Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #76  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Great Taste Concoction: Top "Garlic Mashed Cauliflower" with Grilled Red peppers and WF Honey BBQ sauce. So yummy! I grill the red bell pepper using mustard seed, fennel, garlic olive oil, celery seed on the stove top in a nonstick skillet.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #77  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Yesterday I wasn't having a very good day myself but I got over it. I don't know if it was because my youngest left to go back to college or what but I was in a funk bigtime. My oldest asked me to make him some bengits (fried doughnuts) so I did with no problems. After they were done I looked at him and said I could so eat ONE of those right now. He said Crap mom I am sorry. Then I started cleaning and rearranging the living room and started crying. He said MOM I am sorry really I am, I said its ok I dunno what is wrong with me today I am feeling sorry for myself for some reason. I am tired of looking at plain walls and I want to fix my house up.He said would a "cheat day" make you feel better? I said HE** NO, he said I knew you were going to say that but wanted to make you smile which it did. I was better after that, I don't know what was going on with me yesterday....ALL better today though!
O I feel you on this one, big time! I think today is my hard day! I'm so pi*sy and mad at the world. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep this day away. It didnt help that my fieance got up super early and so did I (0330) and couldnt go back to sleep and when I wanted to it was time to get up anyway an my alarm was reminding me of that. But while I laid in bed i found this cute site of an IP'er and her story. But anyway so i went home for lunch and my son's dad came over to hang out with my son, (i say MY son, lol its ours but he's MINE lol) and he brought bad food...omg i just wanted to plant my face in it. I was so ready to take this diet and shove it up his A! I know he did that on purpose (probably not but i'm going to say he did cus i'm angry and p*ssed at the world right now) but my fieance through text talked me off the ledge... still i could just eff this day! now it's 1400 after lunch still sippin my choco drink... feeling somewhat better but still want to go buck nuts on some potatos!

Btw... i did do the caul mash...not bad. I felt bad puttin the little bit of butter an sour cream in it but that's what the recipe said and i couldn't find one with out it so i didnt have a restricted snack, and i busted A on the treadmill but now that i'm reading... i guess i shouldnt have done that either!

O and i stepped on the good ol' scale this morning... yeah it hasnt moved since last wed! Day keeps getting better :/

Sorry for the Debbie Downerness... i'm just over it today! Congrats to everyone else though! Good job!

Last edited by mlucas; 04-09-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Cadu, I love your picture! I will have to post one soon because I really like to see a face with a name.

Samba, great job at the dog show and on the weight loss!

Candy5, welcome. This diet does work but you must commit!

Happy monday to everyone else! I am excited to get outside this week and work in the garden. I have been lambing, I have 2 sets of twins so far with 3 more ewes left to lamb! They are soooo cute!

I hope everyone has a great day.
I know its off topic, but would love to see a couple of pics of baby lambs, maybe attach to a message?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #79  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie5 View Post
Wow Starting my second week and boy do I feel nauseous and sick like not the flu though, does anyone have any ideas? is this normal on this program?
Add some sea salt to your day your BP and electrolytes may be low, This happens sometimes. Lick 1/4 tsp of sea salt off the palm of your hand then drink some water, in about 10-15mins you will feel better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie7878 View Post
Help... Can someone tell me about pb2 this is powder peanut butter and someone on facebook says we are allowed to have this? My coach never said anything like this.
PB2 is not suppose to be used until Phase 2, We are not suppose to have it on Phase 1. It is a powdered PB that you just add a little water too. Its yummy, I had it while I was on Phase 3 for 2 weeks, its something I look forward to having in the later phases that is for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
O I feel you on this one, big time! I think today is my hard day! I'm so pi*sy and mad at the world. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep this day away. It didnt help that my fieance got up super early and so did I (0330) and couldnt go back to sleep and when I wanted to it was time to get up anyway an my alarm was reminding me of that. But while I laid in bed i found this cute site of an IP'er and her story. But anyway so i went home for lunch and my son's dad came over to hang out with my son, (i say MY son, lol its ours but he's MINE lol) and he brought bad food...omg i just wanted to plant my face in it. I was so ready to take this diet and shove it up his A! I know he did that on purpose (probably not but i'm going to say he did cus i'm angry and p*ssed at the world right now) but my fieance through text talked me off the ledge... still i could just eff this day! now it's 1400 after lunch still sippin my choco drink... feeling somewhat better but still want to go buck nuts on some potatos!

