Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I am new here as well ... although I have read just about every thread I could possibly read over the past week!!! I started IP on Thursday so I am on day 4. So far I am excited! Love that it gives me specific things to eat and not eat ... I do not do well with wiggle room!! All of your stories are super inspiring and really motivating for me. I have tried so many things and failed ... failing again is just not an option. I weigh in on Wednesday so fingers crossed!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #32  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Hi all! I am new here as well ... although I have read just about every thread I could possibly read over the past week!!! I started IP on Thursday so I am on day 4. So far I am excited! Love that it gives me specific things to eat and not eat ... I do not do well with wiggle room!! All of your stories are super inspiring and really motivating for me. I have tried so many things and failed ... failing again is just not an option. I weigh in on Wednesday so fingers crossed!!!
Welcome Cole, you will find success on this program like no other both in pounds and inches. It's a strict program but very enjoyable!...Enjoy your journey!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 252/189/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I'm Lori. I have been on IP since Nov. 1, but have only used the 3FC site a few times. I need some new food ideas, so need to start learning my way around. I have lost 62 lbs and counting. That includes a two-week hiatus in Feb, where we served at a school in Nairobi, Kenya, and ate loads of carbs.

I live in VA, am (usually) happily married and have two teen children. We have a Lab/Aussie mix dog, a mini-Schnauzer, and four cats (working on decreasing that number). I love the mountains and the beach, a thought-provoking book (Made to Crave being a current favorite), and a good cup of coffee.

Look forward to getting to "know" you all.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #34  
Full of awesome

S/C/G: 259/177/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello, everyone! I'm Kendra and I started IP late last month; tomorrow will be 3 weeks. So far, I am *loving* the results. I've officially lost 11 pounds and as of this morning, my bathroom scale is showing a 14 pound loss (next WI is Monday)!

6 years ago, I began a weight loss regimen (low fat/cal diet and lots of exercise) that helped me shed 80+ pounds. I've kept a majority of it off, gaining and losing 5-10 pounds here and there in the past 5 years. This year, I've decided it's time to lose the rest of the excess weight.

My bf knows a handful of people who have had success with IP and that inspired me to give it a shot. With the exception of the soups, I'm actually loving the packets and only really struggling with getting my veggies in (even though I always manage to). Not finding it too difficult to stay 100% OP, especially with the results I've seen so far. There isn't really a greater motivator than that!

I've been lurking here for awhile now and have found this place to be a great resource for everything from recipe ideas to inspiration. Looking forward to finally contributing myself.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMountainMom View Post
Hi, I'm Lori. I have been on IP since Nov. 1, but have only used the 3FC site a few times. I need some new food ideas, so need to start learning my way around. I have lost 62 lbs and counting. That includes a two-week hiatus in Feb, where we served at a school in Nairobi, Kenya, and ate loads of carbs.

I live in VA, am (usually) happily married and have two teen children. We have a Lab/Aussie mix dog, a mini-Schnauzer, and four cats (working on decreasing that number). I love the mountains and the beach, a thought-provoking book (Made to Crave being a current favorite), and a good cup of coffee.

Look forward to getting to "know" you all.
Hello Lori, welcome to the IP family! you will find lots of recipes and ideas around this site. There are recipe threads in the sticky's that I am sure you will find helpful. Sounds like you have a house full that is for sure! Glad you have become part of the family you will enjoy it....don't be afraid to post or ask questions when you have them someone is always around to help out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard N7 View Post
Hello, everyone! I'm Kendra and I started IP late last month; tomorrow will be 3 weeks. So far, I am *loving* the results. I've officially lost 11 pounds and as of this morning, my bathroom scale is showing a 14 pound loss (next WI is Monday)!

6 years ago, I began a weight loss regimen (low fat/cal diet and lots of exercise) that helped me shed 80+ pounds. I've kept a majority of it off, gaining and losing 5-10 pounds here and there in the past 5 years. This year, I've decided it's time to lose the rest of the excess weight.

