Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #76  

Anyone know what the deal with Worcestershire sauce is? I see it in the recipe thread all the time, but the nutrition facts are definitely not 0/0/0.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by naysha6 View Post
Hey guys! I was OP today. Now that I'm home from work I feel myself getting the munches like a crack addict or something. I'm waiting for that feeling to hit me when I'm not having cravings anymore. This is my 2nd week so I am figuring that since it takes 21 days to develop a habit I'll be ok by week 3. Good luck everyone over the holiday fighting the food pushers!

Wk#1 -4

Hi Naysha,
I know what you mean about cravings...I'm just finishing week 1 and they definitely aren't gone yet - at first when I was really hungry I didn't notice it as much, but tonight after a satisfying dinner and feeling good I seriously started craving some Cold Stone. Nothing more than a thought though! Old habits die hard I guess...congrats on your loss so far!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Excellent job staying OP through the baking! I love to bake, and have done so a few times now while on IP. I just make ot a point to really enjoy the great smell from the oven, but no tasting. I figure I can bake again for myself in phase 4. Until then my daughter and my coworkers will do all the eating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Wow, to bake sweets and be that close to popping some batter or dough in your mouth! Would be so hard for me. I really like sugar - so this diet is good for me to break that cycle of craving it. Hmm, just thinking about it...maybe I'll go get a dill pickle - that helps.
Thanks Beanie Mommy. I also love to bake and although yesterday proved that I usually do plenty of "testing", I seldom sit down and eat a portion of the finished product, with others. My greatest pleasure is in the making and then the sharing. Guess I'm more of a closet eater than I realized though.

Chloe222 Sorry about that, didn't mean to bring on a craving. lol. Hope that pickle did the trick!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
I just noticed I had 363 posts! I had no idea that I blabbed so much.... guess it reflects how wonderful this group is.

Please keep blabbing!! I learn so much from you.

Have a happy Easter!
Chloe

Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Today was a bit of a challenge. I had to stay up ALL night with my daughter as she had to have a sleep deprived EEG this morning. While doing our 'stayupallnighter' my son comes down starting to eat my IP chocolate cookie teenagers! I explained to him that it was my special diet allowed food and no he cannot have it.

Breakfast did not happen until 11:30 because I had to have some bloodwork done while fasting & the EEG took longer than anticipated. Crashed into bed at 1:30P and woke up at 5.

It is 6:30pm - skipped lunch and had dinner. Made sure I had 4 cups of veggies though.
I may end up with so I think I will have less than 3 packets today
What a great mom to stay up all night with your daughter! You might have to hide your cookies or buy extra non-ip cookies your kids like to keep them out of your IP sweets.

When the days come when I just didn't get it all in (few and far between!), I will drink a choc drink before bed and use a bar if I have to. It's really important to get it all in. Don't want your body to go into starvation mode.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
Happy Birthday to the birthday kids!! It's my birthday too and I had such a crazy day at work I didn't even have time to eat lunch...In fact I didn't even get off early, which was a bummer...but I got everything accomplished before my boss leaves town for the week so I'm glad. Now I'm headed out for a steak dinner with lotsa veggies as a celebratory dinner. I didn't lose any weight this week sadly in fact I gained a pound. I dunno what happened,it seems like I have lost an inch or so because my new (old) clothes fit looser, but my weight went up. Oh well...I'm not stressing about it. I'll just keep moving forward! Love all the NSV's and SV's!!! Congrats to you all!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALASKASTARR!!

Don't worry about the 1 pound - I had 2 weeks where I gained 2 pounds each time. It still came off - so don't fret - all of our bodies are different and adjust to this weight loss using its own "body wisdom".

Hope you had a lovely dinner and enjoyed your special day!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Hi Naysha,
I know what you mean about cravings...I'm just finishing week 1 and they definitely aren't gone yet - at first when I was really hungry I didn't notice it as much, but tonight after a satisfying dinner and feeling good I seriously started craving some Cold Stone. Nothing more than a thought though! Old habits die hard I guess...congrats on your loss so far!
I understand the cravings. They do get less frequent - that's the good news. I'm on week 8 and the cravings are few and far between now. Happens though when all of a sudden I start thinking about sweets because I'm reading a magazine and then there's a dessert article for a dessert I would typically like or I smell something enticing (walking into a friend's house and smelling homemade cookies). Otherwise, doesn't happen out of the blue now.

This means an external trigger creates the basis for the craving versus your body just starting to crave it w/o any such trigger. With IP your need for sugar dissipates over time. So, try to have some other things to do when the cravings strike - like get on this website and do "research" which could be reading the "stickies" mentioned on the IP table of contents page and cut and paste info from them into your own motivational and helpful hints docs, or recipe docs, etc. Diversion really helps!

Plus having these docs made for easy reference is so valuable to you down the road if and when you hit a stretch when you just lose momentum and motivation.

Good luck and look forward to hearing about your success!
Chloe
Old 04-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Hi all!
This is my third week OP and I have lost over 8 lbs in the first 2 weeks. I love this diet! It makes it so much easier to skim through these posts every day too. What a priceless benefit

I have been struggling to lose the last of this baby weight...well, since I had my first baby in 5/09- had another in 12/10 and it has been downhill from there! The reason for taking this plunge is bittersweet. I am a Naval Officer (have been for 14 years) and was just presented with deployment orders to Afghanistan in July. I have deployed before, but not since the babies and this is a HUGE mental struggle to say the least.

If I am not within height and weight standards I will forfeit my orders, but this will greatly affect my career path, not to mention the humiliation and self-disappointment that I let this get so far. So, here I am- required to be under 156 by May 18th and I have no fear that I will make it- thanks to everybody's support! I may have to leave my babies for 9 months, but I will be a happy healthy mommy when I get home!!
I'm sure you will make that benchmark!
I can't imagine the emotional struggle you are faced with. I hope that you will continue to post here and keep us in your life even after you've reached goal and, if possible, after you're deployed. We would love to be your personal cheering section.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

That's a great idea, Chloe...I keep reading things on here and thinking "I have to remember that..." I'm starting a file now!
Closed Thread