Btw... i did do the caul mash...not bad. I felt bad puttin the little bit of butter an sour cream in it but that's what the recipe said and i couldn't find one with out it so i didnt have a restricted snack, and i busted A on the treadmill but now that i'm reading... i guess i shouldnt have done that either!

O and i stepped on the good ol' scale this morning... yeah it hasnt moved since last wed! Day keeps getting better :/

Sorry for the Debbie Downerness... i'm just over it today! Congrats to everyone else though! Good job!
Thanks!...I saw my boys dad on Good Friday, he came to pick up the boys (20 and 24) and NEVER even spoke to me....lol...its like I wasn't even there. I was thinking to myself.....eat your heart out buddy...see what you are missing out on....hahahaha
Old 04-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #80  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
...Oh, and all the compliments I heard yesterday were wonderful.. someone even called me tiny.. hahahaha I had to giggle at that one.
This is going to be a great week. I feel empowered
Have a great day Everyone
LOVE your photos! and congrats on the compliments, "Tiny"!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy5 View Post
Have a super day and thanks for a spot to easily find and jump in!
Welcome - I agree - check out all the stickies, lots of good info there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! I go to see my gyne for a well-woman exam and mammogram.
Hope you all have a wonderful Spring day!
Hope all went well today! Hope you had a wonderful day, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
...but he's proud of the progress I've made so far. So...skipping out early from work today to hit up the consignment stores. Wish me luck!
How'd the shopping go? How fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
I started IP today ....

so far so good.... my biggest challenge (last nite) was understanding HOW to prepare the IP packet food. Scared Imma' mess up lol.
Couldn't be easier - add water and shake, shake, shake! The soups just heat in the microwave, the omelet, just cook in a pan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Just popping by to say Good morning everyone!!
G'morning! (well, good afternoon, now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie2011 View Post
Morning everyone!

I'm off today and plan to spend the day ridding my house of many temptations and preparing a grocery list. Anything aside from the obvious that you all recommend I stock up on? I've gotten some great tips for oils, water flavourings and spices, but I'm always looking for interesting stuff.
I have found it handy to have frozen cauliflower and broccoli in the freezer for an "emergency" veg if I don't have fresh. I also prefer the results of roasting frozen cauli over fresh. Yum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Just took my BMI I am now considered at a healthy BMI and at the high-end of the healthy weight range for my height and age, that makes me very happy!
Woot Woot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

It's unofficial till tomorrow's WI, but I've hit the 80lb loss mark this morning. Un-friggin believable that I could do this. IP has been such a blessing in my life. And I thought being post menopausal would slow me down. I've lost that in less than 7 months.
Woot Woot to you too!!!! How exciting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie5 View Post
Happy Monday Everyone!
W1 3.4 lost and 4 inches gone!.
Thank goodness Easter is over, it did go easier than I expected though with 3 boys and a ton of chocolate around here, I'm surprised I'm not craving it like I used to. I stayed on program 100% and am very proud of myself, before it would be like... ( one chocolate won't hurt you! )
now i know better, and didn't want to chance not losing for 3 days after.
A little disappointed I didn't lose more weight being week 1, Iv'e done other programs and lost more the first week. Still proud of what I did lose though and the inch loss is great! On to week 2! Take care everyone.
Good job staying OP - just keep on the program and you'll be dropping those pounds in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artflunky View Post
I had the hardest day I've had since I started 9 weeks ago...
(hugs) can you think of something non-food to treat yourself with? Hot tea? Bubble bath? Hang in there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
My youngest is home sick today. I took her to the doctor. I weighed in on their scale and I was at 438. At first I thought ok, 2 more pounds down that's good. Math has never been my strong point. About an hour later I realized I was down another 7 pounds which makes 32# in ten days. I'm pretty happy.
Great news!!!

Quote:
Looks like everyone made it through Easter with success....CONGRATS to all!!