My bf knows a handful of people who have had success with IP and that inspired me to give it a shot. With the exception of the soups, I'm actually loving the packets and only really struggling with getting my veggies in (even though I always manage to). Not finding it too difficult to stay 100% OP, especially with the results I've seen so far. There isn't really a greater motivator than that!

I've been lurking here for awhile now and have found this place to be a great resource for everything from recipe ideas to inspiration. Looking forward to finally contributing myself.

Welcome to the IP family Kendra. Seeing the results of others whom have been successful will help you stay motivated on the program but sounds like you are having success of your own already...congrats on that!!...I am not a soup person either, I had them in my starter pack and NEVER had them again....lol...good luck to you!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #36  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Hi Everyone!!

I don't believe I ever formally introduced myself but I am Kelly and I started the program February 6th of this year (day after Super Bowl Sunday!!) I work for a Medical Software company and I am also a Real Estate Broker, so I like to keep myself busy!

I live in Cape Cod, Massachusetts with my fiance Mike. We have our wedding planned for November this year so that is my motivation!! That, along with the fact I have been putting off losing weight for as long as I can remember! I need to get healthy, so many things such as heart disease and diabetes run in my family. I am 36 and have decided I would LOVE to lose 100lbs!

Other diets have failed me in the past, I haven't been able to stick with them. The way I have come to see it, if a drug addict is trying to quit drugs, you don't allow them just a few drugs here and there right? So if I am a FOOD ADDICT, why should I be allowed just a little of the bad foods in moderation like other diets allow? I think the strict protocol of the IP diet is perfect for me. No counting, no tracking, just plain and simple!! And I know the bad foods will be there when I reach my goal. So far this mentality has worked for me, and I have lost 27lbs in just 9 weeks OP! This is the first time in my life I have truly followed a diet for more than a month!

I am so happy to have found this board and love how supportive everyone is!! Together we can ALL do this!!!

Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #37  

Well, welcome Kelly. I have seen you around but its great to know a little more about you. Sounds like you have a plan and will stick to it for both your health and your wedding!...congrats on both!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #38  

Very inspirational for me, thanks everyone and good luck to us newbies!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #39  

bump
Old 04-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Greetings to all,

Oh dear, I do believe I missed introducing myself to you all. I just jumped in and started posting.

Where to start...Ideal Protein was recommended by several of my coworkers. I was inspired by the results I was seeing on several people in a short amount of time. I am almost 41 and am hypothyroid. I can say that some poor eating choices let to where I am but a good portion was just due to my thyroid issue. Once I got my thyroid under control I couldn't get the scale to budge...I had been at 206 for 4 months and no matter what I did there was no change and I was still having thyroid symptoms. After a great deal of research I learn that I had Hashimoto's disease which leads to Hypothyroid AND I had some food intolerances and allergies. I am allergic to eggs and have an intolerance to gluten. Gluten is not my friend...it brings on all the thyroid symptoms...achey joints, blemishes, constipation and night sweats. I eliminated gluten and eggs from my diet about 4 months ago. That was a significant change so when I decided I needed help to move me off of 206 it was time to get off the fence about IP. So now my husband and I are entering our 4th week of IP. He has lost 30 lbs and I have lost 15. I am so excited about the program and am learning so much. I must say that it has been easier for me to make this leap after having such a major change in my diet with the elimination of gluten. My DH and I are having fun with being creative and finding some things we REALLY like.

Last night he did zucchini fries in the convection oven. He peeled and chopped them...put them in a bowl and mixed in a light coating of olive oil. Then he put garlic powder, sea salt, alpine touch and italian seasoning on them. Baked them at 350 for 20 minutes. All I can say is that it is DIVINE.

