, but he's proud of the progress I've made so far. So...skipping out early from work today to hit up the consignment stores. Wish me luck!

Hope everyone had a great OP weekend and has an OP day!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #9  

I think our posts crossed in cyber-space.

A quick question....are vegetables unlimited? (certain ones?)

(I know I will find out so much more at the informational meeting but just was wondering....)

I like vegetables but eating so many is a bit daunting....is juicing allowed do you know.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #10  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I think our posts crossed in cyber-space.

A quick question....are vegetables unlimited? (certain ones?)

(I know I will find out so much more at the informational meeting but just was wondering....)

I like vegetables but eating so many is a bit daunting....is juicing allowed do you know.
Only lettuce is unlimited. Certain vegetables are select, meaning you can eat them everyday. Other vegetables are restricted to twice a week, like tomatoes and green beans. Then, there are vegetables that you can't have, like carrots.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #11  

Quote:
Wow, Sewman, I have been reading through the forums, trying to learn what I can about IP and holy cow-you really have had tremendous success!

I was looking at your signature and wondered if it took just a little over a year to lose what you did?

Congrats!
Thanks Candy! I started Dec 27 2010 and by December 2011, I had really lost most of what I was going to loose, had my first 'cheat' with sugar-free chocolate at the holidays, and after that, the weight loss slowed down. When I got to a point where I had 20 pds of excess skin and weight loss was at a standstill, and I was in a size 10 pants, I decided it was time to stop and do the rest with exercise and diet. I just started the Phase out about 1.5 months ago, so I was in Phase 1 about 14-15 months. But, other people have lost it much faster. I am in menopause and that affects weight loss. I have had chronic fatigue syndrome for over 12 years and without it, I would have been able to at least walk more and accelerate the weight loss, but I am still so very grateful that my body didn't give out on me and that I made it through...
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #12  

That's really great! I am in menopause too...just entering the new phase. It brought extra weight with it-so welcoming, huh? NOT! Going to try to see that extra weight to the door!

As far as the juicing, I got a juicer a couple months ago and have been juicing different greens-lots of broccoli, spinach etc. (generally not lettuce-so, then that may not be the answer to getting the vegetables in).

If I get to the meeting I will have to ask-I bet they want you to have the whole vegetable to get the full/fiber factor.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great Easter Weekend. We went camping and trail riding and that can present a problem when it comes to my IP foods. We usually pack a lunch and carry it in our saddlebags. I always make a sandwich for DH and some sort of snacks...so I learned to make "bread" with my chicken soup and fill it up with veggies. I will add an ounce or two of turkey breast and that really helps with keeping me full. It's very hard to drink all my water on the trail, I feel like a jack in the box getting down and up and down and up on my horse, so that is probably what suffers most. Anyway, after having dropped close to 35 pounds I really noticed the difference getting on my horse....I hope he did too!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!

Glad Easter is behind us. Was at my mother's and surrounded by incredible homemade cinnabons, cherry cheese danish, various candies, and a typical fattening Easter dinner. I did have a little ham, asparagus and green salad with my own WF dressing.

Big news _ my new Omrom 514 scale came and I'm in the process of learning how to use it. It measures % body fat, % visceral fat (fat around your organs vs. subcutaneous fat), resting metabolic rate, etc. It also gives you an approximate age given your body stats. Results after measuring myself 3 X yesterday and twice today - my old scale was showing me at 6 pounds heavier (that's the good news), my body fat is 40% (not good), my "age" is 2 years older than I really am (grrrr)...so this extra info is motivating me to really work at the diet for health reasons as well.

So I adjusted my ticker to reflect the new Omron info by modifying the start weight as well. Therefore, still lost the same amount of weight - just have a new more accurate view.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Cadu,
Love the new photos! You have a lovely smile! Congrats on staying OP in the face of temptation these past few days! You will be rewarded, our bodies are wonderful that way.

Candy,
Read the "stickies". You will earn so such, so fast. Find them on the IP Forum home page. Re weight loss, my guesstimate is that it is roughly 10 pounds/month when averaged out. Re getting in the 4 c of veggies, try juicing 2 c raw spinach and putting that into your IP drinks/puddings, or adding chopped or juiced veggies to your soups. I have soup every day for lunch. Easy way to get the veggies in and not notice. Once you start doing this (juicing veggies and adding to drinks/puddings/soups, you will probably keep it up - so simple and fast and filling.

Sewmam,
I started HRT using compounded bio identical creams in early Feb, same time I started IP. I haven't had a hot flash or night sweat after a few days of starting HRT. I sleep well and deeply (I dream almost every night and remember them! Amazing. Benefit of getting into that nice deep REM sleep, very restorative.) The testosterone portion will give you more energy overall. I will be having more blood tests to be sure I'm receiving the right dosages, not too little or too much. Be sure you get blood work done before and periodically while taking them.

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Closed Thread