I am loving seeing the before and now pics....isn't it amazing to see the difference in a short amount of time? This is why I recommend everyone do it even though you don't want too. Because once you see the difference in a month that is motivation to keep going when you see the difference!
I agree - the before and after pics are inspiring!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
Good morning everyone! As of this morning, I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal weight and so happy!

My plans for the day are to get my kitchen cleaned up and get busy with some cabinet painting I've been avoiding. The UPS man should be here this afternoon with a Scentsy order that I'll need to package up for delivery, so I want to be prepared with all the stuff for that,too. I just finished knitting a cute spring top yesterday so today I need to get it washed and block the lace out so I can take a picture for my blog - I'm much happier about doing my own modeling today than I was a month ago! Just think how much I'll enjoy it in a couple more months when I'm at my goal weight!

I did a 10 minute toning workout this morning - found it on NetFlix and I think it's a good amount of exercise to start out with. I can feel my muscles working but not enough to get my heart rate up or break a sweat.
Awesome on the progress! And I'd love to see pics of that knit top - I'm getting more into knitting and would love to see some cute ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
Week 1 - first weigh in. (And, actually, only 6 days in...so not quite a week.
I lost four pounds and NINE inches. FOUR of those inches from my waist.

That is some major motivation.
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookiepotpie2 View Post
Hi All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday/weekend. I can't wait until I earn a tracker I think I read 20 days.

I had my 3rd week WI and I lost 3.3 this week for a total of 15 pounds in 3 weeks!!! I love IP I was on it last year and slipped off for a wedding (it was only going to be a weekend) I am so glad I am back!!!
Love having my ticker! Glad you are back on IP with us!

Last edited by momof2greatcats; 04-09-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #81  
Started IP 3/11/2012

And here's my update:
Had a great OP Easter weekend. Today I had the herb omelet with zucchini and mushrooms in it for lunch - DH was a sweetheart and made it for me as I was taking my shower and I packed it and reheated gently in the microwave at work. Yum! It was big and filling, too. I ate it over two sittings.

Going out to dinner tonight w/ DH and my parents. Have looked online at Bravo's menu so I can plan what I will eat. Looks like they have sauteed green beans (haven't had any of them or tomatoes this week) so will have to double check w/ waitstaff exactly how they are prepared (or if they have steamed broccoli) and then pick a protein and sub out a second green bean for the starch.

It's funny, I am really looking forward to WI tomorrow!!! I love IP.

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Awesome on the progress! And I'd love to see pics of that knit top - I'm getting more into knitting and would love to see some cute ideas!
Thanks! The top is from the current issue of Knitty, which means the pattern is free (my favorite price!) and it's really well written. Here's the link:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEss12/PATTgemini.php

It's almost done enough in the dryer for me to pull it out and do the blocking. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Default Feeling great

Hello - I have just finished my 7th week on IP and I'm down 30lbs. I have so much hope for the future! Wuv - you are such an inspiration! I started wanted to lose 75 lbs but needing to lose 105 - now I know that 105 is an attainable goal. For those of you who have made this journey - I know I still have a long way - what is your secret for staying motivated? I don't feel like I'm going to fail, but sometimes the threads make me worry that I'll get frustrated after a while. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #84  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
Thanks!...I saw my boys dad on Good Friday, he came to pick up the boys (20 and 24) and NEVER even spoke to me....lol...its like I wasn't even there. I was thinking to myself.....eat your heart out buddy...see what you are missing out on....hahahaha
Ugh... you are so lucky! lol My ex talks to me, he thinks we are "friends"! He starts to talk and i want to punch MYSELF in the face! lol He's like totaly oblivious to the world, he has no idea how people see him. He is self proclaimed great and awesome.. when he's the farthest from. I dont get it.. it's def. a bad case of distorted reality. What's going on inside his head, we will never know! What was going on inside my head 11 years ago... ALCOHOL! lol Never an addict but good example kids or why you SHOULD NOT drink! lol You wont have to deal with your ex's... FOR LIFE!