As i mentioned my starting weight was 206 and my goal is to get to 140. I am so inspired by all of you and people I know in person. I greatly appreciate all the conversations I have read and the thoughts/tips shared. I look forward to continuing to celebrate our successes and journeys together.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #41  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi my name is Angie. This is my 2nd week on IP. I have been lurking, but wanted to introduce myself. I have really enjoyed reading the success stories! Congrats to everyone!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #42  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Welcome and commit to the program 100%, once you make that commitment to yourself it will be easier for you to stick too it. I have laid it out like this to some and they understand it better...Lets say you are married or have a boyfriend/girlfriend, there is a HOT guy/girl sitting across the table flirting with you, would you leave your marriage/boyfriend/girlfriend for that HOT person flirting with you? OF COURSE NOT!.....its the same thing with food, just because it is there do you NEED to eat it....no of course not. YOU are the ONLY person whom can make the decision as to what goes in your mouth.
Great analogy - and I will remember this when that tempting food "flirts" with me! I'll give that fickle lover the hee-ho!

I am 59 years young, have 3 wonderful sons (lost my daughter 16 yrs ago), and 3 grandchildren I adore! I joined IP on March 12, 2012. I am the ultimate yo-yo dieter and I think some of my problem is that though I have been able to lose in the past, it was never "all the way" - never made it to achieve my ultimate goal weight - so it was easier to not recognize what I had accomplished as a victory so I didn't have the resolve to keep it off (I've already been helped by this IP site to change this way of thinking). How many years of my life have I wasted now, up and down, yet ultimately still overweight and unhealthy, and constantly lamenting that fact rather than taking measures to change it once and for all!? I'm sick of it being such a big part of my life, my conversations, my regrets...time to MOVE ON!

That's basically why I took the biggest leap of faith yet and joined IP. Knowing myself, I knew I needed something very structured - I don't trust myself to make my own choices, after all that hasn't worked in the past! And I know this will be something I need to, and will learn. So after checking out the 3fc IP forum it was obvious to me that this plan DOES work and this plan WILL take me, finally, to my goal - at which point I WILL keep it off!

I feel like I've been given the opportunity to 'start over' and feel a hopefulness I have not felt in a very long time. So, here I am! And thank God, here all YOU are because I couldn't stay so motivated without all of the encouragement I get on this site.

Last edited by 3sisters; 04-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #43  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

HI everyone! I started my IP journey on April 27, 2012. Today is my third day and I have been 100%OP since the begining! I joined because I was tired of feeling tired, worrying about my daily outfits and just being uncomfortable. I am looking to lose 40 pounds total. March of 2011 I started a tough gym regimn and eating right. When I started working out and I weighed right around 200 pounds. I lost 40 but hit a plateau. I then moved after the holidays and because my husband is in another state I dont have the time to go to the gym. I do keep a pretty good diet but and looking to get rid of the last 40 pounds. I joined IP because of this blog... reading the successes gave me the confidence that it can work for me too! I want to get back to my healthy weight! I just cannot wait for the results!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 183/175/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello my name is Carol and I live in a small town south of Calgary in Alberta
I have always been a busy gal I showed ,bred,foaled out,rode,and trained Arabian horses for 43 yrs now retired mmmm need I say more I am trying to catch my weight gain before it gets out of reach for me! I applauded every one here that is one of the first steps right? Hubby has about 80lbs to loose and this is what had us look at the IP diet as so many have lost there weight on it.
If we survive lol the bit..y sessions that both of us have on week 1 we should be able to succeed Hope it goes away soon as with our weight lol

So glad I found this site thanks girls!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #45  

WELCOME to y'all.....I have seen a few post from several of y'all and looks like y'all are coming along just fine. If you can get through the first week the rest will be easy. Keep a variety in your program, try things you don't normally eat. For example I HATED mushrooms before couldn't stay the texture, now I eat them on a regular basis. Never be afraid to ask questions, make suggestions or share something you have created and enjoyed. We are always up for new ideas that is what makes this program so great. Again WELCOME to the IP Family!!
Closed Thread