Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/5/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Weigh-in today...weight stayed the same for the first time since Jan. 16th...but since I'm bloated and was actually up 7 pounds on Monday, I'm not surprised! I'm still down 2.5 inches, so I'll definitely take it!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

icath - terrific! Good for you!

Good morning everybody! Funny how a little change to routine, like a family visit, can shake things up. I did well with it, but now I feel a certain comfort in getting back to the routine I was forming for Phase 4. Onward!

Hope you all have a perfectly grand day!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

I made it! My first goal of 40 lbs and today I made it! I lost 4 lbs this last week which was a great loss considering most of my losses are 1-3 lbs a week, and it was TOM! I am very excited!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Just had a good IP breakfast, omelet, wheat toast (I am doing alternatives) Dijon Mustard a 16 ounce glass of water and black coffee.

On my way to weigh in. I actually had trouble sleeping last night, I am excited to weigh in.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I made it! My first goal of 40 lbs and today I made it! I lost 4 lbs this last week which was a great loss considering most of my losses are 1-3 lbs a week, and it was TOM! I am very excited!
Hooray for reaching mini goals! Congrats to you!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Congrats!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

WI#4 down 2.2. I'll take it, would have been nice to have a bigger number, but last week was pretty big. Glad i lost! I am going to step up my gym a bit this week hopefully....huge challenges this week. Have a great day everyone and stay OP!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
WI#4 down 2.2. I'll take it, would have been nice to have a bigger number, but last week was pretty big. Glad i lost! I am going to step up my gym a bit this week hopefully....huge challenges this week. Have a great day everyone and stay OP!
Remember if you are stepping up the gym to add 1/2 packet before and after your workout because you will probably burn more than we take in our entire day!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Quote:
Yahooooo - congrats!!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Morning, all.

I'm so dumb. Finally back at work today after being away and I only packed a chocolate drink for food today. Gah! Had my shake in the car on the way to work but I usually have/need a pudding and a bar during the day to make it through. How am I going to do this?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning, all.

I'm so dumb. Finally back at work today after being away and I only packed a chocolate drink for food today. Gah! Had my shake in the car on the way to work but I usually have/need a pudding and a bar during the day to make it through. How am I going to do this?

If you don't have a way to get veggies or salad, then drink a lot of water and hot tea? This has gotten me through long stretches at times. Sorry you forgot the food! I do stuff like that a lot!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Morning, all.

Can you run out at lunch to a walmart? They have pure protein bars and shakes that some folks use on the non-ip alternatives plan. Heard the Pure Protien bar in "S'mores" flavor, tastes like a Milky Way when its frozen.

If you have a cafeteria at your disposal, see if you can get 2 hard boiled eggs.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #14  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Happy Thursday!
Congrats to all those losses out there! You guys rock!

almost lost it last night...... almost ate a slice of cake! ekkk! And my thought process was if you are going to blow get a big ole hunkin slice! But I did not, went to bed and had my shake before going to sleep. But that danged ole cake was actually singing to me...."come and get me , you know you want to, it wont hurt ya" in the smoothest Barry White voice. UGGGGGG! Got up and took another shower and finally went back to sleep.
I am scared I am going to loose it! Help a sister out!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #15  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
Weigh-in today...weight stayed the same for the first time since Jan. 16th...but since I'm bloated and was actually up 7 pounds on Monday, I'm not surprised! I'm still down 2.5 inches, so I'll definitely take it!
congrats!

Quote:
Dont ya just love hittng them goals!! Way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
2.2 is great. celebrate that loss

Quote:
Morning, all.

Maybe go out and get a salad with grilled chicken for lunch. (do youhave any WF dressings at work? or you can get vinegar on it) then at dinner just cut back some of the protein and have your other IP when ya get home before dinner. or have 80z of chicken in the salad then have your IP for dinner. Good luck!

Happy Thursday everybody!
I am planning on doing allot of yard work today since it will be nice out. Yesterday I worked all day out in the yard, staining the deck, power washing lawn furniture and fence and then sodding some greass where DH did some yard work and didnt finish.. sigh. By the end of the day I was exhausted but it did feel great to get out and move and be productive.

Have a great day everybody!
Closed Thread