But for you... girl... you work sweetie! Shake it! How are things with your new boo? Been dying to ask, but didnt want to pry lol. Next time you have to see your ex... make sure your new boo is over and that he's got a nice handful of your back side at all times lol
Old 04-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #85  
Started IP 3/11/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
Thanks! The top is from the current issue of Knitty, which means the pattern is free (my favorite price!) and it's really well written. Here's the link:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEss12/PATTgemini.php

It's almost done enough in the dryer for me to pull it out and do the blocking. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Ooh - that's cute as can be! Something to make for myself when I get to goal!! Thanks for the link. (and I'm with you - love the free patterns! I'm a big fan of Ravelry.) Just finished a baby blanket for a friend who has custody of her grandson. Think I'll make a shrug or something not size dependent next.

Last edited by momof2greatcats; 04-09-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

Why is it the first two weeks were a breeze and this week I'm starving? I was gluten free the first two weeks and added non gluten products this week, I want to eat everything that isn't nailed down!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #87  
Started IP 2/28/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Hello - I have just finished my 7th week on IP and I'm down 30lbs. I have so much hope for the future! Wuv - you are such an inspiration! I started wanted to lose 75 lbs but needing to lose 105 - now I know that 105 is an attainable goal. For those of you who have made this journey - I know I still have a long way - what is your secret for staying motivated? I don't feel like I'm going to fail, but sometimes the threads make me worry that I'll get frustrated after a while. Thanks!
Good job!!
Dont get worried, you will be fine! I think we've all felt that way but when you see the progress you dont want to mess it up. And i'm sure by now your train of thought towards food has completely changed. And you no longer look at food the same. It's just filler/energy now, nothing more. You will get to your goal and smash it! You wont fail cus you will hear all of our stories in your head that will keep you going. We are the devil and angle on your shoulders Atleast that's what it's like for me! I wanted to cheat a few times... but... it's not worth it. I think this 1 min of statisfaction.. is not worth screwing up the amount of mistakes/satisfactions that i just worked my A to get off! Or i just keep thinking back to my 2nd and 3rd day... omg.. if you had a anything like mine... that will deture you from failure everytime! lol

Keep up the good work... I look forward to seeing you at the finish line! xo
Old 04-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #88  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Afternoon,
Hope everyone is having a great day! Saturday's WI +2 lbs, which I don't understand, my coach said to stop going to the gym. So any way.....
Feeling a little down today, tired and all this danged ole pollen!
Going home to cook dinner!
Blessings!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #89  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I get on here and post, that is how I stay motivated and I also know I WANT IT bad enough so I will stick to it! I have gotten my life back again and I am not losing it again. I love the NEW ME and its improving EVERYDAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Ugh... you are so lucky! lol My ex talks to me, he thinks we are "friends"! He starts to talk and i want to punch MYSELF in the face! lol He's like totaly oblivious to the world, he has no idea how people see him. He is self proclaimed great and awesome.. when he's the farthest from. I dont get it.. it's def. a bad case of distorted reality. What's going on inside his head, we will never know! What was going on inside my head 11 years ago... ALCOHOL! lol Never an addict but good example kids or why you SHOULD NOT drink! lol You wont have to deal with your ex's... FOR LIFE!

But for you... girl... you work sweetie! Shake it! How are things with your new boo? Been dying to ask, but didnt want to pry lol. Next time you have to see your ex... make sure your new boo is over and that he's got a nice handful of your back side at all times lol
Well my ex is back home and I dont' see him very often unless the boys come home with me. The new boo is going good, in fact he is suppose to be coming over later to chill and hang out.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
Hi everyone I usually don't post in the daily chat

Anyway, I am on phase 3! So excited! I have been on it for the past 2 days, but after I eat my breakfasts I have been getting super heartburn. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have been having:

chobani plain yogurt
1/3 cup grape nut flakes
2tablesoons almonds
cup of blueberries.

Happy Monday!
It may pass as your body gets used to it, but you could also try some digestive enzymes. My clinic sells the Metagenics "Spectrazyne" but I also found some cheaper at my health food store. The trick is to remember to take them before you eat, which I'm not good at.

Aren't breakfasts incredible? I'm in my 3rd week of Phase 4 and breakfasts are still my favorite meal!

Last edited by Sewmam; 04-09-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Closed Thread